Going Onto My 3rd Month Of finasteride. Not Going Well.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends how much your hair means to you. If you stop your def going bald in next 2 years.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks pictures are showing two different areas in two different lighting situations. Are you saying you did not have that deeper recession before Finasteride at all and it shed that whole area or did it just get worse/maintain?

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I mean on it or off of it, i am balding right?

Not necessarily. If you stay on it, theres a good chance that you will either get regrowth or at least maintenance a year from now. If you get off of it, you are 100% going to go bald. If your dick is still working and you have no side effects then stick with it. I am 21 and aggressively balding too bro it sucks *** having to go through this at our age.

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah i'm not. I live in Australia don't exactly have many places to walk into to buy generic min and also another reason is the horror stories i read about the sheds. Aaaaand the effort rubbing some bullshit onto your scalp heard it's greasy af. dependent minoxidil hairs ehhh don't know how long I can keep using it and you gotta be diligent with it, popping pills is easy :S

Don't expect hair growth on finas. All is really does imo is just to keep what's left in your head. I think you should add minoxidil really, don't be scared of the shedding phase, you have a dht blocker now with finasteride, and not all people experience shedding with minoxidil. You are either all in or not is the hairloss war. It's up to you to win the battle, you still have time.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
So far it hasn't worked for you.
Give it another couple of months.
I know people want to trust this drug so much they will take it even when Nw7.
But should you in the future see your hair loss progresses, you might be a non responder and you are totally justified to ditch it.

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thing is, I've been on and off it for like probably 8 or 9 months with breaks i totally dropped it for like 3 months to figure out scalp inflamation. but these past 2 months I've stuck by it. I'll stick to it then, thanks.

How’s your libido? Acne? Scalp sebum? Did you have scalp inflammation prior to propecia?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@HairSelfies Your before and afters are pretty much useless. In your before you aren't exposing that side of your hairline, so isn't it possible it was always like that? How is your other side? Is it okay?
Without before and afters exposing both sides of your hairline its impossible for anybody on here to definitively tell you that your hair is getting worse. Its not that I don't believe you because finasteride did the exact same thing to me.. I personally just need better before and afters. Also continuously starting and stopping finasteride on a loop is the WORST thing you could possibly ever do when treating hair loss. Your hormones are fluctuating like crazy and that will certainly negatively affect your hair. Those lost right now may not grow back, even with HRT. If you're on finasteride then STAY on finasteride consistently for at least one year, preferably two. Good luck and I hope things turn around for you, this disease sucks.

badhairline

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're fucked dude. I mean this in the most supportive way possible. No man should have to deal with this but you do. I'm sorry bro. It's over for you. Keep up the propecia and add on minoxidil and nizroal. You can't f*****g give up even if it's over. At least you can say you tried.

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil is easy to use, takes you maximum 2 minutes a day to apply and you should look at Indian suppliers like tugain or morrf, will cost you 12-15 euros per month.

good luck with the regime , no matterwhat you chose

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil is easy to use, takes you maximum 2 minutes a day to apply and you should look at Indian suppliers like tugain or morrf, will cost you 12-15 euros per month.

good luck with the regime , no matterwhat you chose

bro u can buy minoxdil 6 month supply for about 30-40$ through ebay

abcdefg

Reaction score
minoxidil is very cheap, but it is a real pain in the arse to use. If you have a lot of hair left most of it just gets stuck on your hair. Its hard to apply consistently to all the same areas too. Makes your hair look greasy and thin. Generally I dont enjoy it very much takes 4 times longer than it does to brush your teeth and I only brush once a day, but minoxidil your supposed to use twice.
Given the limited options it might be worth also using minoxidil though on top of propecia.

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's the same, small little hairs along hairline can't tell if they're new or old hairs thinning or minituarizing. Wish I had taken better/more detailed photos.
Honestly though i try to pull out hair intentionally, as I used to be able to just from running my hands through my hair with atleast like 15 hairs but I don't get anything on my hands or in the shower anymore. Maybe I am washing before i check or something or idanno but hopefully it's a good sign. it's been like this for atleast 2 months.

Very good sign man sounds like you’ve stabilized, hopefully regrowth is next!

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hopefully :SSS hows your hair doing ?

Not great. I’m only doing bullshit like zix. Waiting on seti to come in the mail... waiting on some baseline hormone tests and summoning the courage to jump on the emotional roller coaster ride that is propecia.

I had tried earlier and couldn’t stick with it..

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the mg in zix? And why can't you get on propecia?

I can I just shedded like crazy on it, got scared and dropped it. I have this weird certainty that it would fry my hair...

I actually think zix has some good antiandrogen properties but it’s not enough for me. Check out the thread on it in the alt treatment forum