Everyone That Wanted To See My sh*t Results On Finasteride - Here You Go

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
EDIT: *CHANGED PICTURES* I choose some bad photos to put on. I only used them to show I can still make my hair look alright with tons of hair products and good lighting. That is not actually what my hair looks like. All of these pics are without gel. Hopefully these are a better depiction of what my hair actually looks like. Also I suck at photo editing lol...don't know how to crop just to keep head in pic.

Alright so my experience on this drug has been absolute sh*t. I will not post any pictures that friends or family have taken so kind of limits what I can post, but still have some pretty good photos of my experience on finasteride. Honestly, has been very brutal. Loss wasn't apparent to anyone but myself when starting, and is extremely apparent now. I've been on it 3 years in combination with minoxidil. Never seen anyone post such sh*t results before, so enjoy. (Age 20-23).

Right when starting finasteride (area I circled is where there is a small patch of miniaturized hairs; they're kind of crooked and don't grow quite as long; still good density there nonetheless; these hairs I noticed are the reason I jumped on finasteride; no1 else could see them though because it was still very dense, hairs were just a different texture than the rest):
View attachment 59133

2-3 Months on treatments (no change):
View attachment 59134

5-6 months on treatments: Scalp inflammation and scarring caused huge patch of hair loss on hairline
View attachment 59135

9 months? on treatments: Hair starting to fill in on that patch (still good density elsewhere)View attachment 59136

1.25-1.5 years on treatments: Density getting worse; hairline getting worse
View attachment 59137

1.5 years on treatments (density is much worse; hair that fell off from inflammation and scarring is sh*t quality and didn't all grow back)
View attachment 59138

2 years on treatments (hairline hasn't receded much more but density getting bad and center hairline receding and thinning bad)
View attachment 59139

Nearly 3 years on treatments (density of hair when damp)
View attachment 59140
View attachment 59141

1-2 months ago (3 years on treatments): Density is bad especially in front. Hairline looks like sh*t in front; hairline further receded
View attachment 59142
View attachment 59143

There ya go.

Last edited:

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol no offence brah but I expected way way worse. I understand that you definitely know better yourself but your hair looks perfect to me, especially the density.

BTW how many hairs do you usually shed daily?

I think you should stay on finasteride brah.

inb4 BDD name calling:p

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
frg.png

yeah much easier to crop it

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair looks amazing in those recent shots, styling wax can do amazing things to semi diffuse hair. That spot in the front that eroded away was weird as f***. Do you think it would have grown back without finasteride? If not, well then you can't really call finasteride a failure. Perhaps your hair would be far worse without it at this point. We will find that out soon given you are now off treatments.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair more or less looks about the same to me; if it is any worse it isn't by much. I think you should at least stay on Finasteride as long as you can get it for cheap.

gimmiehairorgimmiedeath

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read somewhere that around 20% of men don't respond to finasteride. Also that for a lot of guys it simply slows down loss (especially for guys with very aggressive loss) instead of halting it completely, and very few see significant regrowth. It's not a miracle pill but it is better then nothing for 80% of guys (minus the 3-5% that get sustained sides).

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol no offence brah but I expected way way worse. I understand that you definitely know better yourself but your hair looks perfect to me, especially the density.

BTW how many hairs do you usually shed daily?

I think you should stay on finasteride brah.

inb4 BDD name calling:p
Nah I shouldn't have posted the pics of the hair gel sh*t. just wanted to show that I can still kind of hide it with hair gel if there is no light on my head. I'll post a couple better pics. Realizing these one's weren't great.

And never claimed I was a NW4 or anything....

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair more or less looks about the same to me; if it is any worse it isn't by much. I think you should at least stay on Finasteride as long as you can get it for cheap.
Nah it is definitely much worse than baseline. I had temple recession but not like this. And my hair was much much thicker. Its see through in any light now. I know how to style my hair well with gel, and use gel that thickens it up, but my hair is pretty sh*t at this point. My hair loss definitely accelerated my first year on finasteride (could have been happening regardless of finasteride tho), and after around 1.5 years things haven't really gotten too much worse.

The spot in the middle of hairline was probably aloepcia aroerta
Nah it wasn't. I got it evaluated at the dermatologist. There was scarring and wasn't a smooth bald patch. Was still some hairs that remained. My hair that grew back is still messed up, and it took around 2 years for those red spots to completely go away.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
hair looks amazing in those recent shots, styling wax can do amazing things to semi diffuse hair. That spot in the front that eroded away was weird as f***. Do you think it would have grown back without finasteride? If not, well then you can't really call finasteride a failure. Perhaps your hair would be far worse without it at this point. We will find that out soon given you are now off treatments.
There is no way finasteride grew that back. It fell out due to severe irritation. I was afraid it was the minoxidil that caused it, but the doctor reassured me that there is no way minoxidil could do that. To this day have no idea what caused it. The scarring is mostly gone, but the hairs are still a weird texture there, and the density is much lower.