First watery load.. After being on finasteride for 8 months?

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you understand what finasteride does to your body? It shrinks your prostate; the prostate secretes seminal fluid. Having watery semen on this drug is "normal" if you consider destroying your most potent androgen normal

Tottenham

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you understand what finasteride does to your body? It shrinks your prostate; the prostate secretes seminal fluid. Having watery semen on this drug is "normal" if you consider destroying your most potent androgen normal

yes i get that but why now suddenly after 8 monthss of being fine?

How long have you been taking finasteride?

8 months

g.i joey

Reaction score

lol the reason for watery semen is just cause prostate shrinks which means consistency of fluid will be more watery and generally a smaller load, not because your destroying your most potent androgen, besides the fact that it only reduces it by 70% so get your facts a little more straight before you decide to bash finasteride just because you're not taking it.

jd_uk

Reaction score
lol the reason for watery semen is just cause prostate shrinks which means consistency of fluid will be more watery and generally a smaller load, not because your destroying your most potent androgen, besides the fact that it only reduces it by 70% so get your facts a little more straight before you decide to bash finasteride just because you're not taking it.

I still don't understand the watery semen thing... it is sperm which makes semen a creamy/white colour so surely then reducing the prostate fluid should make it thicker and not more watery? Watery semen can sometimes be a sign of low sperm count.

nate30

Reaction score
yes i get that but why now suddenly after 8 monthss of being fine?

I see a lot of guys on here saying that if you don't have problems after several months on the drug, you're home free. That is patently false. I took the drug for a few years before the sides caught up with me to the point that I had to quit. Part of the reason finasteride is so insidious for some men is that the sides can creep up very gradually, to the point where you don't precisely realize what's happening.

Anyway, yes watery ejaculate is a very common side from Finasteride. I wouldn't be too concerned if your libido is still good, if you're still getting morning erections, if you haven't lost any sensitivity. Just good to keep an eye on things and be honest with yourself if you do notice those kinds of changes.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score

I mean, the prostate shrinks because you're destroying your DHT... 70% is a lot. Especially if you don't know your DHT value. I thought I had high DHT and it turns out that my DHT is only 1 unit above the minimum value. So if I took finasteride I would have around 5-6 units of DHT.... Which is horrible for the male body

g.i joey

Reaction score
I still don't understand the watery semen thing... it is sperm which makes semen a creamy/white colour so surely then reducing the prostate fluid should make it thicker and not more watery? Watery semen can sometimes be a sign of low sperm count.

My sperm is still creamy/white to be honest the only difference I notice is that it slides around more rather than stay firm when I finish lol. but I also take fri sat sun off of finasteride so I may be restoring some of my DHT before nuking it again for 4 days

Tottenham

Established Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of guys on here saying that if you don't have problems after several months on the drug, you're home free. That is patently false. I took the drug for a few years before the sides caught up with me to the point that I had to quit. Part of the reason finasteride is so insidious for some men is that the sides can creep up very gradually, to the point where you don't precisely realize what's happening.

Anyway, yes watery ejaculate is a very common side from Finasteride. I wouldn't be too concerned if your libido is still good, if you're still getting morning erections, if you haven't lost any sensitivity. Just good to keep an eye on things and be honest with yourself if you do notice those kinds of changes.

Thank you for your post, much appreciated

abcdefg

Reaction score
I mean, the prostate shrinks because you're destroying your DHT... 70% is a lot. Especially if you don't know your DHT value. I thought I had high DHT and it turns out that my DHT is only 1 unit above the minimum value. So if I took finasteride I would have around 5-6 units of DHT.... Which is horrible for the male body

Whether that is horrible for your body or not is an open debate. The drug was modeled on the people in Dominican republic that live their whole lives without this horrible androgen and they live fine normal lives with the exception of keeping all their hair. Could it hurt your sex drive or throw other hormones out of whack? Sure but whether it is horrible or not is an open topic
No one is taking propecia because they enjoy the sides or risks they simply want to keep their hair. To some people its worth it