Follica - Good News!

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The raw limits of anti-androgen treatment are already established and they are not very satisfactory in terms of regrowth. No better anti-androgen drug is likely to ever surpass that. This is like hoping for a new brand of coffee to wake you up better than caffeine itself is capable of doing at any safe dosage. Forget it.

As for Follica going systemic - everything topical goes systemic. That doesn't prevent topical products from existing. Some things go more systemic than others. Some things are more harmful when taken systemically than others.

Follica won't fix everything but looks pretty viable for some regrowth and it's relatively close to the market. So what? That doesn't prove some other treatment won't work just as well or better. Get over it.

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
Who is saying Follica won’t work ?! Who says that has mental problem, really!

Follica will work but won’t bring Norwood 7 to Norwood 1, you should combine it with hair transplant.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
for me the main question Follica: Will new hair fall out?
İf we think about that it should grow NEW hair we should also think that it could keep our old hair, or it won't be strong enough to grow new hair in the first place

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
It will grow new hair and make you old weak hair stronger. The existing string hair will remain the same. Now if you stop the treatment you will loose what you gained by RAIN

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now if you stop the treatment you will loose what you gained by RAIN

I don't see a strong basis for that.

Hairs created by needling & wounding don't normally need medical assistance just to stay alive for a while. 5+ years at least.

Follica's use of minoxidil would inevitably cause some minoxidil-influenced regrowth and that portion of it might be lost without continued med usage. But I don't think that will be the case for all the gains it offers.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure if this is new or not but the Puretech Pipeline website ( http://puretechhealth.com/our-pipeline/wound-induced-neogenesis-rain ) appears to have some minor adjustments. They are calling it “Abrasion Induced Neogenesis”. So it sounds like RAIN is an acronym for Regenerative Abrasion Induced Neogenesis. They still seem to be on target for their 2018 trial although it looks like there will be 2 trials, a pre-pivotal and pivotal, one on top of the other: “Our regenerative biology program is currently progressing into a pre-pivotal pilot optimization study expected to start in early 2018, with a pivotal trial expected to begin in the first half of 2018”

From PinotQ hairlosscure

br1

Reaction score
To think this "good news" thread started 10 (TEN) years ago..

NimuDash

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure if this is new or not but the Puretech Pipeline website ( http://puretechhealth.com/our-pipeline/wound-induced-neogenesis-rain ) appears to have some minor adjustments. They are calling it “Abrasion Induced Neogenesis”. So it sounds like RAIN is an acronym for Regenerative Abrasion Induced Neogenesis. They still seem to be on target for their 2018 trial although it looks like there will be 2 trials, a pre-pivotal and pivotal, one on top of the other: “Our regenerative biology program is currently progressing into a pre-pivotal pilot optimization study expected to start in early 2018, with a pivotal trial expected to begin in the first half of 2018”

From PinotQ hairlosscure
Don't worry about Abrasion since it is a medical term for wounding.
o_O:mad: But yeah, more damn trials, can they push this sh*t out already? More and more looks like 2020 release.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't worry about Abrasion since it is a medical term for wounding.
o_O:mad: But yeah, more damn trials, can they push this sh*t out already? More and more looks like 2020 release.
I'm just the messenger :) yeah it really looks like a 2019-2020 release, still don't know if they will ever release lol

Rolandconil

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To think this "good news" thread started 10 (TEN) years ago..
if I'm not mistaken, then everything changed in 2014. Originally there was a different approach, another way of injuring (see photo) and another device. the wound was big, so I said that PolarityTE is similar to Follica.

I use google translate

B95DABE6-28CB-4CEF-A173-03702DD7D918.png B02DEA89-2536-4028-B580-466EF8D8C480.png 35940227-6D18-4D7C-8A77-1B82005837B9.png 2A009431-EE1C-48ED-89CF-D9B8AD762044.png

Hairismylife

Established Member
Reaction score
Can Follica be commercialized in early 2019? Every one day is a torture to me. Words can't even convey my feelings.