Hair loss cure is coming in 2020 they said

not_bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1980: finasteride + minoxidil + impotence

2020: finasteride + minoxidil + impotence + estrogen + gender change

#progress

You guys should read up on autoimmune and how the brain works. Or maybe take a look on the head’s nerves and veins. If you think you’re gonna regrow hair or clone themyou are nuts. There is a reason no one knows why we lose hair and it’s 2020.

Shave it, own it.

Ghc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why were people so much more optimistic in 2016 than 2020. if science improves every year we should now be closer to the cure than in 2016, but it feels like we are further.

not_bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In 1980 there was no Finasteride and Minoxidil was an off-label hypertension drug prescribed to a few people. If you can't even get those simple facts correct why should we listen to your pathetic whining?
<ignored>

I’m not whining, I’m laughing

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why were people so much more optimistic in 2016 than 2020. if science improves every year we should now be closer to the cure than in 2016, but it feels like we are further.
It's because people were delusional about the stage we really were back in 2016. Since nothing ended up materializing since then (since ever) and the more recent Tsuji/Organ crash and burn gave us a pretty rough reality check.

Nothing new really, we have been operating in cycles of optimism and depression in these forums for decades. With the constant that not a single promise ever delivered.

If Stemson continue to have (apparent) momentum we may get into the optimism part of the cycle again.

not_bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's because people were delusional about the stage we really were back in 2016. Since nothing ended up materializing since then (since ever) and the more recent Tsuji/Organ crash and burn gave us a pretty rough reality check.

Nothing new really, we have been operating in cycles of optimism and depression in these forums for decades. With the constant that not a single promise ever delivered.

If Stemson continue to have (apparent) momentum we may get into the optimism part of the cycle again.

Bro just look up nerves in the face and head. Don’t even go to neck. Look them up and then do a small search on what they can cause with muscle spasms / posture alone. Don’t even look up whiplash injury for neck. The point I try to make is the human body is insane. Absolutely insane. Google autoimmune disease list based on our immune system balance. People to this day think “enhance immune system” and we Gucci. It isn’t like that... you need BALANCE, not buffing. Check thyroid problems. No one can find cure there and the thyroid is like the PSU of your PC. You really think anyone can find hair loss cure? No one even knows how it occurs. You hear “gene from pops”, where is it? DHT is present in all scalps. It isn’t the cause, it’s just impacting negatively in hair loss people for whatever reason. For 40 years science has found accidentally one fix and that’s to tank this hormone in order to delay baldness. 40 years. Accidental. You tell me now someone is gonna find way to grow an entire scalp? Who would ever buy the Tsuji meme except for incels here? Nothing will ever happen. It took people 40 years to lower the transplant punch a few millimeters and even they know that without antiandrogens it’s a waste of money because hair will just fall out. I don’t understand why science doesn’t just invest more in wig tech. Wigs are a thing, they provide u with any type of hair you want but the downside is the tech. Slathering cancerous glue all over or using cheap tape? Cmon... there is definitely future in wigs. New smart base, better knots or brand new methods, non-allergic ways of applying. It could also go super expensive too. Imagine wigs that don’t need tape or glue, go completely undetected to touch, blend in with your hair perfectly, don’t tangle in shower, but need frequent change (so say, 4 wigs / month). I would go for it. Perfect hair exactly how I want them, can dye them, no sweat. What the f*ck is an impotence topical drug gonna change for me? Once upon a time, fake hair implants was a thing but it was such a fail. Perhaps it’s the way to go though. Real hair ISNT GONNA GROW back for f*ck sake, ever. Real, fake, who cares. The end result counts.

Trim the damn thing or give new options.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
but they are doomed to fail anyway, there is no chance to make dht-resistant hair from blood, in two years we should know if there will be any of this, I'm afraid that I, with my type of baldness, will not qualify for tests on people in the UK :(
Why is that?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my hairline does not recede, but it is balding in a typical way for women, from the center of the head
No reason to believe the Stemson procedure (if it works) won't save you.

Also, your pattern of hair loss makes you a good candidate for fina+minoxidil - are you under any treatment?

