Going downhill?

briancl

Reaction score
Hi, I am currently finishing up on month 6 of 1/4 proscar daily. My hairloss started with the temple region and only the region. I had my hair thin in the shape of a NW3 and the first 4 months seemed to give some results, but now it seems to have been getting really aggressive. Is it possible proscar is just not working at all? Why isn't there any signs of baldness in the crown or any region, just the temples?

incubusor

Established Member
Reaction score
You're barely at the half way point! You need to wait a full year. You can't even assume that it is not working at this point, the biggest mistake you can make is not continuing treatment atleast up to the 1 year mark.

Elaborate on your male pattern baldness being more aggressive? If you are shedding lots of hair that is common when taking finasteride. Some people shed a lot early in treatment, some people shed a lot half way through treatment, some people shed early - stabalize - and shed again. Everyone responds differently to treatment, but the only way your hair improves its appearance is through shedding, because after a shed your hair has to regrow and its thicker regrowth that you want right? This typically cannot be achieved in 3-6months, that is why everyone says to wait a full year to judge whether its working for you or not.