Hair loss is progressing I want to try a piece.

FTank

Reaction score
I was thinking of trying coolpiece or hairdirect to start. I have a few questions if anyone might know the answer.

1) Would an oversized pieced or fullcap be best from coolpiece? I am not sure how to make a template for a a fullcap or oversized if I do. I think I could make a template for a topper. The reason I was thinking full cap was I could shave my head and just put the cap on. I am not sure how I would blend the hair on a topper and keep it blended well. Any advice would be appreicated.

2) Will this look pretty realistic do you think? I understand people might know but I would feel better if it looked good and I could keep it looking good. Also how much should I budget on hairpiece expenses for my first year as a newb shopping from coolpiece?

3) How many hairpieces should I buy the first time? If they make the first hairpiece good how could i get them to copy it if i am wearing it.

Okay thanks again for any feedback.

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
I was just reading your message and I as a new hairwearer have a few suggestions. If you are experiencing significant hair loss at the sides and back, you might want to consider getting a full cap that way you dont have blending issues,otherwise just get a topper and save you the money and get a good hairstylist to cut your new hair into the existing hair,in my opinion this looks the best from all the pics i have seen from several hair wearers on the internet.
If all goes well with your new hair system, cut and styled, i wouldnt suggest you getting it duplicated right away, you never know where your hair loss is going to stop and after a few months when your hair piece loses its luster you might want a new hair style. I hope this helps,
just a few things to consider.

FTank

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I still have not decided whether to wear or not but I might try what you are suggesting. I have some insecurity to deal with.

cuebald

Reaction score
It really that bad now? I saw your post from early 2008 and you looked like a diffuse NW1 - nothing a little Toppik (and finasteride) couldn't handle.

FTank

Reaction score
I am thinking of using toppik for awhile. I can't handle finasteride or rogaine side effects so my hair it going to go in time, I just don't know how long the process takes. I am not a norwood one as my hairline has receded a good bit. I don't know what norwood my hairline is now but it gets harder the further it recedes.

I tried shaving my head but I don't like it that way. So I was curious if I might be happier with a system. I thought if I switched soon, within the next year, that no one would notice. Maybe I should wait... I am not sure.

Thanks for the feedback.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Go to Toplace or JA.

cuebald

Reaction score
I don't wear so I can't say too much about pieces mind.

But it does actually sound like a good idea to wear now rather than later.
That way then you won't suddenly go from balding NW5 to a full head of hair overnight. Never looked at it that way before.

CCS

Reaction score
If you want a full cap, go with straight hair. I ordered wavy hair and coolpiece messed it up big time. Each row alternately waved a different direction like a cheap wig. When I tried to force them forwards, they curled flat along the scalp and then pointed up. Looked like a dead raccoon. Never ordering from them again. Straight hair can't be messed up as bad.