First day I've cried in years.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Honestly I cant take it anymore ... I'm only 18 , it's not f*****g fair. I'm on Finpecia for the past 3 months and started using nizoral 5 days ago. Starting having two showers everyday just to give my hair volume , now it feels kinda pasty , good but pasty. Anyways I've thought my hair was doing great didn't notice anything until I missed a shower yesterday. I came back from school and stood under the lights and it reflected right back off my skull , it seems I've lost 50-60% of my hair over the last 6-7 months ... It's hell. Honestly people take their lives for granted . All I want is a normal head of hair... why do I have to endure this? Why not some middle-aged man or older? I was born with a large head which amplifies my baldness , I'm getting comments left right and center now. I just don't get the contrast between having a life without hairloss and one with hairloss. It seems like such a small thing? There has to be some link between becoming depressed and hairloss?

I've always had a good life , I'm well off , loads of friends etc. No-one would ever expect I'm this depressed.. I've always been seen as a happy person. People don't realise what I'm going through and I never want them to either. I don't want to be that depressed ,bald guy that no-one likes who takes drugs (which he bought off the internet i.e Finpecia) and hasn't told anyone about. Just give me a break , It's my Fu cking final tests year aswell before I go off to college , trying to sit down and study while ignoring the hair which has built up on my page. I don't want to tell my parents , it'd be too cruel to let them know how depressed I am at the moment.They dont need that , they're good people . I wanted to tell someone this , thats why I'm writing this now , I'm usually not the sort of person to express my feelings.

Anyways , I know you all suffer from this aswell , But to the older guys , consider yourself lucky. You aren't alone , there are millions of older men suffering from male pattern baldness etc. , us younger guys are different , the last person anyone wants to know.
Anyways Im going to try and be as normal as possible and ignore the suffering I have to endure. I need help though ... honestly I feel sick... Its hard living two separate lives? Its hard trying to be this happy,cheerful guy.. Its hard being something Im not..

"you're going so bald" its cruel........

Id give anything for a cure , seriously anything ... it's terrible that I actually would , but I cant help it. I know there are people worse off and I feel sorry for them , they dont deserve it either , but we are all on the same boat. I know this sounds stupid and imature , but there isn't a God. I'm sorry but it makes no sense , all this suffering in the world , genocide , fu cking famine etc. and yet people go out and kill for God . I know I sound stupid , I seem like I'm taking this too hard. But nobody gets it ... I sound like a fu cking EMO . Jesus I never thought it would come to this. It's insane how much an effect this had on me.

To make matters worse my fuc king pubic hairs and eyebrow/eyelash hair are falling out too! Wow isn't that great! Don't worry though I'd never tempt suicide or anything , seems stupid and pointless to me. But , life would seem alot less hostile and more content if people could just feel the way they want to . Guess that's it though , You can't have everything you want. Seems sometimes you can't have anything you want. Just think of the larger picture , not yourself . I've probably contridicted myself several times , but man has this been a long time coming. I've always wanted to do this , great stress reliever actually. , and if anyones actually read this far , well you obviously are the kind of person that the world needs more of.

I guess I just need to be stronger and not such a pathetic idiot .. hmmm . If anyone I knew read this they would never believe it was me. But , Its not like I'm the only one with problems. I used to look down on depressed people like the person I am expressing myself to be now. Never thought there was any use to being such a dispirited person , made no sense to me. Though I've only come to realise now that it is actually a disease , not something mentally enabled (though it can be under certain circumstances) nobody wants it.

Keyboard covered in hairs again! ain't that something ... it's never going to end , wow this is long , I wonder can I get to 60,000 , it's a long way off. This has calmed me down alot , not expected anyone to give me an answer , because I know you dont have any. I have to figure it out myself. Won't that be fun..

Damn , I feel like a twat for writing so much crap , Am I really this complicated? Probably going to laugh at this in an hour .. an hour of hairloss that is , every time I think of the future I think of losing more hair and how much balder I will look. I guess thats why some people think of suicide for their problems. Future is their enemy and whats the only way to end the future? exactly .. still some people dont get that chance to even have life. So why bother?

Anyways it's all gooood , might be back for a ramble some other time!
Cheers for reading , enjoy.

Emuler

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude seriously go to the Doctor, sounds like your suffering from something other than male pattern baldness, imean u stated ur losing pubic and brow/eyelash hairs, that sounds like a different problem to me. Another thing, are u on the big 3? if not give it a try. I know it sucks I can only imagine your frustration, I'm alot older @ least i can come to grips with my situation @ this point in my life. Anyhow good luck and seek other alternatives and don't hesitate to get diagnosed by a Doctor/dermatologist a.s.a.p.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what it could be? Im afraid of going to the Doctor as taking any tests will most likely pick up finasteride ... which I haven't told my parents about. Anyone give me any pointers?

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
decro435 said:
Anyone know what it could be? Im afraid of going to the Doctor as taking any tests will most likely pick up finasteride ... which I haven't told my parents about. Anyone give me any pointers?

eyebrows falling out is a symptom of hypothyroidism....which includes hair loss. google hypothyroidism and u'll find loads of info.

it sucks to lose at such a young age. i started thinning at 18/19...im now 32. i wish i knew back then what i know now. i would've worked out and got ripped..and then buzz my head. college would've been so much more fun and not worriesome of how my hair looked and if i could wear a hat to the bar we were going to.

good luck

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thats F-ing amazing , I've just found out about Hypothyrodism just as I read your post , This could be the answer! I seem to fall into alot of the catagories of symptoms!
Yet, its easy for people to think they something when they don't
But, My sister did have a thyroid problem , since I dont know whether thyroid problems have any genetic relations I can't say this means anything but it is interesting. Thanks for your help anyways!

guru

Reaction score
hypothyroidism is genetic. my mom has it so do i. get ur tsh, t3, t4 checked. good thing is if ur hypo, medication will reverse hairloss. good luck mate!

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
thyroid diseases's hairloss is usually alopecia areata, from what I know...and I think most of ppl with hypothiroidism are fat whereas ppl with hyper- are skinny.
I too searched answers for my hairloss but I think it is just genetic,there is nothing hiding on my system.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm not fat and don't want to jump to conclusions because I know a lot of people look for answers just because they don't want to face the truth , but I'll still look into this..

I'll go and get blood tests soon anyways. Does anyone know if finasteride will show up the tests that will be carried out?