gruckiii's Story

gruckiii

Reaction score
Hello all. I am 24 and I have been very agrivated with my thining hair for the last ~5 years. I wish I had started to do something sooner, but it is not too late I hope.

Here is my present hairline.
Hairline.jpg

It is receeding and thining on the top. From what I have read I am going through clasical male pattern baldness. I feel that this is holding me back in some areas and I need to do something about it. A 24 year old guy should not be going bald IMO. I am sure that does not impress the ladies none too much.

Anyways, from reading here and other places, I have decided to start treatment and to see a doctor. I hope I can get proscar to split into 4's for a DHT inhibitor and buy over the counter generic monoxidil.

*edit* Oh yes, and I think i may need a shampoo for a while too because my head does itch where the hair is starting to thin..

Wish me luck and healthier hair folicles.

-gruckiii

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Gruckii: It's never too late. You've lost a substantial amount but who knows, you may be one of those responders that has lots of regrowth. Best of luck man.

Kramer.

gruckiii

Reaction score
Keep in mind thats cut at like a number 3 blade on the clipers.
It may not be aparent, but there are a lot of hair folocils still alive there, but it is aparent they are growing back in thiner and lighter each cycle. I bet if I wait another 5 years and I would have been going for the Mr. Clean look.

Yes, I am hopeing good things do happen to good people. I am however jealous of some of my friends.. who have a lot of hair still. I feel like I look like an old guy when i am out.