Hair Transplant where to go in NYC?

ineedhairnow

Reaction score
I've read about it, but I dunno if I've done enough research to spend 8000 on this procedure. I know they need to cut strips off my back of the head and then transplant'em to where I need fills.

Anyone here can recommend me or give info on which place to go to here in NYC?

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I recommend Dr. Shannon Keene (sp?). She is a pro in my hometown of Tucson. Look her up on the web and call her.

I guess she helped pioneer this technique of micrografting- transplants of 1 or two hairs at a time. She makes it an art. She focusses on one patient a day, with a team of 5 or so working on you. I gave some prices in another thread. Try doing a search. I visited her to see what she was about in person, even though I am thankfully far from needing an hair transplant myself. I was impressed by her porfolio- the before and after pics. Wonder if she ever had any unhappy patients. Perhaps you just never know.

Just a recommendation. I'm sure NYC has some top-notch doctors as well.

Good luck. Take some before and after pics for us.

hopewas

Reaction score
Mikey said:
http://www.iahrs.org

Safest place to go when choosing a hair transplant surgeon

Bernstein is supposed to be one of the best in the industry

i looked at that site and actually looked at dr pistone in nj. is he any good? and do they cut a huge chunk from the donor area leaving a big scar like bosley does or do take one ahir at a time? thanks in advance

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
We definitely do not recommend that website for hair transplant referrals as they do *NOT* have a very stringent criteria for whom they promote at all... and the site is run by someone we consider very unethical.

We strongly recommend the hair transplant network for hair transplant referrals. http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com . They have made it their goal to have a very stringent membership policy and guidelines, and their doctors weren't just randomly picked based upon how much money they would spend to appear on the website.

IAHRS practically copied the transplantnetwork list and charged twice as much. Its a money making site, nothing more.

HairLossTalk.com

hopewas

Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com, you do know that that site you just reccommended has a link that tells you to got to the one you say to disregard right?

G

ineedhairnow said:
I've read about it, but I dunno if I've done enough research to spend 8000 on this procedure. I know they need to cut strips off my back of the head and then transplant'em to where I need fills.

Anyone here can recommend me or give info on which place to go to here in NYC?

If you want the best, it doesent matter where you live, you have to be prepared to travel.

The best for strip just now pretty much universally on hairloss forums is Hasson and Wong in Vancouver.

http://www.hassonandwong.com

You need to do a hell of a lot more reasearch as well.

Mikey

Established Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
We definitely do not recommend that website for hair transplant referrals as they do *NOT* have a very stringent criteria for whom they promote at all... and the site is run by someone we consider very unethical.

We strongly recommend the hair transplant network for hair transplant referrals. http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com . They have made it their goal to have a very stringent membership policy and guidelines, and their doctors weren't just randomly picked based upon how much money they would spend to appear on the website.

IAHRS practically copied the transplantnetwork list and charged twice as much. Its a money making site, nothing more.

HairLossTalk.com

Just because you don't like Spencer Kobren making money I really don't think you should tell people that its a money making site and nothing more.

Yea the guy charges all doctors of IAHRS 40,000 dollars to become a member. But if you consider hes had 100's of doctors apply and only accepted like 35 of them, then hes turning down alot more money than hes making from it.

Anyway he may be unethical in your opinnion but money aside, is that site not a good place to find a hairtransplant doctor?