FUE & FIT MDs

kriss

Reaction score
I am a Norwood 2 and I am wanting to "thicken" my front hailine and add hair to my temple areas. I have been uncomfortable with doing a Strip hair transplant , but I think FUE or FIT hair transplant would be something I am comfortable with doing.

Looking for any advice and experiences to help me decide if I should do FIT or FUE. I am 43 yo and feel I will always have some hair in these areas. I am considering Dr. Cole in Atlanta, due to his location, plus I have heard he is a great MD. Thoughts?

s.a.f

Reaction score
For a nw2 FUE is the obvious option, strip is mainly for people with more excessive levels of hairloss.

G

Kriss,

If you are only a Norwood 2 at 43, IMO, that's a good sign. Have you been on Propecia or any other hairloss med? How does your crown look? Any miniturization noted?

IF male pattern baldness is minimal on both sides of your family history, then chances are, your hairloss will not be advanced.

You are a classic case for FUE. You can always do a word search on Dr. Cole on this or any hairloss forum and start reading. You can do that on any hair transplant doctor.

kriss

Reaction score
I am taking Fisternide. Have done so for 15 years. There is a local hair transplant office in Knoxville, TN. They only do strip procedures. They have a "laser". It's like an old style hair dryer you sit under. I have done that for 2 years, but I really wonder if it does any good.

I will post some photos when I figure out how. I have been on 2 other hair loss forums and have searched for doctors. Cole, Sharpio, and Armania seem to be the most regarded. Not sure if Sharpio does FUE. Cole is located very close. but I have read posts questioning Cole's temperment, but not his skills. Not sure what to make of that. Also Cole using a 1.0 mm instead of a smaller instrument.

This is a huge decesion, and I have to admit I have been taken aback from the bickering that seem to be on these forums. And the possibilities that posters may be plants from dr and clinics promoting themself. Was never expecting that. Trying to sort through all of this.

G

At this point I would advise you to keep researching. Soon, you will start seeing some consistency to the docs that have the talent, character, AND ethics.

kriss

Reaction score
Gillenator, what does the disclaimer mean at the bottom of your posts? Do you support those MDs?

kriss

Reaction score
I thought the hard part was deciding to do a hair transplant, and getting the $$$$. but it's deciding on who to use. Need some input from all you guys who have experience with these doctors. Please give me some input on DRs.

Thanks

G

kriss,

Sorry for the delayed reply. The docs at my signature support me as an independent patient advocate. There is alot I do outside of my posting to help patients.

They are docs who have been around for a long time with reputations for talent and good ethics.