Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
474
Scar tissue is never gonna be doing us any favors in terms of hair growth IMO.

IMO there may be an argument for sunburns having (usefully) different effects. But that has to be weighed against the permanent UV damage.

Abrasions can be powerful for provoking healing responses. But between Follica and the last 100+ years of cosmetic industry (dearmabrasion, etc) that territory has already been explored.

I think Follica's wounding method is probably as good as it gets in the foreseeable future (for hair-regrowth purposes). They found a way to use needles and get the healing reactions of a deeper wound + the recovery process of a less-intense one. Follica has been a big disappointment on the drug side of the approach but they did good work on the wounding refinement IMO.


I'm still a big believer that Follica's core idea (skin wounding + drugs = new hair) is good. Great, in fact. There is enough scattered anecdotal evidence in the medical world to suggest that the human body is capable of growing all-new terminal hairs that way.

But after 15 years of research, Follica has epic-failed to produce any practical treatment progress (on the drug front). I dunno what else we can do here.
 
Last edited:

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
143

pegasus2

Senior Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5,026
This is super great news. They're aiming for FDA approval next year... This + pyrilutamide phase 3 this year. Everything's coming up Milhouse.
I'm glad it's finally going to be available in clinics, but it's $3,000 for something you can do at home for $200. It might be worth it if you live close to a place that offers it just so you don't have to wound yourself, but this is something a lot of us have already done ourselves, and the results of that are sometimes better than the results that Follica has reported.
 

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
143
I'm glad it's finally going to be available in clinics, but it's $3,000 for something you can do at home for $200. It might be worth it if you live close to a place that offers it just so you don't have to wound yourself, but this is something a lot of us have already done ourselves, and the results of that are sometimes better than the results that Follica has reported.
It's true that a lot of people got great results from wounding + min, but I wonder how many actually got the neogenesis which follica claims to be able to achieve? I suppose if you got the neogenesis the results might be longer lasting (just my guess).
Anyway, one thing I'm wondering is why they're looking to sell it as "x6 treatments" only. I would've thought they'd have tried to make this an ongoing treatment (more money for them that way).
 

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
88
I'm glad it's finally going to be available in clinics, but it's $3,000 for something you can do at home for $200. It might be worth it if you live close to a place that offers it just so you don't have to wound yourself, but this is something a lot of us have already done ourselves, and the results of that are sometimes better than the results that Follica has reported.
Follica is claiming 75% chance of strong hair growth effect, 25% chance of modest effect. That sounds a lot higher than what we get with microneedling at home, doesn't it?
 

pegasus2

Senior Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5,026
It's true that a lot of people got great results from wounding + min, but I wonder how many actually got the neogenesis which follica claims to be able to achieve? I suppose if you got the neogenesis the results might be longer lasting (just my guess).
Anyway, one thing I'm wondering is why they're looking to sell it as "x6 treatments" only. I would've thought they'd have tried to make this an ongoing treatment (more money for them that way).
I don't believe them. They got neogenesis in mice, not humans. If they really got de novo HFs then the results would be better. I don't think they want to cause cancer by keeping skin permanently wounded.
Follica is claiming 75% chance of strong hair growth effect, 25% chance of modest effect. That sounds a lot higher than what we get with microneedling at home, doesn't it?

Did you look at the pictures in the video? Moderate hair growth is 12%. Strong hair growth is 44% lol. Yeah, tons of us have done better than that
 

pegasus2

Senior Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5,026
are they still using minoxidil as their main growth stimulant?
Yes, he confirmed in the video that it will only be needing and minoxidil. For anything else they will have to do more clinical trials so you can forget about that. With hair multiplication coming I doubt Follica v2 will ever see the light of day
 

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
143
I don't believe them. They got neogenesis in mice, not humans. If they really got de novo HFs then the results would be better. I don't think they want to cause cancer by keeping skin permanently wounded.
In the video Bhardwaj says they did scalp biopsies to confirm follicle neogenesis in humans. I don't think he'd so blatantly lie because it's illegal (I think)! I do wonder where the massive price tag comes from. I guess it's because they spent so much money on R&D for this product.
Good point about the cancer; I guess it's up to the patient to figure out how to maintain their new hairs afterwards.
 

pegasus2

Senior Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5,026
In the video Bhardwaj says they did scalp biopsies to confirm follicle neogenesis in humans. I don't think he'd so blatantly lie because it's illegal (I think)! I do wonder where the massive price tag comes from. I guess it's because they spent so much money on R&D for this product.
Good point about the cancer; I guess it's up to the patient to figure out how to maintain their new hairs afterwards.
Depends what they call new hairs. By their definition you could say we are getting new hairs too. They aren't doing anything we can't do at home
 

pegasus2

Senior Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5,026
So 6 sessions in 3 months... How long will results last though?

Weird
One of the microneedling studies showed results declining at 6 months, so a good bit longer than minoxidil results
 

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
738
This guys are 10 years late, thats for sure. But its such a massive and under served market that even overpriced stuff like Fol-04 will thrive only because it is effective to some degree.

Hair Transplant clinics and similars are still making millions selling crap like prp and exosomes (lol). Really sad, but thats how things are.
 
Last edited:

glammetal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
102
Let's suppose that you get an fue. If you then have the follica treatment at your donor area would that bring new hair follicles? In that case you would have a greater or even unlimited donour area??? What do you guys believe??
 

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
304
Let's suppose that you get an fue. If you then have the follica treatment at your donor area would that bring new hair follicles? In that case you would have a greater or even unlimited donour area??? What do you guys believe??
That is what verteporfin is for . But as long as you need minoxidil to keep terminal , its just a matter of time before the will fade away
 

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
343
Hi guys,

A lot are saying " Follica is using Minoxidil, so, it's sh*t " !


Don't forget two things :

> Minoxidil solutions actually uses "poor" vehicles ( eth/pg/water or Eth/glycerin/water), some good vehicle can enhance 500% or more the effectivness of a drug...so, it's totally possible Follica to use a new efficient vehicle.

> Minoxidil sulphate is the active metabolite of minoxidil. Very powerfull and works in ALL People ( on the contrary of minoxidil). Problem with sulphate minoxidil is the stability...but...some research founds way to stabilise it with some ascorbate derivatives....

Btw....they could enhance Minoxidil with others synergistic stuff too....

And...Add to this the fact than follica isn't "standard wounding".

Maybe follica will give us suprise....wait !
 

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
56
Hi guys,

A lot are saying " Follica is using Minoxidil, so, it's sh*t " !


Don't forget two things :

> Minoxidil solutions actually uses "poor" vehicles ( eth/pg/water or Eth/glycerin/water), some good vehicle can enhance 500% or more the effectivness of a drug...so, it's totally possible Follica to use a new efficient vehicle.

> Minoxidil sulphate is the active metabolite of minoxidil. Very powerfull and works in ALL People ( on the contrary of minoxidil). Problem with sulphate minoxidil is the stability...but...some research founds way to stabilise it with some ascorbate derivatives....

Btw....they could enhance Minoxidil with others synergistic stuff too....

And...Add to this the fact than follica isn't "standard wounding".

Maybe follica will give us suprise....wait !
Maybe a few drop of DMSO in your minoxidil on needling days would help .
 
Top