Fast Food & Hair Loss

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
No matter how many Wendy's classic triples I pound down the ol channel, my cholesterol level does not rise above 172. (Low is 200) Not that this is the best kind of fat to gain (I take whey protein with my excercise diet), but it's a good testimony of my annoyingly fast metabolism. I want to start a strictly healthy food only diet but If I'm not gaining weight doing fast food once a week, how am I going to do it on healthy lean food only? Another thing, does fast food xzellerate hair loss due to all the processed meats, etc? Some insight please?

Peace big dawgs,

X

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
you're complaining about a fast metabolism? are you trying to gain weight?

Stingray

Reaction score
Dawg...I'm in the same boat. I'm on a taco-bell and jack in the box diet...and when not that...i'm eating big ol' fat burritos with greasy meat and nacho cheese sauce in it. Been on this diet for close to all my life now. My cholesterol is 169 :)

I couldn't gain an ounce to save my life.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
xzellerate said:
Another thing, does fast food xzellerate hair loss due to all the processed meats, etc? Some insight please?X
No. Unless you are nutritionally deficient, nothing related to food intake will make a significant enough effect on the status of your hair to stop male pattern baldness. I chowed on taco bell and wendy's for months while using Propecia and my hair loss still completely stopped and reversed. Its a hormonal and genetic condition, not a nutrition related condition. Thus the name Andro(hormone)Genetic(genetic) alopecia.

HairLossTalk.com

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up HairLossTalk.com. I kind of had doubt's about it, but I can now comfortably enjoy a good meal once in a while. I still have a dilema gaining weight, but we'll see how that transpires through the following months as I am changing up my strength training regimen.

Peace!

X

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
For some reason people love to jump the bandwagon and say that if you pop a little bit of fish oil on your head, drink a cup of green tea because it has antioxidants, and rub some aloe leaves on your forehead you'll "help stop your hair loss".

The value of such comments is pretty much null. It is no different than telling someone to stand on their head and rub it in the grass for 2 hours a day "because it will increase circulation and circulation can stop hair loss".

This speculative balogna is the logic that snake oilers use to dupe people out of millions of dollars a year on fake hair tonics with "herbs" and "vitamins" in them. This is why its dangerous.

We know male pattern baldness is a hormonal/genetic condition and we have treatments like Propecia and Rogaine and others that use clinical data and hard science to succeed at what they do in the vast majority of people.

If it were as simple as taking Green Tea, popping some B6, or not eating Big Macs anymore, the scientists would have done clinical trials on McDonalds instead of Propecia.

HairLossTalk.com

G

stand on my head and rub it into the grass you say?
sounds like a plan...

Axon

Reaction score
I'm sensing some mounting frustration, HairLossTalk.com.

Thank god you're around to nip this kind of sh*t in the bud.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Axon said:
I'm sensing some mounting frustration, HairLossTalk.com.

Thank god you're around to nip this kind of sh*t in the bud.

Bet that up!

X

G

>>Hairlosstalk, you are bitter. Diet has an enormous effect in hair loss and that's the bottomline. Diet contols EVERYTHING. A bad diet fucks with hormone levels etc>>

Are you aware of a study that demonstrates that dietary manipulation will alter DHT levels in the blood and scalp tissure? IF so, biring it on. If not, then you are asserting a relationship between diet and hairloss that you have no proof for.

Having said that, it is not a bad idea to eat a solid diet. Too bad that the "professionals" cant agree on what that diet should be.

Brucelee

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Taco Bell anyone? :)

G

i want to add my two penneth to this...
omega-3 (yeah whatevr) acts on the heart to stabilise it. it makes the ion channels more stable by reducing their gating voltage.
rogaine causes calcuim and potassium channels to open to make the hair grow. it does the same to the heart to make it skip a beat.
therefore eating omega-3 may have a beneficial effect in that it makes the effects of rogaine less due to the fact its stabilising the heart.
whatdya reckon?

G

Interesting speculation but of course, no proof like we have for the other tools in the bag, like propeica etc.

From my point of view, can't hurt, might help.

Brucelee

G

before HairLossTalk.com goes on his usual diet rampage, i want to point out that im talking about stopping the negative effects of rogaine rather than omega-3 mimicking it.
what i have said is true fact, that it stabilises the heart but it only does this during times of extreme exertion or during ischemia.
therefore under normal conditions it may not do anything.
i must admit though it is very good speculative thinking on my part.

G

>>i must admit though it is very good speculative thinking on my part.>>

You being unbiased on the subject, of course!

Brucelee

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I wouldn't really call it a rampage, as much as a spanking. :lol:

Maybe you can give us some insight into why some people seem to look everywhere *except* the proven treatments for results. This is not to imply that you don't acknowledge them, but you seem to latch on to and promote anything and everything under the sun that could have a remote chance of helping. Ive noticed that there are two types of people who frequent these forums:

Those who had no results on the proven treatments, and spend literally all day and all night forum hopping, talking about anything they can possibly think up that doesn't include Propecia or Rogaine, that might help... and those who discuss their results on the proven and "other" treatments. The former frequently get so into it that they actually classify the proven treatments as frauds, and start screaming "herbal" and "nutrition" and "vitamins" as the savior to all.

You have to keep in mind that even if you dont fit into one of these two extremes, the vast majority of the lurkers on these forums are newbies. They come here because they know nothing. Literally only 10 % of the people who visit here every day actually post.

As a result, its dangerous in my opinion, for them to come here and see nothing but discussions on Arginine, B6, Circulation enhancers, Fish Oil, and suggestions to quit their manual labor jobs. I am all for experimentation of the educated, but I keep this content off the main part of the site for a reason, and its so that those in need of help, and the hard science, don't get confused and mislead.

HairLossTalk.com

Stingray

Reaction score
Maybe you can give us some insight into why some people seem to look everywhere *except* the proven treatments for results.

1) Because people are inherently stupid.

2) It's the "individuality" instinct...everyone wants to be an individual at everything...just like everyone else. "Maybe rubbing my scalp with a kangaroo penis will stop hairloss"..."oooh how unique and alternative! I'm gonna try too because I heard propecia causes irreversable side effects such as death and leprosy in 9/10th's of the users who take it

3) It's the blame game. Everyone wants to blame something totally unrelated to anything instead of just accepting things and taking responsibility. Good ol' new fangled Americanism is what it is. Take the credit when it's good, blame something else when it's bad.

I hate people.

I'm going to sleep.

Stingray

Reaction score
Oh yea, and for all you retards that are gonna go try rubbing their head with a kangaroo penis it WON'T WORK...get your dumbass on propecia and rogaine...cuz if you don't, you might as well suck on that penis cuz you'll get the same benefits as the former.

I swear stupid people shouldn't reproduce...

And if I offended anyone...good.

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
I read in Spencer Kobren's The Bald Truth that the Zone diet helped him to regrow hair.

I read it in a book, so it MUST be true.

I personally would hope that there is no strong connection between hair loss and diet. I'm already vegan (for ethical reasons) and there's no way I want to restrict my diet even further.

kfjeopoifjewfewf;lkjewoijfewoifjg