First timer to the board

stuglue

Reaction score
Hello everyone this is my first post.I've been reading the various threads in he other sections.I myself am 31 years old.I would'nt say i have obvious hairloss.Certainly nobody has ever said "are you losing your hair?"or "are you going bald?"but it certainly isn't as thick as it was when i was 19 20 years old,obviously.That's the thing though,i had long hair when i was that age and plenty of it.Now though it has slowly made it's ay further up the temples.I don't have a bald patch at the back of my head but it is much thinner at the front and sides.Genetically i should'nt go bald,my dad has a lt of hair and it is still very thick,he is 55 years old.His dad and my mum's dad both died with a full had of hair so no-one on either side of my family has a history of baldness.After doing a bit of searching on the net i found Nourkrin.Their were other products but i am loathe to buy stuff over the net so i started on Nourkrin as i can buy it locally.Thing is it is expensive 50quid amonth.It is a 6 month program and i've been taking it for about 3 and a half months.My mum noticed by saying "god,your hair is growing quick"after having it cut the length grew back very quickly.
After reading quite a few of your post's it seems like the side effects outweigh the benefits(low sex drive,excessive shedding,flaky skin).I do suffer from dry skin and have had to change my shampoo as it made the skin on my face sore.So Minoxidil sounds like a no-no.Anything with a product calledBenzyl Alcohol gives me terrible swollen eyes and dry skin so i cannot have anything with that in.Some of these products sound very strong,so i will probably avoid them.Does anyone else use or have used Nourkrin here?I am curious because it has made my hair grow much quicker but i am still waiting for the hairs to grow back on my temple and the front.I look forward to hear your responses.If this is in the wrong section feel free to move it.

stuglue

Reaction score
That's me in the avatar by the way.It's a bit small but that photo is only 2 weeks old.Hairloss isn't bad.I just want the hair i had 10 years ago

newguy2006

Established Member
Reaction score
I would drop the Nourkin. There are a million different supplements people come out with to make a buck off those who are losing their hair. None of them ever work. It's best to choose the remedies that are backed by science, not sketchy testimonials.

If I were you I'd start on one of the following regimens:

Finasteride 1mg/day
minoxidil 5% twice daily
Nizoral shampoo eod

or

spironolactone 5% cream twice daily
minoxidil 5% twice daily
Nizoral shampoo eod

or

spironolactone 5% once daily
Revivogen once daily
minoxidil 5% twice daily
Nizoral shampoo eod

PS - This isn't a success story. No one reads this forum much anyway. Try to post in the appropriate place.

stuglue

Reaction score
Does anybody here recommend Nourkrin or am i wasting my cash?Some of these stories i've read about aching testes,increased heart rate and flaky scalps worry me.Sorry which section shold i post in?

DownTheDrain

Reaction score
stuglue said:
Does anybody here recommend Nourkrin or am i wasting my cash?

Well I have been using Nourkrin since December 2005 and honestly, it hasn't made that much of a difference. The only thing I have noticed is that my hair fallout has reduced in March. I have quite fragile hair. I have not really found any new regrowth. But I plan to use it for about a year just to see what happens.

I don't think I am in the position at the moment to recommend it.

I understand the reasons why you do not want to take finasteride, I have the same fear of the side effects. Somehow I think that I may have to go down that route soon.

newguy2006

Established Member
Reaction score
The vast majority of people have no side effects with finasteride. Minoxidil sometimes causes itchy/flaky scalp in some people, but that can be countered with Nizoral shampoo (which you should be using anyway) and aloe (which is dirt-cheap) or emu oil if you really need to. Minoxidil hasn't been a problem at all for me and I use it twice daily.

If you're 100% against using finasteride than you can always try a topical inhibitor (spironolactone, for example) instead, as is listed in the 2nd and 3rd regimens I suggested.

stuglue

Reaction score
The thing i noticed from using Nourkrin is their are less hairs in the bath when i get out.How much do these products Nizoral and finasteride cost?