Giving up Propecia. Not worth it for me anymore.

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on for 10 months now. Great thickening, side effects getting worse as I take it longer.

lower sexual desire
weaker erections
low energy despite no lifestyle changes
urinary problems
testicle pain

My wife has begged me to stop saying she wants the old me back with or without hair.

Nice reality check for me, hair is important. Health and mental health are vastly more important.

Back to Min and nizoral until something else comes along, here's hoping I recover fully.

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
just don't be surprised when your wife wishes you had stayed on it once you're fully bald.

Luckily I have a handsome face and small ears, she's already seen me with a 0 guard and my messed up nw2.5 hairline. She told me to go back to that and get off the drug.

On top of that before Propecia I was very stable on just minoxidil. My loss isn't very aggressive. Chances are good a maintenance drug is out before I'm nw4. Been losing for 10 years and it's very very slow.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So your penis doesn't get as hard, all of a sudden you wanna go bald?..whatever floats your boat.
Enjoy my friend

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
So your penis doesn't get as hard, all of a sudden you wanna go bald?..whatever floats your boat.
Enjoy my friend

Keep burying your head in the sand, Propecia wrecks your energy, sex drive and erection quality.

Its hard to even enjoy my life on that piece of **** drug, and I actually have a wife so my erections are important.

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on for 10 months now. Great thickening, side effects getting worse as I take it longer.

lower sexual desire
weaker erections
urinary problems
testicle pain

My wife has begged me to stop saying she wants the old me back with or without hair.

Nice reality check for me, hair is important. Health and mental health are vastly more important.

Back to Min and nizoral until something else comes along, here's hoping I recover fully.

Weird... I'm continuing to lose my hair on finasteride but have no side effects.

What's your lifestyle like? How's your diet? Do you exercise? Do you take vitamins/supplements to help your body?

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
Weird... I'm continuing to lose my hair on finasteride but have no side effects.

What's your lifestyle like? How's your diet? Do you exercise? Do you take vitamins/supplements to help your body?

I exercise 4 times a week, eat pretty healthy and take a multivitamin.

Sides were tolerable for me until about a month ago, they got really bad. Serious tesitcle pain, awful erections, low energy.

g.i joey

Reaction score
hey dude, dont listen to the losers on here trying to push you to stay on finasteride. What satisfaction do people get when they try to fear monger you into getting ON finasteride. Listen to your wife, get off it its not worth it, you actually have a family you could lose and a woman who obviously loves you. Me for example if my sides ever get to that level id personally come off the drug, as soon as my erections go soft theres no chances im gonna keep taking it, but at the same time im a single male so its really only effecting me, in your case, your wife feels the same side effects you do. You're making the right choice.

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
hey dude, dont listen to the losers on here trying to push you to stay on finasteride. What satisfaction do people get when they try to fear monger you into getting ON finasteride. Listen to your wife, get off it its not worth it, you actually have a family you could lose and a woman who obviously loves you. Me for example if my sides ever get to that level id personally come off the drug, as soon as my erections go soft theres no chances im gonna keep taking it, but at the same time im a single male so its really only effecting me, in your case, your wife feels the same side effects you do. You're making the right choice.

Thanks man, appreciate the words. My wife really likes your post. She said the guys on here really don't understand that a decent woman that loves you won't leave you over hair, but will absolutely eventually want to leave if intimacy is killed by no libido.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man, appreciate the words. My wife really likes your post. She said the guys on here really don't understand that a decent woman that loves you won't leave you over hair, but will absolutely eventually want to leave if intimacy is killed by no libido.

Are you going to try something else?

RU?
Microdosing finasteride?

Goon on you for having a wonderful wife.

g.i joey

Reaction score
focus on recovering.. you've been on 10 months so in order to get your full sex drive back it might take 2-4 weeks so dont panic man. Once you're recovered you can look at maybe biweekly dosing or maybe a small dose is all you need considering you have slow loss as you said. That is all up to you.

BTW, i have no doubt you'll make a full recovery believe me. My last attempt on propecia i got some nice side effects to the point where i couldnt get it up even to p**rn, i then ended up dating a girl at the same time and couldnt get it up for her either. So i stopped (recovered) and took some time off to lose some weight and get healthier. Im almost 3 months in on my new regimen now and i feel great, erections and sex drive are still great, but my dosing is only 4x a week and sometimes i look at my hair and think nothing is happening. Anyways one thing i realized is if you feel side effects with finasteride and wanna keep taking it, you're gonna have to find a sweet spot (low dosing, Longer intervals of dosing) that hopefully gives you benefits. BUT YOUR HEALTH ALWAYS COMES FIRST!

I cant say i agree with your wife, theres to many factors that happen to people when they go bald (self esteem issues, major appearance change, insecure, loss of confidence) to make a general judgement, but i mean if your wife would be so hypocritical to tell you to get off it cause she wants you for you and then dump you, well then you chose a shallow women. I think shes being genuine about it and i mean, if you're in your 30's being bald isnt anything out of the ordinary(not discounting the amount it sucks, but your in greater company than a nw2-3 23 year old lol). I wish you luck man, you're definitely making the right choice.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would that it were true. I do get mild side effects but most importantly doesn't work. I guess when you start balding at 19 you have to bring in all the guns. I will need to add RU.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score

lower sexual desire
weaker erections
urinary problems
testicle pain

For us to understand and participate, you should plz quantify how much your desire has lowered.
If desire went from 100 to 90, maybe it wouldn't be a problem. I guess it went from 100 to... 50? 40?
Do you have any libido at all now?