Fluridil side effects... this is ridiculous now.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously now, just f*** me. There must be something wrong with me when it comes to anti-androgens, but this past week I started getting side effects from Fluridil/Eucapil.

I have tested this multiple times now using the time-honored psychosomatic-proof method of semen volume... and it works like clockwork. Fluridil the night before, barely a few drops. No fluridil the night before... a normal, messy, I-need-to-clean-things-up-now amount. Add to that a slight brain fog and decreased libido.

Seriously, just f*** me. Is there ANYTHING I can use?

I didn't want to believe it, as Fluridil is supposed to be side effect free because it breaks down instantly in water. But think about that... if it broke down *instantly* in water, it could have no effect on you... cells in your body are made mostly of water.

After more searching, I'm finding reports on Hairsite of some pretty ugly side effects.

Anyhow, I'm at a loss now. If I clearly can't use anti-androgens... what can I use. Should I go anti-inflammatory all the way?

StevenS

Reaction score
I've had morning wood every morning for as long as I can remember. Started taking proscar quartered and immediately noticed:
no morning wood
definite on psychological decrease in libido
my semen is all watery.... this one freaks me out the most

can't be sure its related but:
drowsiness/dizziness

Hopefully its my body reacting to the new drug and within two weeks I'm mellow out!

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
I had horrible side from fluridil and topical spironolactone.

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
I got side effects from fluridil too... I'm pretty sure it's due to fluridil...
I stopped finasteride on january, tried topical spironolactone for 3 weeks and stopped it since I felt strong pain under my nipples and beginning to feel some added fat under my nipples (start of a gyno...). I moved on to fluridil at the end of January. Since then my sexual state have been pretty ok. I never recovered completely from the finasteride side effects, never got my morning wood back, but I was able to have sex and had "medium" libido. Trying to put it into %, I would say the while on finasteride I was at 50% of my normal libido and quality of erection, and while using fluridil I recovered to 75% of my normal pre-finasteride usage. But lately the side effects had become much worse... pretty sure it's fluridil, stopped using it two weeks ago, still no improvement, I would say that I'm now at 40-50%...
Too bad, I really started to think it's magical cure, convinient topical (dry fast, no color or smell) and no side effect... well, I was wrong...
On the effectiveness I have to say that fluridil is working great, I had almost zero shedding, but now I'll lose it all... I cant tolerate such a strong side effects...
I ordered applepoly, probably my last try before accepting hairloss.

jakeb and ugh: how long it took you to recover from the side effects?

beaner

Reaction score
I'm not sure how you guys are getting sides from Fluridil since due to it's chemical nature it would break down immediately if it actually entered the bloodstream. It really doesn't seem possible to be experiencing systemic side effects.

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
beaner said:
I'm not sure how you guys are getting sides from Fluridil since due to it's chemical nature it would break down immediately if it actually entered the bloodstream. It really doesn't seem possible to be experiencing systemic side effects.

This is the reason I chose fluridil in the first place. After reading their research articles it looked like magic: good receptor blocker without any sides. I have no idea what's happening... I don't think it's any psychological effect, since in the last few months I was so happy that I finally found something that almost halt hairloss completely without any sides.

Just a crazy guess: since jakeb and I experienced sides at almost the same time, maybe it's a bad batch???
other (maybe more logical) option might be: It takes time for it to break in the blood, so some still effect systemically.
A more crazy guess could be that they simply lied in the articles, and they are selling us flutamide instead of fluridil...

Anyway I have no idea...

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
I took hormonal blood tests about two and a half weeks after stopping fluridil.
Background: I stopped finasteride 8 months ago due to sexual sides, during this period of fluridil usage I felt that I only "half" recovered from finasteride, and I thought its the finasteride's fault only, about 1.5 months ago (no finasteride in last 8 months, using only topicals: fluridil, prox-N, foam, aminexil, foltene) sides suddenly became strong.

Results:

TESTOSTERONE- TOTAL: 20.8 (range: 8.4 - 28.7) - OK

PROLACTIN: 244.8 (range: 375.0- 45.0 ) - OK

ESTRADIOL (E-2): 224 (range: 0.0 - 191.0 ) - BAD!

FSH: 1.2 (range: 1.4 - 18.1) - BAD!

PROGESTERONE: 4.6 (range: 0.89 - 3.88 ) - BAD!

