Good propecia responder

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Reading the thread of some succesful propecia users such as peapoddy, Zeroheat or SE-freak I was wondering if there are some explanation of why some respond so well and why others don't respond at all ?

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
According to Hair-DX there's a genetic reason.

I think there are too many ways to find out. most people respond "decently", but for how long and stuff theres no way to know except to try it.

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score
One more "silly" question ...

Is it normal that the lower part (close to the root) of the hair that I shed is darker then the upper part ?

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finasteride work for those who don't care too much for sides...for those who's taking it with constancy...every one knows that is working in 90% of users...but not everyone is capable to restore the full amount of hair...that's because some of users are taking it late after loosing hair...and remember a huge success is not to grow the hair back....just to maintain and to see no change...but I didn't hear someone who didn't regrow at least some hair at leat in vertex...where is working the best...
c'mon people...look there are just 3 users with great results...one of them has 45 months on regime...45 months!!! so...is a long term treatment...all you have to do...is to take it...not worrying about sides ...maybe trying to take finas from merck...to be sure that is everything is ok...and maybe...the dose you are taking is not good for you...try lower/higher...or avodart...all the hair transplant recommends propecia...because is working! good luck!

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
Also please keep in mind the majority of ppl who post are people who have an issue or side. Just like everything in life if something goes well most people dont talk about it.

This can be true with Propecial. I myself now that Im having success with my hair regime have drastically slowed down on visiting this site or even talking about hair loss in general.

Most people find hair loss a problem in life so they take the time to make it an issue to resolve as soon as that issue has some relief they go back to there normal schedule and carry on there busy life.

You really cant base it off what you see in the forums. If you want hard evidence read the many freely available clinical trials. No one is being paid to report there success and they are happy so thus less likely to have a complaint less likely to voice there opinion.

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thks for those answers. My purpose was not to question the effectiveness of Propecia but to know if there is a way to maximise the treatment benefits.

I'm asking this because when I compare my results after 10 months on propecia with the results of some guys I am jealous of how well they respond to it and I'm wondering if there are known reasons of why some guys respond better then others.

Cheers

eth0

Established Member
Reaction score
Maxifoot said:
Hi all,

Reading the thread of some succesful propecia users such as peapoddy,?

I think peabody responded to minoxidil rather than finasteride.
In my experience, finasteride takes 12 months to fully respond from, anything less than that is either very lucky or minoxidil based

Read this for an example of success without minoxidil. Minumim 12 months, more like 15 months really
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=15507

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
there just isn't a way to know. We can't figure it out. Just like some people aren't born with the hair loss gene at all and others are. Some have genes that make their hair respond better to minoxidil or to finasteride and some don't.

Also, the amount of hair lost matters. Someone with minor loss over the head in a short time is more apt to respond to some kind of treatment than someone who is already half-bald. You don't see NW4's regaining enough hair to really be "thick".

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok I understand guys, I need to wait...

What is hard in this fight against hairloss is that when I first started the treatment 10 months 99.99 % of the people arround would have think of me as a guy who is crazy to worry about his hair because nobody tought I needed a treatment for hairloss.

10 months later the thining is obvious for a lot of people, I don't have yet real bald spot but in some area the thining is now really hard to hide.

I started propecia as a preventive measure and now I'm in worst situation then 10 months ago, it's hard to accept this.

At the moment I shed a lot of very small hair after the shower and I'm started to see thining in areas that were ok 10 months ago, of course I don't like it !

Wish me luck!

Cheers,

Maxifoot

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Sometimes I think people who are very strong tendencies to being "completely" bald really fast are the worst responders to propecia unless they get on it before any real damage is done. It's basically that the follicles are so sensitive to DHT that even removing 70-80% of it via finasteride doesn't help.

Jghost

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've responded great In just 7 months I've grown back 40 percent of my hair and density increased but i believe it's due to two reasons one I'm in my mid thirties witch they say is the best age range and I've always had tons of miniaturized vellus hair in my bald spots every thing is coming back no lie and I've been balding for ten years

INT

Reaction score
Also please keep in mind the majority of ppl who post are people who have an issue or side. Just like everything in life if something goes well most people dont talk about it.

This can be true with Propecial. I myself now that Im having success with my hair regime have drastically slowed down on visiting this site or even talking about hair loss in general.

