Going from Brunette to Blonde, naturally.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I was applying my minoxidil this afternooon, and I noticed that my hair is going blonde! Until age 15, my hair was always white and blonde, and it seems like it's coming back.

Is this a bad sign? The hairs look healthier, but I can't really tell.

Am I losing my hair pigment?

Also, everywhere on the sides of my head, I am starting to see many grey hairs.

omgstfuty

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont no dude, but im actually thinking about growing my hair out a little bit, then dying it blonde , just so the contrast between my hair and scalp isnt so extreme, the best example i can think of, is bruce willis in the Fith Element,
I love having a shaved head, but I get bored sometimes of it.
Aplunk, you may be getting grey hairs from worrying all the time dude!, relax mate and take it eassssssssssssy! 8)

dark_one

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
I was applying my minoxidil this afternooon, and I noticed that my hair is going blonde! Until age 15, my hair was always white and blonde, and it seems like it's coming back.

Is this a bad sign? The hairs look healthier, but I can't really tell.

Am I losing my hair pigment?

Also, everywhere on the sides of my head, I am starting to see many grey hairs.

You are around 20 years old, right? I am interested in this - is there any family history of premature graying (getting significant number of white hairs before age 30). If not, some of your regimen's anti-androgens may be inducing this.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have alot of white hairs. I think I started getting these before i started using propecia though. I have alot more now though (although it's 2+ years later.)

Man if it's not one thing it's another thing, eh boys?

G

I got a similar issue...my hair was GOLD...now its more of a brown...but some hairs have the "remants of their gold" and some are basically turning a new color...plantium blonde...but for what its worth my family greys VERY QUICKLY...if i follow my family's genes which is very probably I could be fully grey by age 30. :O But yea its really weird, but most of my hair like I said is brown...but parts of it look actually metallic its seriusly messed up.

dark_one

Established Member
Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
I have alot of white hairs. I think I started getting these before i started using propecia though. I have alot more now though (although it's 2+ years later.)

Man if it's not one thing it's another thing, eh boys?

If you can keep whatever hair you have, I don't think you should care about white hairs. Anyway after age 25 or so, most people have some unpigmented hairs, if you look closely.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my friend is 22 or 23 and he has a good amount of gray hairs along the side and top of his head...just a little gray but you can notice it if you look at his hair for more than 3 seconds.

I wonder if people like that with premature graying feel the same way about it as we do about hairloss....imo losing hair pigment isnt that big of a deal..there is always dying just my 2 cents

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My father has grey hair in all his head. He is a lawyer and he takes certain care of his image, so he dyes it regularly with optimal results.

He´s been doing that for 15+ years, and nobody thinks he is gray as Richard Gere.

I´ll exchange baldness for graying no matter what.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I'm noticing that it's turning blonde and red, just like how it used to be when I was a little kid...

Also, on a side note, I don't know if this is in reference to ageing or whatnot, but upon starting finasteride and dutasteride therapy, my beard has been growing out red, which is something that has never occurred to me.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fallout Boy said:
my friend is 22 or 23 and he has a good amount of gray hairs along the side and top of his head...just a little gray but you can notice it if you look at his hair for more than 3 seconds.

I wonder if people like that with premature graying feel the same way about it as we do about hairloss....imo losing hair pigment isnt that big of a deal..there is always dying just my 2 cents
Just think taylor hicks man, nuff said.
I have a friend also who was greying at 22. It didnt bother him whatsoever.
There is SOMETHING you can do about it if u wanted to , and i think merely having an option makes them have what we dont,...control.

bubka

Reaction score
my hair has lightened considerable since I have been on finasteride, like you, I had the white hair till puberty, then started to get darker, though still a dirty blonde, thought it’s lighter now then it was say in high school, 26 now… It may be white hairs is there from getting older.. who knows, when I get my hair cut and check it out, I swear there are probably 5 different colors in there

CCS

Reaction score
i've seen plenty of men with some gray hairs. one guy even shaved his head because of it. i'd rather have white hairs I can dye than no hair, and any hair still frames your face.

seekinghair

Reaction score
Aplunk1, are you using copper peptides? I ask you because I think that Tricomin turned some of my hairs blonde. I used to have blonde hair until I was 5 or 6 yers old, but never after that age. Sort of weird.