Great results on the big 3 after only 3 months!

derptyderptyderp

Reaction score
Currently using the big 3:

Nizoral every other day, i rinse and repeat in the shower and try to leave it in for at least 5 minutes.

Propecia- 1mg, I went to a walk in clinic and the Doctor there prescribed me Proscar and told me to chop it into 4 pieces which equates to 1.25mg of finasteride per day. On a side note, I got the generic stuff, an ENTIRE YEARS SUPPLY FOR $31!!!!

Rogaine- Morning and night, mostly at the temples and frontal areas, sometimes on the crown.

I think the pics speak for themselves... after only 3 months I'm very impressed and excited to see my results after a year!

My advice, do not hesitate to get on the regimen, the sooner the better.

Attachments

• day 1-1.jpg
    day 1-1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 2,994
  • Day 1-2.jpg
    Day 1-2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 2,992
  • phpUcsksLPM.jpg
    phpUcsksLPM.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 2,744
  • 3 mnths 1.jpg
    3 mnths 1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 2,746
  • 3 mnths 2.jpg
    3 mnths 2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 3,791
  • 3 mnths 3.jpg
    3 mnths 3.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 2,849

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
badass results. only 3 months that is insane. by year 1-2 I suspect you'll be looking golden. congrats

derptyderptyderp

Reaction score
Thanks guys, yeah I started to see results after about the 2nd month and my buddy at work accused me of dying my hair darker in front LOL

For the rogaine I'm currently using the liquid but im about to switch to the foam shortly.

I'll be 25 this month, I wish I would have started sooner lol

PileOn

Established Member
Reaction score
Great results man. I just wonder if it's Finasteride or Minoxidil or a combination of both that is making it successful.

mann02

Established Member
Reaction score
Are we the same?check my story but mines worst I know but almost same pattern of baldness?

JWM

Reaction score
The quick results are likely due to the minoxidil. Let's hope the finasteride keeps 'em for a long time! :)

derptyderptyderp

Reaction score
Yeah the minoxidil seems to be working wonders even though on occasion I might skip a day. Im switching to the foam tommorow which should be less of a hassle to apply. I do feel like the finasteride is definitely helping to though.

Hey Mann02 it does look like we are similar. I think you are a little worse in the crown area though. Unfortunatly since you have darker hair its more noticable.

I recently bought some Revita hair growth shampoo on Amazon, has anyone used it and if so how were the results? Also, how does it compare with just plain old Nizoral? I know they both have Ketoconazole in them.

derptyderptyderp

Reaction score
My grandpa on my moms side was very bald. My fathers hairline is just like mine in the front but he never went completely bald, he just has a very receded hairline and some thinning. One of my brothers is starting to go bald, he is about 20 years older than me though.

My results took about 3 months.

As of today I took my first dose (1.25mg) of generic finasteride. I also switched to rogaine foam because I heard it works better. Honestly I dont like the foam, it doesnt feel like it is truly penetrating through my hair and getting to the scalp. It also seems more difficult to measure. I think after this 3 month supply Im going to switch back to the liquid.

andy_mac

Reaction score
Hey buddy, congrats! Thanks for sharing the story. Keep us updated.

Have you had any side effects?

derptyderptyderp

Reaction score
Yeah I see alot of people look at this thread and other threads on a daily basis but very few people actually post. What that tells me is that there are alot of guys (and girls) who might be in a similar situation like me but not sure what steps they should take first. Therefore, I will do my best to keep this thread updated w/ new pics every few months or so.

As far as side affects, I have had none from the finasteride whatsoever. Actually, I feel hornier now then I did before starting...maybe you could consider that a side effect. The first time I ever took minoxidil (cheap bootleg rogaine from the phillipines) I almost passed out. On the real rogaine I havent felt any effects.

Mann02 - I see your pics in the threads you posted but I cant find any other pics. I have a tough time navigating this website, where exactly can I see pics of your progress???

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's about how my hair looks (in your old pics), except for the recession on the temples. Though I've developed a spot all across my crown in the past couple years. I've got an appointment for the dermatologist in two weeks to hopefully get my prescription for finasteride. I wish I could get in sooner!

Man to look at you now I wouldn't think you had any thinning or balding, in fact if I passed you on the street it would piss me off thinking there's another guy who's got his hair! haha

You should grow it out now, I'm sure it would look pretty good!

mann02

Established Member
Reaction score
derptyderptyderp said:
Yeah I see alot of people look at this thread and other threads on a daily basis but very few people actually post. What that tells me is that there are alot of guys (and girls) who might be in a similar situation like me but not sure what steps they should take first. Therefore, I will do my best to keep this thread updated w/ new pics every few months or so.

As far as side affects, I have had none from the finasteride whatsoever. Actually, I feel hornier now then I did before starting...maybe you could consider that a side effect. The first time I ever took minoxidil (cheap bootleg rogaine from the phillipines) I almost passed out. On the real rogaine I havent felt any effects.

Mann02 - I see your pics in the threads you posted but I cant find any other pics. I have a tough time navigating this website, where exactly can I see pics of your progress???

Check my story..please andd advice :) thank u

derptyderptyderp

Reaction score
@Thom - Thanks man. The receeding hairline is definitely the most difficult part to grow back. It is slowly filling in though. As far as the finasteride is concerned, why dont you just go to a walkin clinic and ask for it. Thats what I did. It cost me $100 bucks but he gave me a years prescription of finasteride for $30. You dont need to see a dermatologist. I am currently in the process of growing my hair a little longer. Im going to grow it for a few more weeks and then trim it back down to a 1 1/2. Its much easier to apply the minoxidil with shorter hair lol.

I will post pics within the next week or so.