Most people find hair loss a problem in life so they take the time to make it an issue to resolve as soon as that issue has some relief they go back to there normal schedule and carry on there busy life.

You really cant base it off what you see in the forums. If you want hard evidence read the many freely available clinical trials. No one is being paid to report there success and they are happy so thus less likely to have a complaint less likely to voice there opinion.

This is what people that can handle treatments like to tell themselves but this is just an assumption. There is no evidence that this place is only filled with the minority that do experience problems. Just an assumption colored by wishful thinking.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok I understand guys, I need to wait...

What is hard in this fight against hairloss is that when I first started the treatment 10 months 99.99 % of the people arround would have think of me as a guy who is crazy to worry about his hair because nobody tought I needed a treatment for hairloss.

10 months later the thining is obvious for a lot of people, I don't have yet real bald spot but in some area the thining is now really hard to hide.

I started propecia as a preventive measure and now I'm in worst situation then 10 months ago, it's hard to accept this.

At the moment I shed a lot of very small hair after the shower and I'm started to see thining in areas that were ok 10 months ago, of course I don't like it !

Wish me luck!

Cheers,

Maxifoot
Maxifoot....this is exactly me right now...I am only 9 months in...did you improve?

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've responded great In just 7 months I've grown back 40 percent of my hair and density increased but i believe it's due to two reasons one I'm in my mid thirties witch they say is the best age range and I've always had tons of miniaturized vellus hair in my bald spots every thing is coming back no lie and I've been balding for ten years
you are very lucky...i am my mid 30s and no regrowth but accelerated hair lost which before i started you couldn't tell i was thinning. have you experienced any shedding and hair lost during the 7 months on it and where did u get your finasteride from?

Jghost

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I did have shedding but my hair always returned thicker I got my finasteride online from yoderm my hair has vastly improved but still not perfect I'm one year on it now

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I did have shedding but my hair always returned thicker I got my finasteride online from yoderm my hair has vastly improved but still not perfect I'm one year on it now
My hair is failing out and hair isnt growing. See more miniaturization and scalp. Im having the opposite effect. Should i quit?

Limbodo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think some people become hyper aware of hairloss after taking finasteride, and notice hairloss that they didn't before and attribute it to further loss even though it's hair loss they had before even taking the drug.

And a very very small minority just have a terrible reaction to dht, to the point even a 60-70 percent decrease doesn't stop it. I find it almost impossible to believe a reduction in dht would contribute to hair loss

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think some people become hyper aware of hairloss after taking finasteride, and notice hairloss that they didn't before and attribute it to further loss even though it's hair loss they had before even taking the drug.

And a very very small minority just have a terrible reaction to dht, to the point even a 60-70 percent decrease doesn't stop it. I find it almost impossible to believe a reduction in dht would contribute to hair loss
No this isnt at all being hyper. I prepared myself for shedding and sides. I shared this would family members whether i should take finasteride because i felt minoxidil was bad for my skin. My hair was fine before and now after 9 months on finasteride i am balding. Lots of scalp showing and hair lost. The same family member noticed n even one suggested it looks like i need hair transplant in near future how bad it looks being on finasteride. Just because its working for some..some of them just cant phantom it not working for others. Everyone is different. I wished i never touched finasteride. It destroyed my hair

abcdefg

Reaction score
This is what people that can handle treatments like to tell themselves but this is just an assumption. There is no evidence that this place is only filled with the minority that do experience problems. Just an assumption colored by wishful thinking.

Most of the time in retail customers dont bother saying anything if you help them fairly. Its only the exceptionally happy or exceptionally mad guy that takes the time to fill out a formal complaint or compliment. No different with this or anything else. Most people without any major problem simply dont care anymore. You do it and move on. Its the problem cases that are talking on every forum or avenue they have available.
So I disagree with this, and agree that problems on the forums are skewed in favor of the negative.

Last edited:

INT

Reaction score
Most of the time in retail customers dont bother saying anything if you help them fairly. Its only the exceptionally happy or exceptionally mad guy that takes the time to fill out a formal complaint or compliment. No different with this or anything else. Most people without any major problem simply dont care anymore. You do it and move on. Its the problem cases that are talking on every forum or avenue they have available.
So I disagree with this, and agree that problems on the forums are skewed in favor of the negative.

Sure, I am willing to admit that it is slightly skewed, but there are simply too many reports to believe that the holy 2% of Merck is accurate.