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro just look up nerves in the face and head. Don’t even go to neck. Look them up and then do a small search on what they can cause with muscle spasms / posture alone. Don’t even look up whiplash injury for neck. The point I try to make is the human body is insane. Absolutely insane. Google autoimmune disease list based on our immune system balance. People to this day think “enhance immune system” and we Gucci. It isn’t like that... you need BALANCE, not buffing. Check thyroid problems. No one can find cure there and the thyroid is like the PSU of your PC. You really think anyone can find hair loss cure? No one even knows how it occurs. You hear “gene from pops”, where is it? DHT is present in all scalps. It isn’t the cause, it’s just impacting negatively in hair loss people for whatever reason. For 40 years science has found accidentally one fix and that’s to tank this hormone in order to delay baldness. 40 years. Accidental. You tell me now someone is gonna find way to grow an entire scalp? Who would ever buy the Tsuji meme except for incels here? Nothing will ever happen. It took people 40 years to lower the transplant punch a few millimeters and even they know that without antiandrogens it’s a waste of money because hair will just fall out. I don’t understand why science doesn’t just invest more in wig tech. Wigs are a thing, they provide u with any type of hair you want but the downside is the tech. Slathering cancerous glue all over or using cheap tape? Cmon... there is definitely future in wigs. New smart base, better knots or brand new methods, non-allergic ways of applying. It could also go super expensive too. Imagine wigs that don’t need tape or glue, go completely undetected to touch, blend in with your hair perfectly, don’t tangle in shower, but need frequent change (so say, 4 wigs / month). I would go for it. Perfect hair exactly how I want them, can dye them, no sweat. What the f*ck is an impotence topical drug gonna change for me? Once upon a time, fake hair implants was a thing but it was such a fail. Perhaps it’s the way to go though. Real hair ISNT GONNA GROW back for f*ck sake, ever. Real, fake, who cares. The end result counts.

Trim the damn thing or give new options.

As much as I wanted to read this and be mad at you. I cant even be mad at you lol. Damn.

As much as I love my hair which is Diffuse w Full hairline... Long like Jesus's hair... I also believe that to gain enlightment in life one must detach from ego and world things etc... that post just made me realize a lot... f*** its hard to swollow that pill.... but u aint lying.

Im still gunna do everything I can (non-Hormonal) and try all the new stuff like WNT signalling etc, but damn youre right. Accepting the situation is key.

Ps. I read ppl asking why Asians have the least baldies... well its pretty simple... they have the smallest packages.... aka less DHT from the get go, aka less sexual development etc.... plus they pound soy from childhood into adulthood....

Last edited:

Poppyburner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Or maybe take a look on the head’s nerves and veins.

May, 1996:

'We postulate that because of the underlying anatomy, there is a relative microvascular insufficiency to regions of the scalp that lose hair in male pattern baldness and that is associated with local tissue hypoxia [deprivation of oxygen] in those regions. The vascular supply of the scalp is derived from branches of the internal carotid artery and branches of the external carotid artery. The frontal region of the scalp, which loses hair in male pattern baldness, is supplied by the supraorbital and the supratrochlear arteries. These are relatively small branches of the internal carotid artery system. The temporal [sides] and occipital [back of head] regions of the scalp, which do not lose hair in male pattern baldness, are supplied by larger branches of the external carotid artery. Specifically, these are the superficial temporal, posterior auricular, and occipital arteries. Further, the frontal and vertex regions of the scalp overlie the galea aponeurotica, which is relatively avascular. The temporal and occipital regions of the scalp overlie the temporalis and occipitalis muscles, which provide a rich network of musculocutaneous perforator blood vessels. These anatomic differences contribute to the tenuous nature of the dermal blood supply to the frontal and crown regions of the scalp.'

lightbox_92b8a240516211ea82eaaf013b14f046-Figure-1.png

Frederick Hoelzel, Chicago, 1942:

'To the Editor:— Some questions concerning baldness which were raised by Dr. Ballenger's comments in The Journal, June 27, may be answered by observations which I made while serving as technician in gross anatomy at the College of Medicine of the University of Illinois (1916-1917). I then had occasion to remove the brains of about 80 cadavers for separate use in the neurology classes and incidentally noted a seemingly obvious relation between the blood (vessel) supply to the scalp and the quantity of hair. Baldness occurred in persons in whom calcification of the skull bones apparently had not only firmly knitted the cranial sutures but also closed or narrowed various small foramens [A natural hole in a bone for the passage of a nerve, artery or a vein or other anatomical structure.] through which blood vessels pass, most prominently in persons with a luxuriant crop of hair. These blood vessels are mainly veins which normally communicate with the diploic veins in the spongy tissue of the skull bones but which are evidently pinched off by calcification of the foraments.
Various stages of this process of impairing the blood circulation of the scalp could be observed.
This, then, not only explains why baldness occurs but also why men are more likely to become bald than women, since bone growth or calcification is generally greater in males than in females.
Obviously "hair tonics" or vitamins are not likely to restore a blood circulation through what has practically become "solid ivory".'

''Our in vitro investigations revealed that exogenous testosterone and DHT treatment both had striking effects on the induction of VSMC [vascular smooth muscle cells] calcification.'

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4837411/

'The team also looked at blood vessel and valve tissue from people with heart disease who had undergone surgery for their condition. They found that cells from these tissues contained bone-like deposits and also carried the testosterone receptor on their surface.
This suggests that testosterone may trigger calcification in people.'

tree-cartoon-heart-flower-silhouette.jpg

Last edited: