Going Insane

Doom

Reaction score
Ever since Thanksgiving, the last time I had a haircut my life has been for the most part miserable. The thought of hairloss and male pattern baldness is on my mind almost constantly. I feel a horrible sense of dread that almost paralyzes me at times. I am constantly looking in the mirror, at work, at home, even the car. A sense of lifelessness has descended upon me. I don't care about watching movies, reading, exercising or anything. Sometimes I feel a tightness in my chest or palpitations in my heart when thinking about it. Sleep is sometimes tortured. Hell, my dreams are even of hair loss. I can't concentrate at work, I'm obsessed with this forum, and I'm ruining my home life. I feel like I'm waiting for the end to come. The end of my hair or life, I'm not sure. I'm 35. I've always had nice hair. There's a voice inside me screaming "Why?? Why now?" I can luckily still style my hair. Nobody I know has said anything to me that they've noticed it thinning. I absolutely DREAD the next haircut.
I really hope the Propecia I'm taking starts to work soon. It's been 2 months. I feel like I'm running out of time. I need regrowth and fast. I can't take this stress anymore. I'm so damn tired.

:freaked2:

Aplunk1

Reaction score
My friend,
if you've ever read any of my Impact of Hair Loss posts, you'll realize that I'm in the same boat as you. Life just doesn't seem as great anymore.

But you're on the treatments.

Here's what you gotta do:

Wait!
Then wait some more.
Then wait some more.
Then when you think you're doing alright on your treatments,
WAIT SOME MORE!

G

use some toppik on your thinning hair. then its thick again.

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
Andy speaketh The Truth ;)

Take comfort in the fact that the Propecia has most likely at least halted any more losses by now. Regrowth... hang in there for a few months. Even if it's happening as we speak, you probably won't notice it for awhile.

But not getting any WORSE has got to be somewhat comforting? Things will only get better now :)

Aplunk1

Reaction score
If you want faster hair growth, and possible hair regrowth, try taking MSM supplement. You'll be surprised :) Take 3g/day.

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
If you want faster hair growth, and possible hair regrowth, try taking MSM supplement. You'll be surprised :) Take 3g/day.

Exactly what I'm doing :)

Has anyone measured how much faster growth, versus the usual 1/2" per month, 3g MSM will create? Will I be a hippie by june?

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
Uni Student said:
Your 35. I'm 21 so its a whole lot worse.

Imagine being damn near suicidal because you feel you have to change your sex, only you're losing your hair because of the f'ing testosterone, which makes makes said "solution" increasingly implausable and improbable.

Now THAT would really suck.

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score
make damn sure you are on propecia for 1 year min. From experience the 2 yr mark is where Propecia really kicked in fully gear. Bottom line is to just pop that pill in every morning come hell or high water.

and do you use minoxidil every day in conjucntion with Propecia. 1 year minimum no matter what.

btp11

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:

where is the best place to get MSM? online or drug store?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I get mine from Wal-Mart. You can get it at any GNC, Better Nutrition, whatever. It's relatively cheap.