finasteride growth at 18 months/later?

sportsfan12

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for about 1 year 3 months and I am 26 years old. It has done a great job at restoring crown, and slowing down/stopping hairline corners (i think).

My question is has anybody seen that hairline/hairline corner growth come in around the year and a half mark or later? I started finasteride pretty early on (before any hair loss was detectable/just one side of hairline a little receded back) so its hard for me to tell how hard its working/where i would be without it

thanks guys!

Reactions: Oro

br1

Reaction score
I saw regrowth happen years later, like 5 years. And I maintained it for over a decade. Every few years I would see some regrow.

sportsfan12

Established Member
Reaction score
I saw regrowth happen years later, like 5 years. And I maintained it for over a decade. Every few years I would see some regrow.

Wow i hope i get the same results you saw. Was this regrowth all over?

br1

Reaction score
Wow i hope i get the same results you saw. Was this regrowth all over?

Can't tell as I when I started I only had mild temple loss.. It regrew my temples and kept everything intact for 13+ yrs..

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
br1 the finasteride guru bless us with regrowth.

I think the speed of regrowth all really depends on your natural hair cycle and how aggressive your hair loss is. Like mine is slow and my hair miniaturize at a slow rate. So I think it will take longer for those hairs to come back healthy bc it took them a while to get that small.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Moral of the story is if your going to try finasteride then try it early on verses waiting until your Norwood 5. Also if you get good results on finasteride I would really think about quitting before doing it because there are no guarantees your going to get those same results again even if it seems you would. I guess to me its a bit silly when someone responds really well and maintains for many years then decides to throw it all away for a silly reason. Like flushing a winning lottery ticket down the toilet

kaustubh.s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't tell as I when I started I only had mild temple loss.. It regrew my temples and kept everything intact for 13+ yrs..
So now how is your hair??... do you have your hair still or you have lost them all??