Feeling Depressed, And Eating Sugar, And Thoughts On Gut Flora

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Last night, for dinner, I mostly had an ice cream from cold stone creamery. I know it's awful but I felt like sh*t.

Strangely enough, I didn't just feel better in the moment of eating, but during the several hours after. It's like the rush of sugar replenished me. I felt more alive.

That's probably not normal, and makes me suspect I have a gut flora problem. David Perlmutter has a new book out, "Brain Maker", discussing the links between gut flora and brain, I think I might buy it and read it to understand my situation. I was reading some comments on it and some people are saying we think too much about gut bacteria, because the gut also has fungus and the fungus matter as well. A blogger I follow was saying he felt like sh*t a few years ago until he added coconut oil and oregano oil to his diet, to beat his fungal infection. He had candida I think, and says oregano oil is the single best step he took to improve his life.

51IHFee6qoL._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Brain-Maker-Microbes-Protect-Brain–/dp/0316380105/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476537257&sr=8-1&keywords=brain+maker

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol to eating 'mostly' ice cream for dinner. What was the rest of it?

Yeah all this gut stuff is fancinating. It's like another brain. I need to fix my gut. It's seriously fucked up.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol to eating 'mostly' ice cream for dinner. What was the rest of it?

Yeah all this gut stuff is fancinating. It's like another brain. I need to fix my gut. It's seriously fucked up.

I think I had some pistachio nuts and peanut butter when I got home. It was a real gluttonous, gross dinner.

I've ordered Perlmutter's new book, will let you know. A lot of people are calling the gut the second brain, over the next few years we'll find out if it's true.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. Nuts, peanut butter and ice cream for dinner. Good stuff.

I think my gut would explode if I ate that right now.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im pretty sure candida (Yeast/Fungus) is what actually causes dandruff(Hence nizoral,ketoconazole), but other than that it just usually lives harmlessly on all of our skin, So i dont think candida would really affect hair loss. But ice cream and peanut butter probably dont provide the greatest nourishment for hair lol. David That dinner sounds like something id eat if i got super munchies from cannabis...:)

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You ate like a lb of ice cream... of course, all the glucose is going to make your brain feel all cozy for a bit. I get the same feeling when I drink a lot of coffee. Why would you assume you have intestinal issues based on this? I think the whole Candida thing is another marketing ploy. That being said, I think a thorough colon cleanse at our age might be a good idea.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Candida is not a made up condition just a bacteria everyone has and i bet almost everyone is unbalanced in the gut when it comes to bacteria but youd have serious symptoms if it was really a problem and the only way to extinquish a true candida problem would be a 0 sugar 0 carb diet for months. I doubt you have a serious overgrowth, youd have die off symptoms while intermidiate fasting unless ur diet is all sugar. And theres no point speaking to a doctor, they would have no idea.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your gut is definitely your second brain thou, full of nuero steriods. If youve ever seen someone take extacy, u might notice that they usually go to the bathroom soon after because serotonin is used in your gut for digestion not to mention the amount of living bacteria in the gut.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Candida is not a made up condition just a bacteria everyone has and i bet almost everyone is unbalanced in the gut when it comes to bacteria but youd have serious symptoms if it was really a problem and the only way to extinquish a true candida problem would be a 0 sugar 0 carb diet for months. I doubt you have a serious overgrowth, youd have die off symptoms while intermidiate fasting unless ur diet is all sugar. And theres no point speaking to a doctor, they would have no idea.
not to nit pick, but its a fungus-Yeast not bacteria. Good bacteria actually controls yeast and other fungi. Im not trying to be smartass, just dont want to confuse folks. But your right everyone has it and its usually harmless unless you have a large overgrowth

Reactions: Alk

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
why do u eat ice cream if u're trying to loose weight...

reading books doesn't help in it

just eat less sh*t like ice cream and do cardio

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

lmao

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

I mention one ice cream and you respond with a dumb, ignorant, condescending and fundamentally pointless lecture.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're going full Hoppi David.

Never go full Hoppi.

I wonder if anyone will understand this.

I must be prehistoric around here too.

Anyway, the guy became obsessed with candida:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/candida-hair-loss-advice-needed.53368/

He never had any real hair loss though.

Also, candida is a made-up condition, if I talk about it to my GP, he'll just laugh.
I've seen people literally become paranoid over candida. There's a lot of misinformation out there.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

Maybe he likes ice cream? A guy can enjoy himself once in a while and still lose weight.

Baylad

Reaction score
Gut bacteria super important, getting all the nutrients to hair follicles. Clean up your diet first, get the good balance back into gut -fermented foods, fibre, decrease the processed foods & booze.