Hair Transplant Doctor For A Uk Resident

delta653

Reaction score
Hello guys
I have decided its time to get a transplant but I've heard a lot of bad things about UK surgeries so was thinking maybe Europe or Canada / US.

Just wondering if anyone can recomend someone to me ?

My hair is quite Long at the minute , would I need to shave this ?

GeminiX

Reaction score
Sadly, most of what you'll read about all UK surgeons being bad is nonsense. Yes, there are some poor surgeons here, but every country in the world has poor surgeons (I've had two procedures in the UK and am about to have a third).

With that being said, there is no harm is broadening your search to any surgeon globally. When you're selecting the right surgeon to perform your procedure, geographic location should be just one of your considerations.

Conversely, long hair is one of the main reasons why I chose the surgeon I did. Not shaving is very high on the list of things I wanted and there are very few surgeons who seem to be able to deliver consistent results when transplanting into long hair.

delta653

Reaction score
Sadly, most of what you'll read about all UK surgeons being bad is nonsense. Yes, there are some poor surgeons here, but every country in the world has poor surgeons (I've had two procedures in the UK and am about to have a third).

With that being said, there is no harm is broadening your search to any surgeon globally. When you're selecting the right surgeon to perform your procedure, geographic location should be just one of your considerations.

Conversely, long hair is one of the main reasons why I chose the surgeon I did. Not shaving is very high on the list of things I wanted and there are very few surgeons who seem to be able to deliver consistent results when transplanting into long hair.

Thanks for your reply guys ... From what I've read etc I really would prefer a fue transplant but maybe I won't be compatible . Do you mind me asking who you used in the uk and what technique you used ? Also how many grafts ?

GeminiX

Reaction score
I had my procedures with Dr. Rogers, he will also be performing my third soon.

All of my procedures have been FIT / strip, for me its the best option. I've had about 5,000 grafts so far and as Dr. Rogers has such high yields and is amongst the best in the world with his technique I get a *lot* of bang for my buck.

Dr. Rogers is very conservative so you won't really get a mega-session with him. You may even require a number of procedures to get the results you want, bear that in mind when making your decision. He very much prefers to give you what he promises and leave you happy rather than over promise and set unrealistic expectations.

It's worth pointing out that I've also responded well to medication which has reduced the number of total grafts I need.

As I'm quite active in the transgender community I get to see more hair transplant patients than most other people. Generally FIT / strip seems to be far more consistent when it comes to great results. A lot of FUE procedures (from any surgeon) seem to end in poor yields and less then brilliant results. Not bad as such, just not a lot for the money.

That being said, many FUE procedures can be superb (have a look at the work Ben who replied earlier had for an example of a fantastic FUE result.); meanwhile feel free to look at my latest pictures for (imho) a good example of FIT. I don't think you would be disappointed with either of the surgeons Ben or I went to :)

delta653

Reaction score

I had my procedures with Dr. Rogers, he will also be performing my third soon.

All of my procedures have been FIT / strip, for me its the best option. I've had about 5,000 grafts so far and as Dr. Rogers has such high yields and is amongst the best in the world with his technique I get a *lot* of bang for my buck.

Dr. Rogers is very conservative so you won't really get a mega-session with him. You may even require a number of procedures to get the results you want, bear that in mind when making your decision. He very much prefers to give you what he promises and leave you happy rather than over promise and set unrealistic expectations.

It's worth pointing out that I've also responded well to medication which has reduced the number of total grafts I need.

As I'm quite active in the transgender community I get to see more hair transplant patients than most other people. Generally FIT / strip seems to be far more consistent when it comes to great results. A lot of FUE procedures (from any surgeon) seem to end in poor yields and less then brilliant results. Not bad as such, just not a lot for the money.

That being said, many FUE procedures can be superb (have a look at the work Ben who replied earlier had for an example of a fantastic FUE result.); meanwhile feel free to look at my latest pictures for (imho) a good example of FIT. I don't think you would be disappointed with either of the surgeons Ben or I went to :)

Did you say you managed to keep your hair long as I would like to but would be willing to shave it if I had to ?

Do you mind if I ask how much your first produre was for ? I really don't mind how many sittings it takes as long as the results are right . I looked at your photos and yours look great

GeminiX

Reaction score
Yes, I have never shaved my hair for a procedure and after having consults with most of names you'll see popping up, only a handful are skilled enough or have a technical team able to confidently and consistently give good results without shaving the area.

With that said, it's still a better idea to shave the area, and it does make the procedure much easier for the team to do the work. You need to consider that long hair will slow down the team and limit how much can be done in a single session even further.

All of that said, I personally think that smaller procedures performed over a few years has many advantages. It allows time to see how areas heal, where grafts are working, where more are needed etc. many factors that are forced to be guess work in single 'mega-sessions'.

Another benefit of smaller sessions is that you don't get to use all your donor hair in one go; even after everything I've had done to date, I still have ample donor for more procedures in the future if needed.

Price wise, my procedures typically cost about £5000 per session, fantastic value when I think about the alternatives; you'll need to have consults with the surgeons you short-list personally for exact prices.

delta653

Reaction score
What is his clinic called ? What made you decide to go to him ? I've got some money saved now and would like to get it done sooner rather than later . I have been on dutasteride and it totally killed my hairline . Do you use a topical treatment ?

GeminiX

Reaction score
Dr. Rogers owns and works from the Westminster Clinic (http://www.westminsterclinic.co.uk/), he works mainly from his Harley Street clinic in London.

I short-listed Dr. Rogers because of recommendations from this very forum, made a list of 5 surgeons and from them decided he was the one for me as he met all the criteria I had.

For me this was:

• Can I meet the surgeon first, and is it his name over the door?
    (Surgeons who put their name on display in their business name have more to lose if things go south.)
  • Do I like them and feel I trust them?
    (If someone is going to be sticking knives into me, I want to meet and trust them first. Many clinics only let you meet some jumped up sales guy who is better suited to selling cars or double glazing.)
  • Can I consistently find 'realistic' examples of their work?
    (Do they have a portfolio? Do they keep photos of their cases for years and show you real results, or do they just cherry pick the best? Cosmetic procedures all have a degree of success for every procedure, it should not be about selling a dream, but about setting realistic expectations.)
  • How easily are they likely to be reached in the event of a problem or if I have concerns?
    (You will have concerns, the first year in particular will be hell and you'll be filled with doubt that it all went wrong (just look at my own posts for examples lol). Who can you call when you're in a panic?.)

I think having a consultation with Dr. Rogers would be a very good idea for you, even if you ultimately decide on a different surgeon. Dr. Rogers won't use a sales pitch, he'll give you straight answers and tell you everything you need to know.

That being said, I also think you should check out some other surgeons too. Even though I've been to Dr. Rogers twice with terrific results, for each procedure (including the one I'm about to have), I still spoke with other clinics. Of course, I would be lying if I didn't say that by now Dr. Rogers is pretty much guaranteed to be doing any future work I want done, but still, it's good to 'shop around'.

I hope this helps, let us know how your progress is going :)