Excessive underarms sweating after quitting finasteride

mcfly

Reaction score
I'm a 22 year old guy that has been taking finasteride in the form of 1/4 proscar pill for 3,5 years. I stopped taking it about 1,5 months ago and ever since I've been experiencing excessive underarm sweating.

Anyone experienced the similar or has more knowledge regarding this matter?

Thanks in advance.

Chipper

Reaction score

I remember getting extremely oily skin, over active sweat glands, and thousands of pimples.

I then jumped on avodart. Got extremely dry skin cause premature aging, wrinkles, collagen loss causing one side of my face to sink down.
Also got very pale skin with less pimples. But the pimples i did get would not heal. Scabs would stay there until i knocked them off forming scars. I now have thousand of scars all over. And my body would not sweat at all. I could run the mile and not sweat.
So go figure!!!

I believe these side effects are caused because some people can be sensitive to certain ingredients or can be a slight allergic reaction.

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
i took propecia when i was 15, maybe earlier (im 24 now). a few years later, i had profuse sweating from forehead...it could be labelled hyperhydroism. but i dont know if it is due to propecia or due to my social anxiety which i later (and still today) fully have.

mcfly

Reaction score
ronaldkia said:
i took propecia when i was 15, maybe earlier (im 24 now). a few years later, i had profuse sweating from forehead...it could be labelled hyperhydroism. but i dont know if it is due to propecia or due to my social anxiety which i later (and still today) fully have.

have you done anything for the sweating?