Going to Brazil for hair transplant

Donnyviii

Reaction score
My husband is 32 years old and has been loosing his hair since he was about 20. He keeps talking about going to Brazil, my home country) to get hair transplant because it is cheaper and we can get some tourism too.
He is getting very upset about his lack of hair and wants to do something about it soon.
He told me to talk to people and try to gather a group to go together so we can get better hotel deal and airlines.
Please write me if you have any interested in knowing more about the clinics and cities I have researched.

Donnyviii

Reaction score
Brazil has the best cosmetic surgeons in the world. Hollywood actors go over the to get surgeries all the time, so the media will not know they are getting them done.

Just go to the CNN website and check it out. Add hair transplant, plastic surgery and so on.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Donnyviii said:
Brazil has the best cosmetic surgeons in the world. Hollywood actors go over the to get surgeries all the time, so the media will not know they are getting them done.

Just go to the CNN website and check it out. Add hair transplant, plastic surgery and so on.

Every country 'claims' to have the best surgeons in the world. But its funny how there are no well known Brazilian surgeons mentioned on this site. Anyone who goes with an unknown and not highly respected surgeon is almost certainly going to regret it later.

lucas.renoh

Reaction score
Hi, Donnyviii. I'm brazilian too, so I thought I could add some input...

Just like everywhere in the world, there are a lot of bad surgeons in Brazil and your husband MUST be careful when choosing one to touch his head. I only know one very good surgeon in Brazil who even owns the biggest brazilian forum about hair loss. He's very ethic, respectful and open to help everyone that needs help about hair loss treatments or surgeons (he is a plastic surgeon). His name is Dr. Milton Peruzzo (http://www.peruzzo.med.br) and your husband might want to check him before doing his surgery. There should have other good professionals too, but it's very hard to find a very good one in Brazil that really tells you everything about the surgery BEFORE it's done so you won't make illusions about false results (most of them just tell you it will be perfect in order to have your money). I'm not kidding! BE CAREFUL!

Talking about costs, his surgery is not cheap for most brazilians, but for your husband it may be because of the ratio of the money. It costs about 5,200 dollars for about 3,000-4,000 grafts (depends on his donor area). Here is one video of his technique having a minimum scar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHZ4b73a-kA

As for your husband's baldness, he might need to keep some treatment (after the surgery) in order to avoid the thinning of remaining hairs attacked by DHT.

Good luck for your husband, and it's always good to consult more than one surgeon before choosing the one.