Frontal/Temporal hairloss?

Luther007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, my story is, I'm a solid 2 on the Norwood scale (terrified of an encroaching 2V or even 3!) and I'm only 19 years old. This is weird because my father is 58 and has all his hair, and my 23 year old brother still has a full head himself..... Anyway, I noticed my hair start to fall out when I was 17, and it has been pretty steady ever since.

I just recently added Generic Minoxidil 5% and Folligen Cream to my daily regimen, hoping it will give me the kickstart I need to save my hair, since everything else I take hasn't really done very much for me. I read in the pamphlet that came with my Minoxidil bottle that it should *not* be used for Frontal/Temporal hair loss! This is a major downer because it is primarily in that area of my head that my hair really looks flimsy. I thought of adding Propecia (generic, even though it's still damn expensive and I'm on a student budget) but the fact that it, too, states that it will only work on the vertex of the scalp is very discouraging. Have any of you fellows had much success with hair regrowth in the front and temples? Please let me know any kind of treatment that I can add that would be effective to that end!

-Luther

Stingray

Reaction score
It works all over. The trials only were done on the vertex and anterior sections of the scalp. Results may vary however. The frontal section is tricky to work with.

Luther007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it definitely does suck. I shaved my head recently and people asked "hey dude, are you goin bald?" ..ouch. Now I try to wear my hair down so it covers up my receded temples.

Does finasteride make much of a difference in front? Even if I'm already using minoxidil?

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Propecia + Minoxidil are the best products available for hairloss, whether frontal, temporal or at the vertex!

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
Try generic Proscar instead of propecia. Most cost efficient way to go. About $60-$70 per year.

jerry grant

Theguy

Reaction score
I feel you man. I'm 16 and get all that crap from people about me losing my hair. Anyway I'm about NW2 on the scale, but my hairline hasn't receded since I first noticed my hairloss. I have however, noticed some diffuse thinning on the crown, but my minoxidil is taking care of that nicely. I'm going to be adding some Nizoral 1% whenever I can find it. When I'm 18 i'll be adding propecia or proscar with a cutter. You just gotta keep the faith and fight the good fight.

Luther007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another reason I'm hesitant to add propecia/finasteride is that I'm afraid of the possible side effects, and that it might mess up my hormones since I'm still pretty young.

In a year from now, if my hair loss is worse or Minoxidil & Folligen haven't brought it to a satisfactory level I'll probably consult my doctor about it. Have any of you had any of the side effects from it? How did you deal?

btw thanks for the tip Grantspots, Fincar is WAYY cheaper. Seems a little sketchy though, how can they get away with copying someone else's drug?

Trilidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Ehh, luther taking propecia before your done growing is not wise, your right.

Just ask me or mchair who still suffer from ED and low libido 9 months after propecia

G

what does folligen cream do to help hairloss? can someone enlighten me?

thanx...

Afro Thunder

Luther007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Folligen, which uses copper-peptides, is a Superoxide Dismutase (SOD). SOD's are used in conjunction with Nitroxides (such as Minoxidil) to give an added boost to the nitric oxide uptake in the scalp (to stimulate hair growth). It's all explained very well on this site. Theoretically, treatments like Folligen reduce the amount of superoxide--which destroys hair--released by the immune system in the scalp. Basically this makes it *much* easier for Minoxidil to do it's work. I'm hopeful... and it seems a safer route to go (to start with at least) than interfering with hormones.

btw--thanks for the link gumbo! That's encouraging news.

G

AWESOME!!!

where do i get FOLLIGEN and do i apply it before or after the minoxidil application? plus its price...thanx..

Afro Thunder

Luther007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you can buy it off of this site dude, i think it's about $20 for a month's supply. A little pricy, but way cheaper than propecia! It's usually used once a day after spraying on some minoxidil. Check it out.