Fact is, these treatments are crap!

G

Propecia is overrated. I have never seen anyone on these sites post pictures of noticable growth or improved hair. All you see is complaints from users past 9 months.

minoxidil is a pain. Sure it grows a little hair, but having to pour the stuff on for the rest of your life is a pain to say the least. Not reccomended for people my age in their early 20's.

Nizoral does feck all really. People say it works, but it doesnt. I have no faith at all.

I'll continue on Propecia and Nizoral, but I dont expect to see improvment. Which is devastaing. When I set out, I wanted improvement, now I just have to come to terms that I wont see regrowth from propecia. This whole hairloss has ruined my peace of mind for life.

The closest thing to a cure today is a hair transplant and propecia. I've seen that posted by someone on another forum and think it's obvious.

People on here complain about hairloss and moan"I'm losing my hair, what do i do" yet when you look at their pics, you see no sign of loss at all.

If you want to see real hairloss loss male pattern baldness, from a youngster look at my pics. These last 2 years have been a horrible change. In 2001 I wasnt treated like a freak.

Since starting propecia in April, my hair has got worse. I feel sick to the stomach right now, that I'm paying $36 a month that I can't afford for something that not only doesnt appear to be helping, but making things worse.

:freaked2:

I'm in sh*t street right now. It's impossible to ignore the change of appearance from my thinning.

Ah, here I go again, moan , moan, moan.....

I sound like a right whining girl. :roll:

Even though, I haven't moaned once in real life. I do my moaning via this place, where people understand the problem and can appreciate the effects it has on one so young.

I'll have my month 7 pics up in a few days, not that they'll be great viewing. I'll be prepared for my sick to the stomach heart sinking feeling that is now part of my life.

G

Gunner i can appreciate your pain, but have you thought of boning up your regimen with an anti-androgen, spironolactone, Fluridil, Eil Crannel or even RU? If you have aggresive male pattern baldness then people often need something more than just the big 3.

G

Sorry you feel this way but in fact, these three drugs have worked very nicely for me.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Gunner said:
Propecia is overrated. I have never seen anyone on these sites post pictures of noticable growth or improved hair. All you see is complaints from users past 9 months.
I know of 1,288 people out of 1,553 people who saw results with propecia, and it was fully documented, down to exactly how many hairs they grew or maintained over a 2 year period. I would listen to that far more than I would listen to discussion forums with anonymous posters who aren't even being evaluated by scientists.

That goes for everything. You're going to get depressed if you base your reality on what you read on anonymous discussion forums. This isn't like an aspirin where you have a headache at 12:30 and its either gone or not gone at 12:45. This is a 1 to 2 year long process requiring daily consistent dosage and maintenance, and hair counts would be required to prove or disprove if they've had results, etc. That is why we look to the studies not to discussion forums where people can be in a bad mood one day and THINK they've lost more hair, etc etc etc. All of this is painfully obvious.

HairLossTalk.com

Hairybush1

Established Member
Reaction score
Zimmy said:
Gunner i can appreciate your pain, but have you thought of boning up your regimen with an anti-androgen, spironolactone, Fluridil, Eil Crannel or even RU? If you have aggresive male pattern baldness then people often need something more than just the big 3.

Arent some of those treatments even more expensive than taking finasteride? I think he said he's on a budget.

Anyway, I hink it sucks that some guys just wont seee results from anyhting that they try for their hair restoration. I guess I have been lucky in that regard. took a shower today and decided to see how many hairs I could get in my hands, (I havent done this in a month or so) and I couldnt get one damn hair to fall out into my palms. I've also seen a good deal of density come back to exsisting hair. These products do work.

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont know if its me but when I looked at your 25th September pic, then I look at your October 26th.. Your hair seems slightly better????

I do know how you feel and all I can say is life does suck especially at our age when it happens to us.. I hope those products work, just give it time.. You never know.

G

Hairybush1 said:
Zimmy said:

Arent some of those treatments even more expensive than taking finasteride? I think he said he's on a budget.

Anyway, I hink it sucks that some guys just wont seee results from anyhting that they try for their hair restoration. I guess I have been lucky in that regard. took a shower today and decided to see how many hairs I could get in my hands, (I havent done this in a month or so) and I couldnt get one damn hair to fall out into my palms. I've also seen a good deal of density come back to exsisting hair. These products do work.

Yup didnt notice the bit about being on a budget, Sprio is pretty cheap these days though. Like the other guys said these treatments do work, have worked very well for me. Youve only been on Propecia since April that is not long enough to judge its efficiacy for you, i did not see results from Propecia until about 8 or 9 months use. By results i mean it has mantained my hair since 1999.

HairyN

Established Member
Reaction score
dude at least you have a head thats shaped so it wouldnt look bad if you buzzed...that just doesnt work for us guys with huge *** heads...theres always someone worse off...

Redbone

Reaction score
Fact is most guys dont even do anything about male pattern baldness they just let it happen. This site mainly hosts a bunch of younguys under 25yrs who are really pissed off and rightfully so.

Most guys if they do anything take Propecia and that is it for sheer convenienc alone. Come on how long is somebody really going to take 10 different supplements twice a day, rub smelly sh*t in their hair twice a day and shampoo with 5 different things, as well as what the hell else there is. That cant go on for two long... Trust me.

Nizoral, Propecia and minoxidil 5% 1x a day should be enough for the average guy. Without much hassle.

