hair 101

Goingat20

Reaction score
I have a friend at the gym who thinks his hair is 'regrowing'. He is using this crap called hair 101. Anyone heard anything about it http://www.101.com.au

(This is just a question please dont go using there products, its probably bullshit... Just seeing if anyone has heard of it)

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some of those photos dont look so good. Whats in it and how does it work? You are probably right. That looks like bullshit.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know how good they're stuff is or if it works.

BUt about 5 or 6 months ago that asian Doctor came to my uni to give a lecture about hairloss, and although it wasn't very well advertised or promoted, it was packed and he got a really good reply from the audience.

He is the founder of 101 in China and has a lot of success stoires and is a real hero in his country.

They're stuff is available from health stores and stuff as well apparently as its all natural etc etc.

It may be bullshit and I don't plan on trying it - but some people are convinced it works.

Goingat20

Reaction score
Yeh apparently he is a hero in asian countries and he has been in newspapers etc. I think the ingredients are all asian products. Not to sure, i would love to hear if anyone has ever used any of these products.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I haven't read any clinical data on the "Qi Bao Mei Ran Dan" herb as used to fight male pattern baldness, so it is hard for me to comment.

However, the website vaguely describes the mechanism the chemical uses to fight male pattern baldness as being "So, 101 works by dramatically boosting the blood flow and hence also the amount of nutrients to the starving hair roots". This mechanism as a method of fighting male pattern baldness sounds VERY questionable to me, as anyone with basic knowledge of biology will tell you that the tissue of the head and scalp is AWASH in blood and nutrients. That's why even minor shaving cuts always bleed forever, wheras a gash on the knee drips a for a few minutes then coagulates quickly.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Goingat20 said:
I have a friend at the gym who thinks his hair is 'regrowing'. He is using this crap called hair 101. Anyone heard anything about it http://www.101.com.au

(This is just a question please dont go using there products, its probably bullshit... Just seeing if anyone has heard of it)

The cost alone is enough too turn me off - (unless this stuff turns out to be THE miracle cure :)

Your first order needed:

2 bottles of 101 Hair Tonic (AUD$65.45 per bottle), apply 2-3 times a day.
1 bottle of 101 Hair & Scalp Tonic (101 Hair Loss Prevention Tonic) (AUD$57.75 per bottle), apply twice a day.
1 bottle of 101 Hair Formula (AUD$24.95 per bottle), take two tablets per day.
1 bottle of 101 Shampoo (AUD$19.95 per bottle), apply every 2-3 days.
a Small Tan Wood Comb(AUD$5.00 each) to be put in your pocket and use regularly during the day.
a Large Tan Wood Comb(AUD$10 each) which you can use in the bathroom - comb your hair for five minutes each night.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This looks like the Fabao 101 product line repackaged. There is no evidence that this stuff works, it has been around for years. If it worked, there would be publications in peer reviewed journals by now.

G

Testimonials of 101 hair loss treatment
"Losing hair has been a universal problem for centuries. In this field, 101 has proven definitely a ray of hope in the sea of despair. Have been using it (101) for a few weeks with surprisingly very encouraging results."
- Dr. R.C.M. Victoria, Australia, 1st December, 1998.
"...it is brilliant. My hair has stopped falling out and new hair is growing."
- Mr. Peter Andonov, aged 43 of Deer Park, Victoria, Australia, 1997.
"...I am having very good results."
- J.H., Mentone, Victoria, Australia, 1993.

just look at these years...enough for everyone...

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Rule Number 1 in Hair Loss Club:

Testimonials don't mean jack sh*t.

Rule Number 2 in Hair Loss Club:

If there is no clinical data, it goes into the pile of "unknown" treatments, no matter WTF the marketer says on the web site about it.

Rule Number 3 in Hair Loss Club:

Pretty much anything with a "101" on it is akin to Fabao 101 which is one of the longest standing products recognized as ineffective in most hair loss circles.

HairLossTalk.com

Petchsky

Reaction score
From the new radical treatment for hairloss 'pissshitandsick'

" Been using pissshitandsick for 6 months now with definate regrowth. I got used to the smell and love applying two times a day"

(Mr makebelieve, Atlanta, USA, 2007)

Hey, anybody heard of this stuff? :D

rockandroll

Reaction score
It's not only that the whole thing has no evidence, but up to this day I can't believe that some people think that all herbal medicine is safe and "Western" medicine is bad. I'll prove my point one day according to this site's requirement of scientific evidence: all it takes is one retard to go out into a forest/jungle/etc. and start eating every herb they come across. If they don't get severly sick within a few days, either they're Rambo or a cow disguised in a man's outfit will be fooling us.

rockandroll

Reaction score
Wow...echinacea and ketoconazole should not be used together....good call. This is a great list. Thanks!

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting.. I have been using this formula for 3 weeks and the results have been phenomenal.. completely stopped my shedding, and already seeing evidence of increased thickness. I went to the clinic that distributes them in Australia and saw their trichologist. She didn't do a hard sell on my at all..I chose to purchase the at home system and very glad i did, the products work. The tonic is long lasting, and the cost is minimal compared to other places. The clinic also has 'in clinic' treatments that give faster results. I did a fair bit of research and discovered that the products have been put through independent studies and shown to increase hair growth for most.. a minor proportion of people saw no further loss (but no regrowth), and a smaller proportion still saw no change. There have been no reported side effects ever.. All I can say, is that in my experience. the results have thus far been very good.

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah.. actually didn't read any posts about it on this thread until after starting.. but so far, it has been the only thing that has given positive results and in a pretty short time. There is an interesting video online that the clinic did as part of a seminar series that outlines their treatments
(takes a while before the audio starts) - it takes about 6 months to see a difference, but with close up images, it's possible to see results in as little as two - four months, and sorter in some cases.. Just depends. I totally understand the scepticism on this forum however, it has really worked for me ... and no side effects. I was on pharmaceutical medication before this, had horrible side effects, and really regret not finding this place sooner..