General Advice and My Experiences - I wish someone told me

rocketman75

Reaction score
Since I've done my research and am in the same boat as most you, I will share what I have learned. I have been taking Finasteride for 15 months now and I believe it works. I haven't lost any more and I don't think I will. (No bad side effects either) It won't grow hair, but it will help you keep what you have. The sooner you start the better. I wish to the heavens I got on it as soon as I noticed some recession. I'm probably a one or two on the norwood scale. There is a tonne of snake oil on the internet out there, and their before and afters are absolutely laughable. The principle cause I do believe is nailed down. DHT is killing off your follicles. You have to block it. Finasteride does it, saw palmetto (a herb) does it if you are afraid of drugs. (I'm taking both)

I also visited a hair restoration clinic just to see what the deal was. I didn't think my hair was that bad, so the cost shouldn't be either. Boy was I wrong, mega-bucks, between ($15000 and $20000CDN) and I'm norwood 1 or 2! I smell scam. And for a solution they said would be no guarantee. They will completely butcher the back of your head, just so the front will look sort of nice. And they won't give you your original hairline. And you will have multiple sessions. It must have been fate but on my way home I noticed a few guys around with strips of skin missing from the back of their heads, and tufts of hair at the front. It looked absolutely horrible. What's point of your girlfriend running her fingers through your hair at the front only to find a crusty mess at the back. And you will never grow hair back there again. You can't change your hair style ever. Furthermore, this will only work if you have straight hair. If you are African American, an afro will not cover up the mess they make back there. But if you still decide to do it. You must block DHT somehow, or else there is no point doing it, you will still lose your hair, and your money along with it.

Something else I have researched and will try is the habanero peppers. It makes sense that your follicles need nutrients to grow, the peppers increase blood flow to your scalp. I'm going to try the pepper oil along with some hair vitamins (B, folic acid etc) and see if it helps. Only follicles that aren't completely dead have a chance. Remember this if you try it for yourself. And don't get it in your eyes or you WILL regret it.

Do what you have to keep what you have, cloning is on the way, which in my opinion will be the best solution and one that's permanent even for those that have been completely bald for years. I hope this has been helpful.

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
Transplants definitely are not for everyone but for some people, under ideal conditions, they can be a great option.

What's this about Habanero Peppers? Any information or link would be helpful. Thanks.

jerry grant

rocketman75

Reaction score
I'm not saying go out and buy nutrifolica. Actually you can use most hot peppers (cayenne peppers). Habanero as I have read is the most powerful pepper on the planet. You can buy you own peppers at the supermarket, saw palmetto and the B vitamins can be found in any health food store. You can take the peppers in powder form within geletin capsules or make your own topical solution.

http://www.hairregrowthformen.com/

ChiaHead

Established Member
Reaction score
Nutrifolica....

I have been on Nutrifolica for the past 7 months. At first I went through a bad shedding phase and moved up the Norwood scale from a 2 to 3 and considered stopping. But I held in there and now I do notice the slightest improvement. I had minimal hairloss at my crown, and now its alittle better but not 100%. My hair was worse at the temples above my eyebrows. After about 3 months I noticed alot of thinning all through the frontal hair line (it got pretty bad) but after 5-6 months it starting to slowly fill in. Right now id say Im about 10% better off then i was before I started using Nutrifolica. I am about to run out of the product and have recently purchased Proscar and Minoxidil 5%. Im very optomistic about using these two products and hope for further results. I would guess im a norwood 2 now. Im 24 and started losing my hair at 18.

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
Chia - is it your plan to continue with Nutrifolica when you add finasteride and min?