Fake Toppik?

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been using Toppik for years. As I got balder, I have had to use more of it each day.

In the last 6 months, I have had headaches, allergies, scalp burning and mass shedding.

My health has really plummeted. The cause: unknown.

I have had several tests but the doctor cannot figure out what is giving me these symptoms.

What he doesnt know is that I use Toppik.

And what I didnt consider, was that in the past year, I have purchased Toppik-like products online from ebay and other discount sources.

It just hit me that maybe I'm using some knock off /fake Toppik which is formulated differently?

I just ordered Toppik from their official site (yes it did cost more) and I will stop using my "toppik" for awhile to see if the symptoms subside.

Just wondering if there are any knock off products out there that may be toxic.

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I stopped using my old toppik container and instead used Toppik from the manufacturer.

Suddenly, my scalp is not irritated.

Take away -- IF you have some of the issue mentioned above, dont forget we're peppering our heads with a foreign substance WHICH MAY be the cause of your problems.

Kinglewis121

Reaction score
to be fair ive had similar issues ..... i think it had something to do with when im putting it on obviously its so fine its going up my nose alot too ..... i had caboki only once to get the tub then always bought cheap refill bags after that

dktbcyd184

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been using Toppik for years. As I got balder, I have had to use more of it each day.

In the last 6 months, I have had headaches, allergies, scalp burning and mass shedding.

My health has really plummeted. The cause: unknown.

I have had several tests but the doctor cannot figure out what is giving me these symptoms.

What he doesnt know is that I use Toppik.

And what I didnt consider, was that in the past year, I have purchased Toppik-like products online from ebay and other discount sources.

It just hit me that maybe I'm using some knock off /fake Toppik which is formulated differently?

I just ordered Toppik from their official site (yes it did cost more) and I will stop using my "toppik" for awhile to see if the symptoms subside.

Just wondering if there are any knock off products out there that may be toxic.

I think a fake toppik exist on ebay. it's really cheap,but the product is not good at all..

BenCross

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think a fake toppik exist on ebay. it's really cheap,but the product is not good at all..
I've also bought toppik from ebay and knew when I saw the package that something must be wrong.
Here are a few comparisson shots so that you can distinguish the original from the fake (left:eek:riginal / right:fake):
fake_toppik_01.jpg

The label of the hair color is a sticker and not printed on and it is much lighter in color. Also the normal typo at the bottom is much wider. And "FULL HAIR INSTANTLY" is much more stuck to the top.

fake_toppik_02.jpg

Also here is the typo much more wider and spread apart. The ingredients are also mixed up. The original one ends with "Green 5" and the fake one ends with "Orange 4". Also there is a QR-Code. Which the Originial doesn't have.

fake_toppik_03.jpg

the logo on the top is much more thicker and the dot of the "i" is not the one of the real logo.

web

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I stopped using my old toppik container and instead used Toppik from the manufacturer.

Suddenly, my scalp is not irritated.

Take away -- IF you have some of the issue mentioned above, dont forget we're peppering our heads with a foreign substance WHICH MAY be the cause of your problems.

How long did it took for the symptoms to go away. I experience the same thing only much extremer. I'm the regular customer at the hospital for the last year. They have checked almost everything from MRI scans to gastroscopie(that really sucked by the way). But they cannot find a think. And this weekend i was in the bathroom and saw the one and only thing i use daily and never checked. Was my Aliexpress Toppik(yes only 6 dollar for 500 gram so why didn't i think of it before.) But i checked my bill and when i got the Ali version of the toppik, and yes it was only a few weeks before the issues occurred. So now i have all the time headages, nostia on daily base always have very stiff muscles neck and jaw. But the docters say iam very healthy.....right. So after thinking maybe its the cheap toppik i googled and found more people with the same issues. I stopped for 3 days now with the Ali Toppik(And then advertise with NON toxic Toppik that should have ringed some alarm bels but i gueass the price was much more interesting) but no differences noticeable.

Sean Roe

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started to use hair fibers since 2015, I tried with several brands (Toppik, Caboki, hairmax and viviscal)however I didn't have a good experience with those but I discovered Hairatin like 8 months ago and the results has been amazing. My hair looks thicker every time I use it and is very natural-look-like. I hope you can try it!

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've also bought toppik from ebay and knew when I saw the package that something must be wrong.
Here are a few comparisson shots so that you can distinguish the original from the fake (left:eek:riginal / right:fake):
fake_toppik_01.jpg

The label of the hair color is a sticker and not printed on and it is much lighter in color. Also the normal typo at the bottom is much wider. And "FULL HAIR INSTANTLY" is much more stuck to the top.

fake_toppik_02.jpg

Also here is the typo much more wider and spread apart. The ingredients are also mixed up. The original one ends with "Green 5" and the fake one ends with "Orange 4". Also there is a QR-Code. Which the Originial doesn't have.

fake_toppik_03.jpg

the logo on the top is much more thicker and the dot of the "i" is not the one of the real logo.

Are you serious? If you are right, I have the fake Toppik too. But I live in Germany. Bought it from Ebay too... Are you sure, that it's fake? Maybe they changed the design.

From what I can say, the "Fake" Toppik works good.