first FUE, you can only hope you made the right choice in time

shookwun

Reaction score
Good stuff.

It truly takes 12 months.
It took me 8 months before I felt like I had a decent result. Everyone's different but anything under 6 months is way to early to Guage the ouutcome

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Glad the second procedure has gone well. Hopefully see more positive updates over the coming year! I don't think that hairline is bad at all and lets how how you are in one years time. Hopefully the density will improve in those implanted areas including the crown. I guess that would be the icing.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
got a haircut last night and wanted to post up some pics. About 5.5 months now. When dried and combed in good light of course it looks great, when wet and messy in mehhhhhhhhh light its what you would expect I guess.

So far Im still happy and remaining positive. This is REALLY short again. In the past I had to grow my hair out REALLY long comparitively to get even remotely similar results in appearance and feared the wind with a passion.

h1.jpg

its a bit grainy because my phone took such a HUGE pic and I had to cut it down before I put it just now. I may try to take a smaller image and see if its less grainy but either way this is how your eyes would perceive it. I was actually somewhere recently and a conversation of something came up and then Statham. One girl thought he was a super hot guy (let it be known this GIRL was in no way super hot lol....). Anyway it led me to talk about hair loss and she said "why are you worried your hair is fine". I was just about to say, "well better anyway after TWO transplants" but held back for certain reasons. Not out of embarrassment but it just wasnt the place or time to bring that up, and THANKFULLY my friend kept his mouth shut who was with me.

filled.jpg

IF you look at the over head view youll see where I marked it out. the red is areas where it was filled. The yellow is basically areas that were at least 90% empty. IF you look at the first pic in my OP here

photo+1.JPG

you can really see just how empty this all was. My front was seriously joined with the crown at this point and the island had pretty much emerged. The front center was almost completely diminished and I had ZERO temples.

Now as some may have read in my other comment in the "impact" section, I recently did a run where my head got wet and messy and I took a REALLY bad shot. In all my hair is better, Id give anything to be able to reduce my MASSIVE forehead region but until something better comes along I think that is a pipedream.

Heres that pic

Untitled.jpg

After seeing this I was a little disheartened but I think you have to realize a photographed hair transplant with any overgrowth is just not going to look great, and honestly its still better than THIS pic from this run I took a couple years ago before any of this

eww.jpg

TRUST ME when I say it is.
GOD THAT FOREHEAD!

I would love to go somewhere where they could give me a fake lowered hairline for a day and just see how it looks and How I would walk around different. Maybe someone here could give me some tips on how I could surgically reduce some of that billboard space?
The Doctor said he was pretty much against lowering it because
1) future donor need elsewhere
2) it would just not look natural at all
3) you cant get the density needed for that to look "good"

Id REALLY love to try using body hair and put those AWFUL AWFUL Italian genes to work FOR ME for a change

I go for my 6 month soon and Im going to see how everything is looking then and talk about maybe doing a SMALL procedure using body hair. The guy is cool and perhaps I could smigoal in something for a deal.

Attachments

• IMG_20150818_172641.jpg
    IMG_20150818_172641.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 826

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. I think from certain angles the forehead looks higher which you mentioned. Straight on it's pretty good so that's all that matters. The bottom line is it looks better than that pre hair transplant run picture. The difference currently is not that drastic as it's still early and also because you couldn't lower the hairline. But some of that corner area has reduced in size thanks to your hair transplant.

Overall all things considered, I would say everything is fine. Sure there is some loss here, there and density which you know of but the fact is if I saw you, you would blend in with most men out there especially slightly older ones.

It will continue to get better too. You said you're going to find a way to try and lower the hairline, that would be brilliant if it worked out.

I like the very first picture you posted. That style suits you. Looks masculine with the sides trimmed and grown out on top.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. I think from certain angles the forehead looks higher which you mentioned. Straight on it's pretty good so that's all that matters. The bottom line is it looks better than that pre hair transplant run picture. The difference currently is not that drastic as it's still early and also because you couldn't lower the hairline. But some of that corner area has reduced in size thanks to your hair transplant.

Overall all things considered, I would say everything is fine. Sure there is some loss here, there and density which you know of but the fact is if I saw you, you would blend in with most men out there especially slightly older ones.

It will continue to get better too. You said you're going to find a way to try and lower the hairline, that would be brilliant if it worked out.

I like the very first picture you posted. That style suits you. Looks masculine with the sides trimmed and grown out on top.

I did not notice that attached image. Dont even know how that happened. Well thats actually the first pic just not enlarged and cut, I took that at my buddies house right after the hair cut was rinsed and combed

Thanks

mukul97

My Regimen
Reaction score
So question, if you would have to do a fix or have another transplant later on down the road would you use the same Doctor? I was looking into hair transplant...until I found this thread. No but seriously I'm not sure about it and what started my whole "obsession" if you will is when I saw one of those Bosley commercials where Joey Fatone from N'Sync (looks like he's actually the face of their website now)was on there talking about how he had a hair transplant done by them. There are just so many options I have no clue which way to go. Oh heck...maybe I should just embrace my baldness and shave the rest of it...

I agreed.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agreed.

I would use the same Doctor BUT recently I wanted to go talk to him about more work and apparently he had to go back to the Philippines for a family emergency and no one knows if/when he is coming back. Im also wondering if he had a falling out with his partner and left and thats just what theyre saying but I have no proof and Ive tried looking him up and cant find anything.
His name is Dr Clark Tan and he is the best I have found and I did A LOT of searching and quite a few consultations.
If anyone knows where he is Id love to know! The center keeps trying to get me to come in but honestly I dont really feel comfortable with the other guy, dont know why, call it a hunch but I just dont feel I would get the same honesty and personal touch as I did With Clark.