Hair Loss = Pillow

Pelao

Reaction score
Hi people, my name is Pelao (a.k.a. Francisco) and I want to write about hairloss.
I suffer from it since a'm 20 (now 26), and I'be been thinking about the real causes of hair loss : (trying to go a little further than the DHT or "it is in your genes" explanation).

1) Why it seems that hairs that are in contact with the pillow for 6 to 8 hours daily don't fall? Friction is a good stimulant for hairs, just look at your underarms or pubic area.

2) Relation between bodyfat percetange, oily skin (acne in puberty), and endomorphs.
5 alpha reductasa lives in the sebum...so there must be link there.

3) related with point nº 2, bacteria living in the sebum causing dandruff. Maybe a natural defensive system to clog follicles, therefore, to maintain bacteria out?

4) erector pili, a little musc that erect follicle making it perpendicular with the skin. maybe is the main factor of having the "tight scalp" condition. Could be associated with not being in contact with the pillow.

5) Shiny scalp....how do you get rid of it? it is the result of clogged follicles?

and finally 6) resting / dead follicles... how long can a follicle be in "stand by" before dying?

As a final thought, i don't think DHT inhibitors are the right path...hairs in the back of the head are JUST the same as the ones in the scalp, doesn't make any sense that there are "special receptors" on top....the only difference is : the angle they have (erector pili) with the skin and pillow friction (wich probably helps to clean sebum).

Just my thoughts towards finding a 100% natural solution to MBP.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Pelao said:
(trying to go a little further than the DHT or "it is in your genes" explanation).
So you think science is wrong?
It's amazing that with so many literature people still deny everything revolves about their genes, follicle DHT sensitivity and their own balls

Pelao

Reaction score
sure, DHT is the problem..
but the "DHT sensitivity" is what i'm against to, in my opinion..DHT overproduction is related to sebum, (5 a reductasa), not to "magical receptors".

in the genes part of the equation....it's the insluin resistance / bodyfat percetage and hormone regulation...that really triggers hair loss ...
in my opinion. not DHT "sensitivity".

Jokerman

Established Member
Reaction score
Pelao said:
sure, DHT is the problem..
but the "DHT sensitivity" is what i'm against to, in my opinion..DHT overproduction is related to sebum, (5 a reductasa), not to "magical receptors".

What?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Is this one of Hoppi's freinds?:smack:

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A a separate related note to pillows and hairloss, my first sign of hairloss start was the massive hairloss on the white sheet pillow in college, over 20 years ago. This was when I knew everyday the problem was starting....

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
This thread is a joke.
:puke:

epictetus

Reaction score
Over 80% of the variance in hair loss is explained by heredity.

What is it about hair loss as a trait that makes people come up with cockamamie explanations that they don't for other traits?

Why don't people concoct environmental theories for, say, jaw shape and size? Maybe Jay Leno chewed too much bubblegum as a teenager? f***.

Pelao

Reaction score
so, nobody thinks that the pillow pressure actually stops the baling process?
changing follicle orientation fo better sebum flow, maybe?

men's short haircuts are responsible for perpendicular follicle orientation on top of the scalp,

@KeepThehair : no comments.

s.a.f

Reaction score
epictetus said:
Over 80% of the variance in hair loss is explained by heredity.

What is it about hair loss as a trait that makes people come up with cockamamie explanations that they don't for other traits?

Why don't people concoct environmental theories for, say, jaw shape and size? Maybe Jay Leno chewed too much bubblegum as a teenager? f*ck.

Exactly if your parents are both 5'2" dont blame your short height on your diet.