EVERYONE Will Get Finasteride Side-Effects Eventually

20YearsOnFin

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you're a reminder to everyone not to end up like you
Yes, please whatever you do, don't end up almost 50, by keeping all your hair with finasteride after all its not like this is a hairloss forum. Thats really great advice.

Pigeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
fb0bbc70d66d1a3d7760482162dcb8620af78cba.gif

My old friend you are like the gift that keeps on giving, being confronted with the brutal truth here has made you so butthurt mad you can't even contain all of what you think in one post at a time.

Really I have to thank you for entertaining me. Let's hope you continue rage spamming. Proceed to amuse and entertain us old man!

20YearsOnFin

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah yes Pigeon, the 24 year old incel expert on hairloss. whose best advice is don't take what the majority of the world takes to combat hairloss and rub a zinc tablet into your scalp instead.. pure genius

Pigeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tell us are you related to Kevin Mann? Long time ago I've seen this level of autism on here.

20YearsOnFin

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im, looking forward to viewing your post in 2037, detailing how you were able to reverse all signs of male pattern baldness over the last 20 years with your amazing regime. should be a great read. cant wait.

20YearsOnFin

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There you go Pigeon, there are plenty of people who believe you have all the answers.

devz

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should probably seek an endocrinologist and get your testosterone (T) levels checked alongside estradiol (E2).

They should be checking:

- Total and free T
- E2
- LH
- FSH
- TSH
- free T4
- Prolactin

If you're sedentary and you're not eating enough, that can quite easily lead to erectile dysfunction, even at 25 years old. Lifting weights and getting in shape should help a lot.
Stop any anti-androgen immediately, a topical will also go systemic in most cases.

Stick to only minoxidil (but be warned, even that has two studies pointing to anti androgenic activity if I recall correctly) And maybe add needling to your minoxidil protocol if you're balding aggressive.

If you don't get better after 3/6 months I would advise HCG and/or clomid or nolvadex. But of course go check your hormone profile first and go to a good endocrinologist. Here's another good thread with lots of info: https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/finally-cured-from-post-finasteride-syndrome.33215/
Thank you for help, I'm on vacation and is 10 days already that I stopped lotion (it's already 2 month that I don't take serenoa too) and I started have morning wood and decent erection again. I will keep the pause from lotion and when I'm ready I will restart again, if I have problem I will stop again.

Before restarting the lotion I will check the hormone levels.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for help, I'm on vacation and is 10 days already that I stopped lotion (it's already 2 month that I don't take serenoa too) and I started have morning wood and decent erection again. I will keep the pause from lotion and when I'm ready I will restart again, if I have problem I will stop again.

Before restarting the lotion I will check the hormone levels.
Good luck getting in to see an endo. You might get to see a P.A. to an endo. Even their slots are mostly full of cancer patients and trannies. We are on the front lines of all of this because showing what works now and presumably how it works, is key for any sort of general male "cure".

Again, though, without something that increases anagen several-fold, I don't see how a male cure is possible. People focus on low hair counts which is a result of very low amounts of time spent by follicles in anagen. Even normal ratios for males vs. females are say, 1 to 3. That's why the hair, even if counts go up, never looks nice nor will it generally grow long again. Like maintenance, you can't "see" anagen but it is the unseen, seldom acknowledged, issue that merely increasing hair counts doesn't get to. Coverage per se doesn't interest me that much in terms of "results" but I know many guys would just like the front to be covered, for pics, mirror purposes and since we generally face people from the front. This is a lot of work, if one is to microneedle for life and concoct zinc mixtures and proprietary topicals from Alibaba or whatever and except for Pegasus, I have never seen anyone have really any noticeable results and while one might quibble about cosmetic significance in the male context, Pegasus has had results from his mysterious meds, but in my eyes, it's only marginally cosmetically significant.

To me, the best method to try for those who don't want excessive feminization is to essentially go half-way, then desist from estrogen sytemically and try to maintain on dutasteride and perhaps topical estradiol. Something like this might be possible, even in one's mid-50's:

1628006523836.png

Attachments

• Untenable.jpg
    Untenable.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Again, though, without something that increases anagen several-fold, I don't see how a male cure is possible. People focus on low hair counts which is a result of very low amounts of time spent by follicles in anagen. Even normal ratios for males vs. females are say, 1 to 3. That's why the hair, even if counts go up, never looks nice nor will it generally grow long again. Like maintenance, you can't "see" anagen but it is the unseen, seldom acknowledged, issue that merely increasing hair counts doesn't get to. Coverage per se doesn't interest me that much in terms of "results" but I know many guys would just like the front to be covered, for pics, mirror purposes and since we generally face people from the front.

This. Even finasteride usually only increases the count ("garbage hairs"), and at best only maintains the gen-phases. In some cases, it's not even as cosmetically appealing as a fiber concealer. I would say that even minoxidil-only guys that respond well tend to almost always have better improvements in hair quality than finasteride-only guys, at least in terms of styling and appearance.

Pigeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
This. Even finasteride usually only increases the count ("garbage hairs"), and at best only maintains the gen-phases. In some cases, it's not even as cosmetically appealing as a fiber concealer. I would say that even minoxidil-only guys that respond well tend to almost always have better improvements in hair quality than finasteride-only guys, at least in terms of styling and appearance.
True, the most impressive improvements I have seen are because of minoxidil/needling combo.

Pigeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fresh video from a doctor specialized in neurology talking about the dangers of finasteride.

More and more doctors are coming out to speak about it.

Edit: Should've posted a trigger warning for our fina coping autist itt

Last edited:

user394587

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
True, the most impressive improvements I have seen are because of minoxidil/needling combo.
I can second this one, in terms of visual appearance, most guys I've seen with the ridiculous results from Tressless have been using 5% minoxidil once or twice a day while microneedling at 1.5mm depth once per week. Some combine with tretinoin. While most of them are also on finasteride, it doesn't seem to me that this is what is causing any significant amount of regrowth.

What I would wonder about this is how long the results are stable for without using finasteride concurrently. You see these guys posting insane transformations, but there's usually never longer term followups.

Pigeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can second this one, in terms of visual appearance, most guys I've seen with the ridiculous results from Tressless have been using 5% minoxidil once or twice a day while microneedling at 1.5mm depth once per week. Some combine with tretinoin. While most of them are also on finasteride, it doesn't seem to me that this is what is causing any significant amount of regrowth.

What I would wonder about this is how long the results are stable for without using finasteride concurrently. You see these guys posting insane transformations, but there's usually never longer term followups.
It seems 2-3 years are what you can expect to maintain on minoxidil only from what I've seen. But I've seen people claim to be able to maintain much longer too. Maybe if you add needling it could help to maintain longer.

@74775446 has a google album with pictures, the big needling/minoxidil thread here was based on his results, hope he gives an update. He's on the minoxidil/needling protocol for 3-4 years now I think.

Last edited:

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is happening in this forum?
Turning to hairlosshelp forum one guy making funny of the others because they are warning the dangerous of finasteride and theres another guy that recommends estrogen and female hormonal treatment to the guys :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: