goldenbears story

goldenbears

Reaction score
well, its been a year now since september 24th. im 21 and started treatment at 20. i dont like coming here anymore because its too negative and you can only know so much about hairloss until you lose perspective over it. basically it wasn't healthy for me to be on here but i feel like i owe the year update since im grateful this site helped me out with everything i wanted to know.

first off, i did take pictures to begin with and they were taken at about the length of a 1 guard on the clippers. today, my hair is a few inches long so there wouldn't be much use in those. i have general thinning on the top with the more pronounced areas being the crown and the temples.

i decided to begin with finasteride at the dosage of 1mg a day and purchased a quantity of 500 finpecia pills in blister strips. i started september 24th, 2003 and at that point decided to use head and shoulders with pyrithione zinc as my regular shampoo. during the first year, i was getting haircuts every month and a half or so, slowly letting the hair get longer as time went by. today, it hasn't been cut in 4 months.

the year went well, without me thinking too much about any side effects or even the hair. i got back to being myself and not worrying about it since i knew i was doing something about it anyway. i never missed a day of treatment. a couple months before i reached the 1 year mark, i felt like things were somewhat better. i definitely didn't continue thinning. today, i feel like im going through a shed although i dont really think i've gone through a shed before. anyways, shedding during the fall season is normal.

sexually, i noticed peaks and valleys during the first couple months and now that the year has come around full circle i started to feel peaks and valleys in sexual drive again but it does not worry me much. it went away last time and it will again this time. getting it up is definitely still possible, just not as easy or frequent.

i would say that my hair is as good if not a bit better since last year and i plan on continuing 1mg finpecia and will be purchasing another 500 pill supply in blister strips.

all i gotta say is, accept the hairloss, do something about it, and party on!

goldenbears

Reaction score
sorry for not answering earlier. i will be ordering again from http://www.genericchemist.com . the first time i ordered it was 80 dollars for 500 pills but they have since upped their price to around 200 dollars i think for 500 pills. its still the cheapest i can find when it comes to 1mg pills.

since the year mark, i have also been splitting the 1mg pills so ive been taking .5mg since the year mark. the studies show almost no difference and its already been a year so it cant hurt. and the sex drive has been kind of low recently and it just so happens to be the same time it happened last year so i figure cutting the dose will make it back to normal quicker if anything.

good luck with everything.

goldenbears

Reaction score
another update:

hair is looking the same, possibly a bit better. im approaching 16 months on finasteride and have about 8 more months worth in the supply.

i took the decision to start up minoxidil at this time. i went with generic 5% minoxidil from costco and am applying it once daily and will continue to do so. my schedule just doesnt cope with the twice a day thing so i figure its better than nothing since ive observed others doing similar.

once i get the courage to go down to a 1 guard all over again ill take pictures and post them since the original pictures i took were on 1 guard. anyways, keeping the story updated and good luck to all.