Green tea

Danny2

Reaction score
Green tea helps in burn fat and boosts metabolism. The recent study reported that 3 – 5 cups of green tea per day can help you burn more than 70 calories per day, which amounts to 7 pounds per year.

Reaction score
Danny2 said:
Green tea helps in burn fat and boosts metabolism. The recent study reported that 3 – 5 cups of green tea per day can help you burn more than 70 calories per day, which amounts to 7 pounds per year.

Can't agree more. As a forewarn, let me remind you that since it is a booming business, a lot of people may take advantage. Just like what is happening today in the local market, a lot of stores sell green teas which are heavily laden with artificial additives.

CCS

Reaction score
Harison said:
Most productive thing of green tea is burn calories and boost the metabolism. These things are very help full in weight loss and get slim body.

Yes, but the CRON diet suggests that a higher metabolism means you don't live as long. It is probably better to just not eat so much and go get some exercise.

Reaction score
CCS said:
Harison said:
Most productive thing of green tea is burn calories and boost the metabolism. These things are very help full in weight loss and get slim body.

Yes, but the CRON diet suggests that a higher metabolism means you don't live as long. It is probably better to just not eat so much and go get some exercise.

Were any clinical studies made and is this contention already proven beyond doubt? :)

K

Kirby

Doesn't green tea seriously raise DHT levels, or has that information been debunked?

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
I love green tea. I have been drinking it for at least the past 10 years.

The only negative of it is that it stains my teeth a little bit.

I have read so much conflicting information on green tea and hair loss online that I have no idea what to think any more.

Some places say it aids hair, some say it increases DHT, some say it can cause bladder trouble, others say it helps with that... the internet is a minefield!

I just wish the caffeine free version was easier to come by in local shops, then I could drink it after 2pm (I get way too wired from caffeine and green tea seems to make me even more wired!)

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
It's hard to find a proper answer. Some places say it reduces it, some say it increases it.

People in Eastern Asia have drank it for centuries, and they don't seem to suffer as much hair loss as us in the West (or apparently never until recent times?).

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
wstef said:
It's hard to find a proper answer. Some places say it reduces it, some say it increases it.

People in Eastern Asia have drank it for centuries, and they don't seem to suffer as much hair loss as us in the West (or apparently never until recent times?).

True, but that shouldn't mean anything. They're just less responsive to DHT, hereditary.

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
I asked the doctors on BaldingBlog about the green tea, here you see their reaction, although it's quite an evasive answer. I guess if even they don't think it's harmful for the DHT levels in one's blood, it's safe to drink. The health benefits outweigh the negligible chance it might contribute to our hair loss.

I guess btw that all anti-oxidants contribute to an anti-aging lifestyle and frankly, going bald is a part of aging, as is getting wrinkles etc. So it that way, healthy food might even be good.

CCS

Reaction score
roseofthenorth said:
CCS said:
Harison said:

Were any clinical studies made and is this contention already proven beyond doubt? :)

The CRON diet made mice and monkeys live longer. It also immediately improves health markers in the blood. The problem is losing fat too fast can release many toxins too fast. The change must be done gradually. The thinner physique may not look good, but it does tell your body to leave reproduction mode and go into survival mode until conditions become more favorable for reproduction later. Some people don't want to live like that, but they age faster as a result.

CCS

Reaction score
filpa said:
Green tea can even help prevent tooth decay! Just as its bacteria-destroying abilities can help prevent food poisoning, it can also kill the bacteria that causes dental plaque. Meanwhile, skin preparations containing green tea - from deodorants to creams - are starting to appear on the market.
maybe it is the fluoride in it.

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
...but it stains your teeth though!

I have to keep getting mine polished because I drink a lot of green tea. Grr!

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah want a new weight loss product stick a bunch of crap together and just stick some cheap green tea in it. No shortage of stuff with green tea in it but again probably minimal effect when taken in normal amounts.

vjykmr89

Reaction score
Green tea is a great supplement to any diet, it contains caffeine, caffeine utilizes fat cells for energy, which means it's a great fat burner. It also contains lots of anti-oxidants which will stregthen your immune system. I drink about 2 cups a day but I don't use any sugar. If you like your tea sweet use splenda, that way it's 0 calories.

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
Green tea is a great supplement to any diet, it contains caffeine, caffeine utilizes fat cells for energy, which means it's a great fat burner. It also contains lots of anti-oxidants which will stregthen your immune system. I drink about 2 cups a day but I don't use any sugar. If you like your tea sweet use splenda, that way it's 0 calories.

The crap in sweeteners isn't that great for you.

I use honey if I want to sweeten it. I know it's just bee s**t and mainly sugar, but sugar isn't as bad for people as we're led to believe... just too much is (especially the processed stuff).

I think I drink too much green tea, so I'm going to try and cut back. Too much can cause bladder issues, apparently. I genuinely think I am addicted!

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a cup of green tea before the gym today and I worked out so much harder than I normally would.

I tend to go a bit mental on green tea to be fair; I know the caffeine isn't as strong as some other drinks but it gets me all the time/

SimonGar

Reaction score
How about those green teas with flavors that some brands have? Like green tea with citrus, or with orange, or with yasmin etc. These are more sweet than the plain one.