EVERYONE Will Get Finasteride Side-Effects Eventually

Pigeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
New video breaking down the Reuters findings regarding finasteride clinical trials.

Reminds me of this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replication_crisis

"The replication crisis (also called the replicability crisis and the reproducibility crisis) is an ongoing methodological crisis in which it has been found that the results of many scientific studies are difficult or impossible to reproduce. Because the reproducibility of empirical results is an essential part of the scientific method,[2] such failures undermine the credibility of theories building on them and potentially of substantial parts of scientific knowledge.

The replication crisis most severely affects the social and medical sciences,[3] "

"A 2016 poll of 1,500 scientists conducted by Nature reported that 70% of them had failed to reproduce at least one other scientist's experiment (including 87% of chemists, 77% of biologists, 69% of physicists and engineers, 67% of medical researchers, 64% of earth and environmental scientists, and 62% of all others), while 50% had failed to reproduce one of their own experiments, and less than 20% had ever been contacted by another researcher unable to reproduce their work."

"A 2016 article by John Ioannidis, Professor of Medicine and of Health Research and Policy at Stanford University School of Medicine and a Professor of Statistics at Stanford University School of Humanities and Sciences, elaborated on "Why Most Clinical Research Is Not Useful".[67] In the article Ioannidis laid out some of the problems and called for reform, characterizing certain points for medical research to be useful again; one example he made was the need for medicine to be "patient centered" (e.g. in the form of the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute) instead of the current practice to mainly take care of "the needs of physicians, investigators, or sponsors". "

Last edited:

Pigeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Came across this poll, funny how on various forums and regardless of time we always get around 50% of people reporting side effects.

IsgU8ry.png

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
Some other things to consider:

-Jerking off spikes prolactin = prolactin downregulates 5-AR (some people report feeling better getting back on finasteride - not that I recommend this)
-If testosterone rises withholding masturbation, then doing it every day would prevent rise in T (increasing T can cause worsening of symptoms in some people)
It's not just masturbation, but having sex. I'm f*****g multiple women at the gym and a few of my neighbors' wives, and I'm not having sexual sides while on finasteride. There's something to this.