Fact is most guys will take those above mentioned, get results and leave this site. I know I am getting good results and will be parting shortly. I have allot of people here that I like so that is why I keep coming back. The 20% of the guys that can't stop there male pattern baldness remain around here to b**ch. Do you really think our own Bruce Lee would be here if he was not a monitor? Probably not because he fixed his problem and would rather be out driving fast expensive cars.

You are only hearing from the people that are pissed, the ones that are having good results have moved on to better things. Good luck in your battle.

Trilidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Be happy you can at least stall your hairloss with propecia, im giving up =P Minoxidil doesn't seem to be working at all, propecia gave me side effects. Scalp still itches horribly with Tsal and Nizoral.

Cassin

Reaction score
Trilidon said:
Be happy you can at least stall your hairloss with propecia, im giving up =P Minoxidil doesn't seem to be working at all, propecia gave me side effects. Scalp still itches horribly with Tsal and Nizoral.

My scalp didn't stop itching until I stopped T/SAL, T/GEL and Nizoral. Go figure. Give it a shot, dump them.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Stinger122 said:
I dont know if its me but when I looked at your 25th September pic, then I look at your October 26th.. Your hair seems slightly better????

I do know how you feel and all I can say is life does suck especially at our age when it happens to us.. I hope those products work, just give it time.. You never know.

I've got to agree with Sting on this one. Gunner, obviously your hairline still needs some work. When you started, you were heading towards one of those male pattern baldness patterns where your two thinning temples would meet at the top, leaving you with a little island of hair in your centre forehead. One of your earlier pix clearly showed that your 'centre forehead island' was on its way to becoming apparent. In your last pix, the area of hair between your 'centre forehead island' and the crown behind it looks like it is filling in. There is clearly more uniformity of hair quality from front to back in your later pictures, but I agree, your hairline appears only to have been stabilised with little improvement.

You really never know what your hair might have looked like if you were not on a regime.. you might be significantly bald.. and from what I see in your pix, I would definitely NOT describe you as bald but instead as someone who has a high forehead. I am not trying to sound patronising... just telling you that whatever you are doing is having some effect, and perhaps with a little more time and maybe an addition to your regimen to kick-start the hairline area might bring a breakthrough? I know you believe minoxidil to be a pain, but looking at your pix, I definitely think that a regrowth agent such as minoxidil might be just the thing to recharge your frontal hairline and reduce your temples?

Hang in there... you aren't bald, and you seem to be maintaining your hairline and improving your hair quality.

G

Gunner you could consider changing from Propecia to Proscar (get from QHI) and with the money saved you could afford an anti-androgen. You still planning on seeing a derm or a trichologist in London?

morpheus

Reaction score
hang in there gunner, i can also see some improvement from your pictures, just take 1 day at a time, and keep on with the treatment, youve got nothing to lose really by continuing, and at least you know that your doing everything in your power to improve things, id say try minoxidil, and also perhaps stick a bit of money aside each month in an ISA so you know youve got something to fall back on later if you want to consider a hair transplant.
My pattern is similiar to yours, but not as advanced, but what i do have is a thining island bit due to psioriasis or sub derm, i have lost quite a bit over the last 2 weeks and feel extremely down over it, put im trying to put it behind me and carry on, ive been on fina for 9 months, i tried spironolactone for a while but reacted to it hence my recent loss, now ive started arginine topical with a bit of SOD so im hoping that may start to improve things. id say continue with your currant program, you havent been on fina long enough yet, and also add some growth stimulators like methylsulphonylmethane (msm), arginine etc

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree that September photos show improvement

Hey, saw your pics. Good job, I really think they show improvement, though I agree that this whole thing is depressing, and when you can't tell it can get the best of you and make you curse the treatments. It's true, waiting is the hardest part.

I suggest maybe growing your hair out a little. Maybe they are too thin, I can't tell, but I know you can see all the details with a buzz-cut. I'll post my pics- started on propecia just 3 months ago, and already the shedding has stopped, after month 2, actually. But when i part my frontal hair, you can see more scalp that what you've got going on, though my temples haven't receeded much. Point is, nobody has mentioned that they can tell I have thinned out, because I keep my hair at least 1.5" long on the top.

Like I say, I'll try to post my pics so you can tell what I am talking about. Actually, just as this site needs to keep the veterans around to cheer us on, we need to post all of our pics. It is one thing to describe our progress and success, but another when we actually SEE results.

Like everybody else is tellin ya, keep the faith bro!!

G

My scalp didn't stop itching until I stopped T/SAL, T/GEL and Nizoral. Go figure. Give it a shot, dump them.

same here T/Gel made my head red, itchy, lumpy and flaky when using it in conjunction with minoxidil, when I cut the T/Gel out my scalp went back to normal in less than a week, give it a try?

Ty

G

Zimmy said:
Gunner you could consider changing from Propecia to Proscar (get from QHI) and with the money saved you could afford an anti-androgen. You still planning on seeing a derm or a trichologist in London?

Are you from the uk?

If so, and you are in the know, who would you advise to go and see?

G

Gunner said:
Zimmy said:

Are you from the uk?

If so, and you are in the know, who would you advise to go and see?

Yup im in the UK, as far as i know. :wink:
Dont really know of any good derms or tricholigists, i saw one ages ago and they didnt have much good advice to give.