GimmeTime's Story

GimmeTime

Reaction score
I am a newbie here. A, just turned 27 year old newbie, who feels like I am a pro eventhough I have never posted on this site. I have read tons of posts on this site, and like many mention, It feels good to know I am not alone. This is the first time I talk about, my hair loss to ANYBODY. It is very frustrating bc we have no MBP in our family, my younger brother has an amazing head of hair. He won't lose it I can already tell. My Dad is the first one who started bugging me about "Having a high forehead", the way we call it at home. I was 17 years old. Yes, it was true, for a guy who loved and was so fussy about his hair, I did realize the temple was getting deep. I have very thick hair, well at least the back still is. I immediatly cut my haire short and brushed it down forward. People did not really notice any changes, but you see the changes yourself. 10 years have gone by and finally some people are starting to mention and notice my hair thinning, my girlfriend is what hurts the most, she don't wanna be with no baldy. I remember when I was 21 saying to myslef I hope I make it to 25, so when I go to my highSchool reunion I still have some. Know I look back at pictures when I was 21 and tell myself, Why was I even complaining back then??. I am pretty much the worst of all out there. I guess the way I comb my hair I hid it well, but people always say how bad my hair style is or how dry my hair is. I am used to it by now, it's been 10 years. That is what pisses me off, if only they knew: "You cant get into a hairstyle you like anymore, cause you won't be able to keep it for more than 6 months anyway. I am the typical: miss sweating with no hat on, miss going to water slides and having my hair wind dry, or sitting in the back seat of a car and not worrying if a gust of wind may ruin it. Yes, this is the guy. All the people who come here and say 22-23yrs and losing my hair... Put it this way... For me it has been 10 years, you see it changing every couple of months, look back at pictures and wish I could have it back. My problem now is, do I really want to start taking pills and fixes. I read your posts about it, and am happy for those who have nailed their hairloss from the beginning, but for myself I really don't know what to do. I am just so exhausted after 10 years of worrying, I just feel like I don't have any gas left in the tank to start a new life of hope if I decide to follow all of you. Man it really sucks losing your hair, I mean really. I can take care of myself as much as I can, stay healthy, quit smoking, stay in shape, but f***, we just can't get our hair back. I read it in here, someboday said, they would take a fat body any day... Dude, I am jealous of fat guys with a full head, cause I know if that would be me, I can do something to change it. I have never let a girl run her hands through my hair, and it hurts because you do not want to tell them why it really bothers you. I just really feel alone at times, happiest person you will ever meet, but little does the outside world know how much I can hide the hurt. I see it this way, some people thin in a nice way, I have fairly waivy hair and thinning at radom places makes it hard to manage. Also, I look back and think, when I sarted losing my hair at 17, I wish it would have been gone by 21. If you are going to take it then take it all, don't make us suffer little by little, IMO anyway. It's sad though, cause I started combing/Geln my hair freshman year of HS, like what 11-12 years old. Really care aout the chicks and slicking your hair through highschool. Start losing your hair at 17-18, then 10 years of worrying about it.... If you calculate, I really only had 5-7 years of enjoying my hair, that is what hurts the most. Sorry for depressing everyone, but it just feels great to finally get it off my back and know I have brothers out there who understand.

Peace

Deaner

Reaction score
I also know what it's like to start losing it early, and be afraid of letting people even touch your hair, or go outside on a windy day. It's brutal, but if you do feel like you have any gas left, trying some treatments couldn't really hurt your hair situation. Good luck bud.

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
yea

i feel ya bro. im almost 17 right now and i started worrying about this sh*t back when i was 13... never had a real problem until about a year ago. finally decided to do something about it 2 days ago.

but it's a good thing you realized this and decided to start treatment, as they say better late than never right? just keep your hopes up and start on treatment ASAP. good luck. peace