Graft Surgery Needed For Me? In Dallas, Texas

zeo

Reaction score
:dunno:

Hello everyone. I am 34 year old man and about 3.5 years ago my wife told me I am shedding hair on my pillow and I did not believe her. I thought it was because I used hair gel. Then I looked at my crown and could see my hair was getting thinner up there quickly so I reacted quickly and got a prescription for propecia, 1 mg daily. I took propecia for a total of 6-8 months and felt it was controlling the hair shedding.

Almost 2 years ago I stopped taking propecia because it was affecting my libido(sex drive) and also experienced slight larger nipples(gynecomastia) so then I stopped taking it. Since then I started to use nizoral and revita shampoo I alernate using them every other day however despite using these shampoos I still am getting thinner hair up on my crown.

I tried saw palmetto supplements and that also affected my libido.

I heard about laser treatments from a clinic HLCC and graft surgery where they can implant my own hair in my scalp. I also heard about rogaine but not sure if it will help me or not?

Please give me some advice to stop my hair loss! My goal is to regrow my hair thicker as it used to be and maintain it as well. Please see the photo and let me know your thoughts and what I should do?

Attachments

• crown.jpg
    crown.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 394

s.a.f

Reaction score
Research (for a long time)!!!!

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
have you tryed dutasteride/avodart/dutas, it reacts difrent on many that get libido problems from finasteride

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
no transplants, not now.

Try minoxidil.. try tricomin.. try spironolactone.. and possibly try dutasteride but my guess dutasteride will give you side effects as well.

Did propecia work for you at all?

zeo

Reaction score
No propecia did not help me, it affected my libido and also caused me gynocomastoa. Thank god I stopped propecia its horrible.