DHEA SULPHATE: 12.80 (range: 15.20- 2.17) - OK

So my Estradiol, Progesterone are too high and my Fsh is too low. Right now about a month after stopping fluridil I still suffer from strong side effects, I doubt that those hormones will lower to normal on themselves easily, so I gonna try get some E-lower drug from the Doctor. Maybe I'll try the herbal supp DIM, anyone had any experience with that?

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been reading more about side effects of finasteride over on propeciahelp.com... and the leading theory about why finasteride messes ssome people up goes like this:

[*] Finasteride blocks conversion of testosterone to DHT
[*] This causes a rise in overall testosterone in the body
[*] Elevated levels of testosterone for extended periods of time can cause the HPTA (hypothalamus pituitary testes axis) to shut down (this is what happens to many bodybuilders who supplement testoterone) because the body doesn't feel like it needs to produce testosterone anymore since levels are too high
[*] Estrogen levels then rise and cause the hormonal feedback loop to stay depressed

So, if this has happened to you... your ability to produce the right hormone balance is really really comprised and until things get back to normal (which may take awhile). It's weak and it doesn't take much to kick it back to the curb.

So previously innocent things like Fluridil and Green Tea are now enough to cause bad things to happen.

e reed

Established Member
Reaction score
Re:

ugh said:
I had horrible side from fluridil and topical spironolactone.

You got sides form spironolactone? Are you sure that was the cause?

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jakeb said:
I've been reading more about side effects of finasteride over on propeciahelp.com... and the leading theory about why finasteride messes ssome people up goes like this:

[*] Finasteride blocks conversion of testosterone to DHT
[*] This causes a rise in overall testosterone in the body
[*] Elevated levels of testosterone for extended periods of time can cause the HPTA (hypothalamus pituitary testes axis) to shut down (this is what happens to many bodybuilders who supplement testoterone) because the body doesn't feel like it needs to produce testosterone anymore since levels are too high
[*] Estrogen levels then rise and cause the hormonal feedback loop to stay depressed

So, if this has happened to you... your ability to produce the right hormone balance is really really comprised and until things get back to normal (which may take awhile). It's weak and it doesn't take much to kick it back to the curb.

So previously innocent things like Fluridil and Green Tea are now enough to cause bad things to happen.

No. Fluridil is a TOPICAL treatment, thus it reduces scalp DHT. Not overall DHT which is what finasteride does, and is notably different.

Same with spironolactone. I don't see how this is possible ..

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
There is always some % that is absorbed into the blood stream, and I guess that there are people (probably very very low %) who are extremly sensitive to any hormonal change.

We have four people who reported side from fluridil: jakeb, ugh, kris50 and me.

Like ugh, I also had sides from topical spironolactone. In both topicals (spironolactone and fluridil), I did blood tests that showed increase amount of feminine hormones (Estrogen and progestrone), and decrease in FSH (responsibile for sperm quality), so I'm sure the sides are for real and not psycological. (I also had sides from finasteride before trying all this topicals...)

Why some people are so sensitive, and other (like you) have no sides at all? I wish I knew.

e reed

Established Member
Reaction score
Beethoven said:
There is always some % that is absorbed into the blood stream, and I guess that there are people (probably very very low %) who are extremly sensitive to any hormonal change.

We have four people who reported side from fluridil: jakeb, ugh, kris50 and me.

Like ugh, I also had sides from topical spironolactone. In both topicals (spironolactone and fluridil), I did blood tests that showed increase amount of feminine hormones (Estrogen and progestrone), and decrease in FSH (responsibile for sperm quality), so I'm sure the sides are for real and not psycological. (I also had sides from finasteride before trying all this topicals...)

Why some people are so sensitive, and other (like you) have no sides at all? I wish I knew.

How long were you using the topicals before you had side effects?

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
I started Fluridil shortly after I quit Finasteride. After about a month, I began to think that the Fluridil was causing side effects, but convinced myself this wasn't possible and thought maybe it was just a lingering effect from the Finasteride. But after the 3rd month, I decided to try taking a few days off to see how I felt... felt great and the placebo-proof symptom -- semen volume -- came right back. Went back on for a few days, things turned south again. I did this a few times to be sure.

In any case, topicals do get absobed into the blood by a certain extent. Topical 17a-estradiol made me feel like I was going to die.

