Gyno

trsisko

Reaction score
I feel like my breast and nipple are more prominent, but i have become a little over my weight prior to taking propecia.

However, I am wondering how to deal with some gyno (it may be my imagination)

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
1. 20 minutes of cardio every day. Jogging/biking/swimming/etc.
2. Drink more water
3. Cut back on 2 things that you normally would eat everyday. Maybe that desert, or beer you normally would have. Or just eating smaller portions for two of your meals.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely none of the above will help to prevent or improve a case of gyno.

Gynecomastia needs a lot of hormonal changes in the body to develop, the kind of changes propecia brings.

Once it's there trsisko, you're screwed, you must go through surgery to remove it.

No amount of diet, exercise, or water will help.

Source: myself, here's my gyno surgery topic: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/13/my-surgery-my-before-and-after-pictures/

The man said he gained weight. To me this says he is just developing some normal fat distribution in the chest. Look at sumo wrestlers. Or any guy that has a belly and you will see he has some fat in his chest. Believe it or not Fred the incidence of Gyno on finasteride is the same as the placebo. Men get gyno whether or not they are taking finasteride. I don't believe the drug causes it despite popular fear mongering online. I don't see how your story is relevant since you didn't get gyno from propecia, but rather another drug that causes it.

Also the guy said he might be imagining it. I wouldn't deduce it to gyno given the fact that he gained weight and is being paranoid. That is why I recommended the above things to help him lose weight. If he loses weight the fat in the breasts should go too. If it is truly gyno it would become more obvious that it is if he does the above regimen. Maybe he should quit the drug for a while and then lose weight and see if it goes away just to be safe. But I wouldn't say his imaginary gyno is as a result of finasteride yet.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like my breast and nipple are more prominent, but i have become a little over my weight prior to taking propecia.

However, I am wondering how to deal with some gyno (it may be my imagination)

Fred is right though, if you do have the start of gyno you would want to quit taking finasteride right away! I'm just not 100% convinced that you just aren't being paranoid from the horror stories online. Do what you gotta do. I would recommend quitting and exercising if you are worried and then maybe restart and keep a close eye on changes to that area.

qwerty6000

Reaction score
I've been on Proscar 1mg or 1.25mg (depending on if I get the first cut right) every day for the past 2 months. No side effects what so ever, still able to have sex, ejaculation volume, viscosity all the same etc.

However today I noticed a lump, around pea sized under my right nipple on the edge around the '9 o'clock position' I guess I'd say. :(

This was definitely not there last night, or at least it didn't hurt when pressed, I am definitely not imagining it it is there.

Is it normal for this (Gyno I assume) to appear so quickly?

I really don't want to stop taking finasteride, I'm worried if I go to my GP he'll make a note and I won't be able to be prescribed it again or something... He didn't seem like he knew about finasteride too much, I just said "I want Proscar for hairloss" and he said "ok", I didn't bother getting any blood tests done for my hormone levels which I wish I did now so that I could compare..

I can't think of anything else it could be, I used to lift weights when I was younger (I'm 22 now) and had a solid chest, chest is still athletic now just not as firm, I'm 5',11" 65-70kgs and never been overweight.. I currently do no exercise, but I eat pretty healthy, although drink quite a lot of alcohol..

I don't know whether to lower my dosage to 0.5mg (I know 0.5mg block about the same DHT as 1mg, so pointless probably), stop completely, it doesn't sound like it will just go away and if I'm going to stop it would be best to do it now.

I see there are other Drugs (Tamoxifen etc.) Maybe I could just continue with finasteride every other day and use one of those estrogen inhibitors.

F*ck I don't know, why is this so damn hard, can't bloody win. Sorry if my post is all over the place, I was just starting to feel really good about my regime.

trsisko

Reaction score
Definite weight gain, maybe Gyno which would be the only side effect. May just be lack of exercise more than anything as i used to work out everyday and no once a week!

trsisko

Reaction score
Defo some weight gain in general and including the breast area! Anyone know how to beat this as its the only side effect!

longshothero74

Reaction score
Are you feeling any pain? I've got pain in my nipples after about a week of taking propecia, but I'm not sure if it is from me aggravating it on my own from me testing non stop, or if it is because of the propecia.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Absolutely none of the above will help to prevent or improve a case of gyno.

Gynecomastia needs a lot of hormonal changes in the body to develop, the kind of changes propecia brings.

Once it's there trsisko, you're screwed, you must go through surgery to remove it.

No amount of diet, exercise, or water will help.

Source: myself, here's my gyno surgery topic: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/13/my-surgery-my-before-and-after-pictures/
Are you still taking propecia?