GuitarGuy503's Story

GuitarGuy503

Reaction score
Dry Eyebrows And Eyebrow Loss....

To start things off I am 19 years old and I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Just recently about 7 months ago I graduated from highschool and was doing great. Shortly after graduating highschool I moved in with my dad again because I wasn't getting along with my mom and my step dad and there seemed to always be alot of tension. During the first month I lived with my dad I decided to stop taking my Paxil CR meds for depression when I wasn't supposed to suddenly stop taking it. Well I messed up and took myself off it anyways. As a result I became more depressed and anxious and needless to say I had other family problems going on at the same time adding more stress to my life. After a month or so living at my dads and staying couped up in the house (I dont drive), I started to notice a significant amount of eyebrow loss and eyebrow dryness after showers and really got myself worked up over it. Some nights I cried myself asleep because I just couldn't believe it was happening to me. During a 2 month period while I was having pretty bad eyebrow loss I stayed home because I was embarrassed about my eyebrow loss and didnt wanna be seen. I even refused to go out to dinner with my dad a few times because the eyebrow loss got me down so much. I very much value my appearance so it is very difficult for me to show my face in public without feeling ashamed and embarrassed. I contacted my doctor and he agreed to see me once reguardless of me not having insurance anymore (health insurance for me expired in sept of this year) and he recommended some things I could do for the dryness and said not to worry about it. Well its been about 3 months now since I saw him and the dryness has gotten worse and I'm still experiencing eyebrow loss. I can't go to my doctor right now because he said he really can't look into my situation any further until I get some insurance because he would have to run some tests. I am currently looking into getting some health insurance coverage and am interested in opinions on my situation. Perhaps even interact with someone whos possibly been experiencing the same I have or perhaps has already been through what I'm going through. Can anyone provide me with any info on this and help me out? Whats wrong with me? :(

GuitarGuy503

Reaction score
Info I'd Like To Add To Original Post....

During the time I've lived with my dad my eating habits have gotten worse and I have been staying up late every night. Staying up late every night until 12am-6am has also caused me to miss breakfast, and other meals because of me sleeping through that time.I also havent been drinking any water like I should. I've considered the fact that I may not be getting the nutrients my body needs which may be the cause of my eyebrow loss. I am currently turning my life around, eat right, and get to bed earlier as well. I am also on alot of vitamins because I understand that they will help me out significately. Anyway theres a little background on me. Any info you can offer me reguarding my situation would be great. Thanks.

KevinW

Established Member
Reaction score
Try eating healthier and get exercise (just a bit a walking is a good start). Force yourself to keep a regular schedule. I had depression/anxiety when I was about your age (I'm 23 now) and I would stay up all night because I didn't want to face the day. It worked-- I slept through my classes in college and just got worse. It sounds like you are starting on the right track. Seriously think about exercise... it's really hard to fall asleep when your muscles haven't had to work. It will just make you feel better too.

HondaCBR600RR

Reaction score
@GuitarGuy503

Looks like you have a lot of issues. Try to enjoy your life more.
Listen to good music like The Sisters Of Mercy, The Mission, Spear Of Destiny, New Model Army. Go to Alternative clubs, meet interesting(clever) people. Get drunk. Stop being a pussy.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HondaCBR600RR said:
@GuitarGuy503

Stop being a pussy.

You know, as harsh as it sounds, I am a big fan of "tough love" statements like this. Yeah, you may have problems but guess what? Everyone does. If you sit there and perpetuate them with self-loathing and doubt they will only grow and multiply. Get pissed at yourself and hit the gym. Run some. Take the comfort out of your life. You will be suprised at how mundane everything else looks after about mile 4 of running on some soft sand at the beach (sorry, my Navy days are kicking back in). You know what I am saying. You don't have to be a muscle head or anything, just take some pride in yourself because, brother if you don't love yourself noone else will.

Best of luck to you.