FUE - Dr Rogers

bilbobaggins

Established Member
Reaction score
Im thinking of having FUE surgury with Dr. Rogers and would like some advice...

my hairloss is only mild and has improved or stabalised since being on propecia. my temples have receded slightly and the crown area is certainly thinner than i would like. depending on how i style it i can hide it pretty well and no one has ever commented (so far).

i am thinking of taking 10 days off and am wondering a). what will my head look like immediately after surgury and b). how short does my hair have to be buzzed as its currently about an inch on top and 6mm on the back and sides.

cheers

theanimator

Reaction score
I didn't have FUE, so I don't know how that scaring will look. But if you plan on getting the temples done, them plan on wearing a hat. Actually at day 10 I didn't look so bad. At that point all the scabs had fallen off and all the grafts were still in place. But just a few days later at 14, almost all the grafts had fallen out and the scalp area where the grafts had been placed was really red. Funny in a way because I feel that days 9-10 are probably the best looking days after the surgery you'll have for the next 6 months. I'm a little over a month post-op now and my scalp is still a little pink at my temples, it'll probably be another month before the color subsides.

Best of luck

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
you may want to look a little further afield than Dr Rogers,the uk isnt the best place to get a hair transplant

Sean68

Reaction score
i say go for it. dr rogers is one of the most respected surgeons about. his results speak for themselves. :smack:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Sean68 said:
his results speak for themselves. :smack:
They certainly do. :freaked2: :thumbdown2:

Failing Follicles

Reaction score
For the love of all that is Holy, DO NOT GO TO ROGERS. This man is a BUTCHER. Here in the UK we're leagues behind what they can do in the US. For a successful hair transplant, you'll need to go there or Canada.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You will also save a fortune as Dr Rogers is more expensive than most of the US hair transplant clinics

bigmac

Reaction score
I agree you should do more research.I just looked at his website t the crown pictures and believe their are better options out there if you are willing to travel.