Faston's Story

Faston

Reaction score
Hello All,

Been viewing these forums for awhile now and decided it was time to post my story. I'm 27 years old and I've been a Norwood 2 since I was in high school, although back then I was blissfully unaware of such heinous measurements. Nonetheless, I did notice that my hairline wasn't straight across my forehead like many people's. I believe this turned out to be detrimental in recognizing my hair loss.

Anyway, I noticed the area above my temples receeding about a year or so ago. However, depending on time of day/mirror/position of the moon, I could sometimes convince myself I wasn't losing my hair. Until a female friend helpfully pointed it out. b**ch.

About 5-6 months ago I started on Finasteride, and I have been quartering and taking them daily since. Around month two I noticed my hair get really greasy, to the point where i was washing it every day, which is unusual for me. Not long after this I began to notice some vellous hairs sprouting at my hair line abouve the temples and around the temples.

Towards the middle of October I had my first shed. The majority of the hair I noticed falling out were short and vellous, though I did notice plenty of healthy hair falling as well. That lasted about 2 weeks. Since then, vellous hairs have continued to sprout, and there is an area around the hairline where i can feel stubble, like beard stubble.

At this point, I can see a decent amount of new growth, though it is mostly too thin and unpigmented to be of any real use. There are some thicker hairs straying further off the hairline as well that I've had to wrangle.

That's all for now. Just wanted to thank everyone for the advice, information, and occasional alarmist invective.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Hi Faston -

Thanks for posting this. Mind if we put this into the "Success So Far" forums for people to read?

Good luck with your regimen.

HairLossTalk.com

Faston

Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com::

Go ahead. I do feel like I've had some success so far. Hopefully there'll be more to come.