• Yes

Votes: 76 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 111 59.4%

• Total voters

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair loss is already cured if you are willing to deal with significant sides, but yeah, a cure with no/limited sides? maybe 15 years away or something.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ngl it's important every single second you live.

I don’t mind having finally great hair in my late years!
Yeah if I went bald now and a cure came out when I'm 60+ I still likely would try it just to reclaim what's rightfully mine finally.

Numerous_Bet_3027

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can just cite a response I received from a well known stem cell researcher who said:
"There's promising research in this area for sure. It's just note quite there yet. I do expect a real stem cell-related therapy for baldness to be approved in the next 5-10 years. In the mean time unfortunately there are a lot of fakes out there just trying to make money."

Stem cells are also the only real cure that I can imagine at the moment, medication always comes with a price.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not guaranteed to cure your hairloss with HRT/ADT!

True, but your chances are far far higher than standard treatments, of course there was the guy that castrated himself, used estradiol and still had to jump on to bog standard minoxidil to fill in his crown. We have Tsuji as well of course, but that will be a six figure amount of money at first if it ever comes to market.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't believe the number of no votes. People have been beaten down so much they've lost all faith. I actually think it will be closer to five years.

HMI-115 will be out in three years. Tsuji could be out in three years, same with Tissuse. Stemson was ten years away before they even formed Stemson. Loreal hair printing is about 10 years away. We have R-spondin agonists in development. Gene editing is almost ready for prime time. Big things are coming.

Last edited:

fearofthereaper

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't believe the number of no votes. People have been beaten down so much they've lost all faith. I actually think it will be closer to five years.

HMI-115 will be out in three years. Tsuji could be out in three years, same with Tissuse. Stemson was ten years away before they even formed Stemson. Loreal hair printing is about 10 years away. We have R-spondin agonists in development. Gene editing is almost ready for prime time. Big things are coming.
NOO well imo it will be more like 60-70 years. People can never make any predictions you know. But I predict 80 years. I think you're wrong because haha just 5 years bro. So maybe the next generation can have the baldness cure. 90 years is actually pretty optimistic imo, but remember you cant ever make predictions. I predict in two generations or maybe 120 years we can finally leave baldness behind us.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
NOO well imo it will be more like 60-70 years. People can never make any predictions you know. But I predict 80 years. I think you're wrong because haha just 5 years bro. So maybe the next generation can have the baldness cure. 90 years is actually pretty optimistic imo, but remember you cant ever make predictions. I predict in two generations or maybe 120 years we can finally leave baldness behind us.
This is dumb. You're basing your prediction off of nothing but despair. I'm basing mine off of what's currently in development and realistic timelines to bring them to market

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to be optimistic. I think scarring alopecias will take slightly longer to cure. Maybe Tsuji is perfect for that. We would need a way to replenish the scarred over stem cells, which can be done. But another problem is if your immune system freaks out again and scars over the new follicles. I’m not sure how close we are to controlling the immune system to that extent. LPP and fibrosing alopecia aren’t exactly well researched compared to androgenic

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to be optimistic. I think scarring alopecias will take slightly longer to cure. Maybe Tsuji is perfect for that. We would need a way to replenish the scarred over stem cells, which can be done. But another problem is if your immune system freaks out again and scars over the new follicles. I’m not sure how close we are to controlling the immune system to that extent. LPP and fibrosing alopecia aren’t exactly well researched compared to androgenic
I actually meant A.G.A., but yes Tsuji could cure scarring alopecia too. I'm just not going to go out on a limb with that one.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't hold my breath for someone who said he would cure it soon, but then again releases a "Minoxidil +" aka. "Deluxe" lol