Finasteride- how long to wait...?

charlieparker

Reaction score
The web site says wait a year. It has been almost 7 months and I see nothing different... Based on the description it would seem like if it doesn't work after 3 months, it wouldn't work at all. Should I keep waiting or what? Also, does the way your male pattern baldness works decide whether the drug will work or not? it seems like maybe that is the case based on some peoples opinions on the site. Thanks for the help.

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
what Norwood are you?

what dosage of finasteride are you taking?

havent experianced a decrease in shed at all?

charlieparker

Reaction score
It's been like almost two years since I noticed my hair starting to change. I've always had thick curly hair now it's pretty much slightly thinner all over my head with a little bit of recession by the temples. I started taking 1 pill of propecia every other day about 7 months ago and recently started taking multivitamins because they seemed popular on this message board. I think about 15 or 20 hairs come out when I shower usually and that has remained pretty constant. Maybe sometimes less sometimes more depending on how irritated my scalp is. I started taking the nizoral for that which has helped. Thanks again guys, this message board is such a great alternative to stewing my thoughts in my own head.

Stingray

Reaction score
You might want to up the doseage to the recommended level... 1mg per day. They write these instructions for a reason.

But yeah, 1 year is an absolute MINIMUM to wait before making a ruling. Some even go as far to say that a 2 year wait could be expected.

Don't give up though.