Generic TEVA finasteride as good as proscar?

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am currently getting 5mg finasteride from and Israeli-based company named TEVA. I am just wondering if it is known to be as effective as Proscar.

It crumbles badly when I try to cut it so I am also worried I am not getting the correct dosage every day.

hairington

Reaction score
Teva is one of the best generic companies out there. Usually far superior to most. You might try a pill cutter.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's good to hear. I did a lot of searches on it and couldn't find anything. I just switched from Propecia and was hoping I wouldn't lose my gains.

I did buy a pill cutter and works quite well but it still crumbles a bit. I have read it is the same case with Proscar though.

Thanks!

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Also good to know. I suppose it doesn't matter so long as the finasteride gets in my system.

AshiSRB93

Reaction score
Hey Thom, i see that you had great results with your regimen, congrats on it! I want to ask you if you used teva finasteride all that time or you switched back to brand? I'm asking because I will probably need to switch to teva finasteride and I am worried if it will work good.

Also, anyone reading this, if you have experience with TEVA finasteride, share it here please. :)

Ahree

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have had a good experience with Actavis generic finasteride via Costco. Actavis has been acquired by Teva, so I am assuming the pills I am taking are trustworthy and effective. Years ago, I had dabbled with Dr Reddy's generic finasteride out of India and had a *horrible* experience within about two weeks of taking it. Scalp was itchy and tingly and hair was pouring off my head in alarming quantity. I got back on Propecia branded finasteride 1 mg daily, and for the last 3 years had good results. I've heard good things about Teva, so I'm trying the Teva / Actavis version through my local Costco. (Some locations use other generic versions, so be aware of that.) One month into my "experiment," my hair is holding steady the way it was with Propecia. **THREE-MONTH UPDATE** All continues to be well. The Actavis generic (a US pharma acquired by Teva) from Costco is working just as well for me as the brand name Propecia did previously. As with Propecia, hair loss has been minimized and become impercetible, at least in my judgement.

Last edited:

Rughs

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took brand name propecia for 6 months. I am now taking generic finasteride.
I like it pretty well. The price is actually the main reason. I also get a discount.
fintev1.png

Last edited: