hair transplant without finasteride and minoxidil?

baydude

Reaction score
Anyone gone through a hair transplant without taking finasteride or minoxidil? How was the result? I can't deal with the side effects of both.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to have a hair transplant in few months with only minoxidil. I suggest you at least get on minoxidil, it really can't hurt unless you have a bad allergic reaction.

theoretically the new hair should not have the same reaction to the DHT that the old hair had. It should be immune so yes you can opt out of finasteride. I would have to due to sides. But technically you will need more touch ups down the line as more hair falls out with no maintenance like finasteride or minoxidil to hold the rest there.

Im in the same boat.

Luckily the docs all said they dont think my hair will ever get to like a full on hogan shiny head and if I cant take the finasteride I should be alright with minimal touch up.
I have a ton of body hair I can hopefully use as densifier down the line, god willing.

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had great results from dermarolling. My crown has filled up really well - I've gone from a NW3V to just about a NW2. There are a good number of people who have also had great results from dermarolling.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the word on derma rolling is that you have to at least have hair in the area for it to do anything. It isn't hair neogenisis it is just promoting growth of miniaturized hairs. It seems to be at least doing a bit for me.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the word on derma rolling is that you have to at least have hair in the area for it to do anything. It isn't hair neogenisis it is just promoting growth of miniaturized hairs. It seems to be at least doing a bit for me.

how does this work, do you have to get a special comb?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G48SR8Y/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Wouldnt this damage or possibly even cut the other existing hairs? Does it cause any shock loss?

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to think average people really don't care about hair.
They don't... only if its happening to them. Actually, I find that guys are more likely to notice baldness in other people than girls, IF they have hairloss issues themselves.

I love that quote about Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek:

Reporter: Surely they would have cured baldness by the 24th century.
Gene Roddenberry: In the 24th century, they wouldn't care.

Dermana

Reaction score

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I just opened a thread which contains information related directly to your questions. Several docs recommended me to use an Alternative to Finasteride (I refuse to use medication for hair loss)
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/71767-Comparing-several-doctors-institutes-help

Yeah look at my post about blood work coming off finasteride. Its not something I can use anymore. I will try anything else but my hormones are way to crazy. Probably why Im such a mental wreck most of the time.

JimmyJones

Banned
Reaction score
I don't believe SMP will fool anyone without at least some hair. I can't take finasteride and I don't believe it's absolutely necessary when having a hair transplant. You would lose your hair with or without finasteride anyway.

May I ask why you don't take finasteride please?

edit: just read why you can't