formercurly's story

formercurly

Reaction score
Hello group. I'd ran into this web site a couple times within the last couple of months but I decided to take the time and register. Well, here goes my story.

I am 27 years old now. At 16 I noticed that I had started to lose a piece of my right side hairline (i.e. right temple). Being that my father was about a Norwood 3 at the time and my maternal grandfather was a Norwood 7, I was on my way to follow their footsteps. But regardless my curly head was so full of thick hair that even with wet hair you couldn't see any of my scalp. My father told me to start massaging my scalp because that was going to stop the process. I did for six months, saw no results and got tired of the hassel. So at the time I just accepted that I was going to be bald at 40 or 50. At about twenty my left side started receding. It had been progressing slowly ever since. I didn't lose sleep over the situation until about two years ago that I started to see thinning on top resembling that "horse-shoe shape" and seemed it was progressing rapidly. At the time my paternal half-brother (now 40) was a Norwood 7 at age 30, so that started to worry me that I was going to be a Norwood 7 at 30! SORRY IF YOUR BORED BY NOW!

I did nothing about it (i'm a procrastinator) until I bought a 1- month supply of Rogaine 5% on May 1, 2004 and until then I started doing research on the net as I started to apply Rogaine twice daily. I ran into Xandox (5% minoxidil with azeliac acid) and decided to go an that regimen after my Rogaine finished. I went through a slight shedding period and at month 4 (September 2004)of using Xandrox I started to see some new, long light vellous hairs on my temple areas. It seemed as it they were starting to darken also.

Then on November 27, 2004 I started to use Xandrox 5% in the morning and Xandrox 15% at night. One month later I started to go through some heavy shedding :( It seemed as if I was going from a Norwood 2 to a Norwood 5! Also it seemed like if I had lost what I had gained.

Now I have not shed any further but have not yet recovered from that shed. I still have hair on top but there is a noticeable "horse-shape" which follows the pattern of where I apply the solutions. I still haven't noticed any hair thickening in that area, but I'll stick with the regimen and see what happens in the months to come. By the way, I have felt skeptical about success with these products from day one but nonetheless I've been very compliant about my daily applications. Any feed back on success with Xandrox would be very reassuring and appreciated.

THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME TO READ THIS AND I'LL APRECIATE SOME FEED BACK!

formercurly

Reaction score
buffboy,

According to Dr. Lee, the azelaic acid in Xandrox does the job of the finasteride. Any comments?

jrg

Established Member
Reaction score
that's what he says. People make all sorts of claim even citing real scientific evidence. Point is, a medically or statistically significant result might not be cosmetically significant enough to warrant that extra amount spent.