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride about 11 months, quit due to weak erections, zero libido and some brain fog. Immediately after stopping finasteride, I started topical spironolactone (Dr Lee's). 5 days after stopping finasteride there was also some improvment in erections, but about 2-3 weeks later I started feeling strong pain under my nipples and like the begininng of some "lumps". I stopped spironolactone and did blood tests that showed high Estrogen and high progesterone (can't be sure how much was finasteride's fault and how much spironolactone's fault). I think it was my fault, since I was in such panic after stopping finasteride that I'll lose my hair that I applied spironolactone three times a day, and probably in high amounts...
Moving on to fluridil: I started fluridil few days after stopping spironolactone, been on it about 6-7 months, and I was sure I found "the cure" - no shedding and no sides. Sides suddenly appeared, as I wrote I did blood tests and Estrogen and progesterone were even higher than last test.

Today I'm 30 days after stopping fluridil, still having very weak erections. Tried arginine+horeny goat weed+maca+korean ginseng, I'm not sure if they done anything. I have an appointment to the Endo next week, I hope he'll give me Arimidex (strong estrogen inhibitor). In case he'll refuse I'll have two options: order from the net (risk of getting fake) or just wait a few months until my body will return the hormonal balance on its own (I don't like this options, since I'm avoiding dates with girls right now :( )

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Re:

Beethoven said:
I took hormonal blood tests about two and a half weeks after stopping fluridil.
Background: I stopped finasteride 8 months ago due to sexual sides, during this period of fluridil usage I felt that I only "half" recovered from finasteride, and I thought its the finasteride's fault only, about 1.5 months ago (no finasteride in last 8 months, using only topicals: fluridil, prox-N, foam, aminexil, foltene) sides suddenly became strong.

Results:

TESTOSTERONE- TOTAL: 20.8 (range: 8.4 - 28.7) - OK

PROLACTIN: 244.8 (range: 375.0- 45.0 ) - OK

ESTRADIOL (E-2): 224 (range: 0.0 - 191.0 ) - BAD!

FSH: 1.2 (range: 1.4 - 18.1) - BAD!

PROGESTERONE: 4.6 (range: 0.89 - 3.88 ) - BAD!

DHEA SULPHATE: 12.80 (range: 15.20- 2.17) - OK

So my Estradiol, Progesterone are too high and my Fsh is too low. Right now about a month after stopping fluridil I still suffer from strong side effects, I doubt that those hormones will lower to normal on themselves easily, so I gonna try get some E-lower drug from the Doctor. Maybe I'll try the herbal supp DIM, anyone had any experience with that?

Mate your e2 is ridiculous you need to get this under control

FSH is VERY low. These are finasteride victim levels. But don't be alarmed you can fix them.

The high progesterone shouldn't be a real concern, dont worry about it.

Get your e2 down. Consult with your doctor how you want to go about this one.

Yes ive tried DIM. No real use. Your levels are too high (imo) to rely on any of these mild anti-estrogens (zinc, DIM etc) you'll need arimidex or aromasin imo.

I would like to see your thyroid bloods

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Beethoven said:
I've been on finasteride about 11 months, quit due to weak erections, zero libido and some brain fog. Immediately after stopping finasteride, I started topical spironolactone (Dr Lee's). 5 days after stopping finasteride there was also some improvment in erections, but about 2-3 weeks later I started feeling strong pain under my nipples and like the begininng of some "lumps". I stopped spironolactone and did blood tests that showed high Estrogen and high progesterone (can't be sure how much was finasteride's fault and how much spironolactone's fault). I think it was my fault, since I was in such panic after stopping finasteride that I'll lose my hair that I applied spironolactone three times a day, and probably in high amounts...
Moving on to fluridil: I started fluridil few days after stopping spironolactone, been on it about 6-7 months, and I was sure I found "the cure" - no shedding and no sides. Sides suddenly appeared, as I wrote I did blood tests and Estrogen and progesterone were even higher than last test.

Today I'm 30 days after stopping fluridil, still having very weak erections. Tried arginine+horeny goat weed+maca+korean ginseng, I'm not sure if they done anything. I have an appointment to the Endo next week, I hope he'll give me Arimidex (strong estrogen inhibitor). In case he'll refuse I'll have two options: order from the net (risk of getting fake) or just wait a few months until my body will return the hormonal balance on its own (I don't like this options, since I'm avoiding dates with girls right now :( )

pm me if you need advice on bloods, sources or whatever else buddy.