getting tape off of hair sytem?

G

my son uses a very sticky tape on his hair system, around the edges. he had his head shaved, removed it to clean it and cannot get the tape off, it almost turned into pure glue on the base. anyone have an answer? he doesn't want to ruin the base trying to pull the tape adhesive off and replace it with new tape 3mil.
thanks!

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
I suppose someone broke the golden rule and put blue lace tape, pro-flex or super tape onto a poly edge?

FOOLS!!!
I say it 3-4 times over to veryone who asks me about these things, never use those tapes on a poly or skin base, or you wont get it off easily.

It`d be easier to help if I knew what your dealing with.
If, in fact, someone used one of those tapes on that type of base, you`ll need some Goo-Gone, baby oil, and 99% alcohol.
You may even want some mineral spirits.

Soak the area with Goo-Gone firt, for a good half an hour, Take some needle nosed pliers and try and see if you can get an edge of that tape to lift up. If so, you`re lucky, the rest should only take a few more hours and burn several thousand calories.
Take a Q-tip, rubbing along the lifted edge with Goo-Gone, while slowly lifting the tape.
If that dont work try baby oil, or some (ordorless) mineral sprirts.
Use the alcohol (99%) and some baby wipes to remove the residue.

Do not apply 3mil directly to skin or poly either.
Always use red-liner tape on skin or poly. If you want a stronger tape, you`ll need two layers of tape, first you put the red-liner onto the skin or poly, then a layer of your stronger tape over that.

But never put those stronger tapes directly onto the base.

G

ugghhhh! thank you so much for the knowledge, we just keep getting dissed about this system. i just can't bellieve it! we'll were in for it and i'm so afraid i'm gonna mess up the base, its new. also the super tape doesn't hold that well anyhow,
where is the best place to purchase the red tape? price wise?

thank you so much again
getting on straight is a hassle too
i'm gonna jump the bridge!

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
I think most places sell it at about the same price. I think the price is around 10 bucks, or less for a roll.
You need to know what width to order.
I have some here you can have for free. I dont use tape anymore.

E-mail me if you`d like to have the tape j.wl@ verizon.net

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the spam block dude, lol!
From now on I think I`ll ask others to PM me :D

Cassin

Reaction score
MichiganBaldy said:
Thanks for the spam block dude, lol!
From now on I think I`ll ask others to PM me :D

You should be ok as long as you use a space. Internet forums are constantly scanned by spam bots looking for emails. I had to give up an old email addy because I used it here too much and it was choked by spam after half a year.

G

okay guys yet i do not no how to "pm" either...my blonde roots are showing...

bij

just a newbie

s.a.f

Reaction score
Just click on the PM icon (next to profile) below on one of the posts belonging to the person yo wish to send the message to after that its just like replying to a thread.
:wink:

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
Re:

MichiganBaldy said:
I suppose someone broke the golden rule and put blue lace tape, pro-flex or super tape onto a poly edge?

FOOLS!!!
I say it 3-4 times over to veryone who asks me about these things, never use those tapes on a poly or skin base, or you wont get it off easily.

It`d be easier to help if I knew what your dealing with.
If, in fact, someone used one of those tapes on that type of base, you`ll need some Goo-Gone, baby oil, and 99% alcohol.
You may even want some mineral spirits.

Soak the area with Goo-Gone firt, for a good half an hour, Take some needle nosed pliers and try and see if you can get an edge of that tape to lift up. If so, you`re lucky, the rest should only take a few more hours and burn several thousand calories.
Take a Q-tip, rubbing along the lifted edge with Goo-Gone, while slowly lifting the tape.
If that dont work try baby oil, or some (ordorless) mineral sprirts.
Use the alcohol (99%) and some baby wipes to remove the residue.

Do not apply 3mil directly to skin or poly either.
Always use red-liner tape on skin or poly. If you want a stronger tape, you`ll need two layers of tape, first you put the red-liner onto the skin or poly, then a layer of your stronger tape over that.

But never put those stronger tapes directly onto the base.

YOU ARE SOOOO rignt! :agree:

I let a customer get away with that only once! :firing: I give em hell about it and let them know that if they do it again... I won't clean it up...... They will have to do it themselves while I take a smoke break.

I've got all the tools, and goo removers available... and it is still a real b**ch to get those tapes off with out damaging the base.