Ethical Hair

gemmatthews

Reaction score
Im looking into a human hair wig, but am a bit concerned about how ethically sourced the hair is? Does anyone know where the har comes from?

Anita1978

Reaction score
its a big concern of mine too, i wear human hair too.

I think the best thing to do is ask the company you go for where and how they get their hair.

a good company will have robust systems in place to ensure that vendors selling hair to them source their hair ethically.

there is no 100% way of knowing that the hair you buy is ethical, save following the woman who is donating her hair around and watching her have it cut off.

but do some research, i tend to find those companies who are very happy to speak to you, or even if they don't know, quite happy to do some research on your behalf are likely to make sure their hair is ethical

gemmatthews

Reaction score
Anita1978, thank you for your reply.
In the time since my last post I have been quite active on other forum websites asking similar questions, and have been directed to www.hairharvest.co.uk - a branch of Bloomsbury of London.
This is the website that describes the main procedure that Bloomsbury use to source their hair, guaranteeing that it is 100% ethical.
I have phoned Bloomsbury of London and booked a consultation as I was very pleased with the information that I gathered. I would be happy to discuss my progress with you!

Anita1978

Reaction score
excellent, really pleased for you :bravo:

do let me know of your progress

xxx

Mary411

Reaction score
Not all people are eligible for hair transplants.

I know I'm not. You actually have to have some decent donor hair at the back of your head, don't you? If I took the little I have from the back to put on the front or the top or the sides where I need it, it would leave me with none in the back. Nope. I'm thinking not everyone is a candidate for a transplant.

Sonal

Reaction score
they are a good option

i guess wigs can be a great option..
they offer great styling too...