Erectile Dysfunction from Minoxidil

jaw1234

Reaction score
I realise that this is a controversial subject on most Hair Loss forums when it comes up, but has anyone experienced erectile dysfinction / loss of libido from using minoxidil only?

I seem to have noticed almost all of the sexual symptoms associated with Propecia, just from using Minoxidil 5% twice daily.
And no, this isn't psychosomatic, I noticed the physical symptoms long before looking into it!

Curious to here if anyone has had similar experiences, has discovered any solutions?

Ptrt

Established Member
Reaction score
It's not the minoxidil causing your problems. You do realize minoxidil was used to treat ED at one point, correct?

kenito

Reaction score
Yes it can.
Most people automaticly blames Propecia for causing this problem (cause ofc it's the most logical choise)
But, more and more people are reporting that minoxidil are giving them ED, with only using minoxidil.

Remember, we don't actually know why minoxidil are causing hair to grow, it says so on all the packages, everything you read online that states "this is why" are just theoris.

Reaction score
Yes it can.
Most people automaticly blames Propecia for causing this problem (cause ofc it's the most logical choise)
But, more and more people are reporting that minoxidil are giving them ED, with only using minoxidil.

Remember, we don't actually know why minoxidil are causing hair to grow, it says so on all the packages, everything you read online that states "this is why" are just theoris.

I think you should do more research.

ben760

Established Member
Reaction score
Why does it cause sexual sides. I was ok for 2months using minoxidil then I lost morning wood and its hard to get an erection. I've already stopped. hope I would get it back

Mikazz

Established Member
Reaction score
It's not an usual side effect of minoxidil, but if you think you get side from it you should stop it. Is it ED only or your sexual desire(libido) is also affected ?

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil CAN cause sexual side effects. Too many people report it to be a coincidence. It is not commonly known however.

http://www.regrowshair.com/general-...ons/does-minoxidil-cause-sexual-side-effects/

Winny

Reaction score
Finally, some sane responses. In another thread I was called a "nutcase" for reporting the same sides. I was then told "It's this kind of posts that are killing the forums". Go figure.

I have met a few people who too had to stop using Minoxidil due to the side effects. Apparently it affects blood flow to the penis. It is a blood pressure drug after all. This could be the reason some experience brain fog.

I use Minoxidil once a day at double the dose (instead of twice daily) and yes I now experience the same side effects. Was using it for 7 months.

Going to quit for a few weeks and see what happens. Very disappointed.

Winny

Reaction score
None. Nothing. Experienced no morning or nocturnal erections.

I've been off it for a week now. Things are getting better.

jaw1234

Reaction score
Here is the evidence that Minoxidil affects androgen receptor related functions
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24742982

The claims of those of us who have experience erection problems from minoxidil have been dismissed by those who argue that it only affects blood flow, but the latest research has confirmed that, like Finasteride, it affects androgen function.

Winny

Reaction score
After just over a week without minoxidil and Nizoral i'm back to normal. Nocturnal erections have returned. Can maintain an erection fine.

I'm back on Minoxidil. Once daily at the normal rate (half a capful) - not double the dose once daily. Will also start using Nizoral again but instead of everyday will drop to once or twice a week.

Will continue to monitor.

Lester0403

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also had same issue. After series of googling, I thought that it might have caused hypothyroidism temporarily.
If you have bloated face in the morning and cold feet even before you try minoxidil, try thyroid supplement.
It worked really well for me.

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I also had same issue. After series of googling, I thought that it might have caused hypothyroidism temporarily.
If you have bloated face in the morning and cold feet even before you try minoxidil, try thyroid supplement.
It worked really well for me.
wtf????
most guys woke with a blotted face if the sleep more than 7hr or if u eat like sh*t the day before
did u know that minoxidil used as ed drug for some time

abu

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro I have gone through all this (suffered Ed ) for 4 years then I take mucuna prurien and tribulus terrestris , ashwagandha ....I recovered.
Take my advice never use and hair regrowth drug or cream it will make you impotent.

Scrappy

Reaction score
Happened to me, erections were never the same after I started minoxidil 9 yrs ago. I could get one, but couldn't sustain it. Slowly getting off now, with some improvement so far.

fred nevin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro I have gone through all this (suffered Ed ) for 4 years then I take mucuna prurien and tribulus terrestris , ashwagandha ....I recovered.
Take my advice never use and hair regrowth drug or cream it will make you impotent.

Hey abu. Please help me bro
i took minoxidil 5% for five days in February this year. I then developed immediate erectile dysfunction. discontinued use after the 5th day and symptoms got better for the first two weeks but since then i have completely plateaued. i still cant attain a full erection. around 75%. no morning erections or involuntary erections. weakened orgasm and less semen produced. plus my penis feels rubbery with very loose skin which seems to be getting worse. so in nearly 9 months i am still not fully recovered.

How much of each of those supplements did you take and for how long? have you recovered 100%? Do you reckon it could have just potentially taken 4 years for you to recover or do you definitely think those supplements made the difference.

fred nevin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I realise that this is a controversial subject on most Hair Loss forums when it comes up, but has anyone experienced erectile dysfinction / loss of libido from using minoxidil only?

I seem to have noticed almost all of the sexual symptoms associated with Propecia, just from using Minoxidil 5% twice daily.
And no, this isn't psychosomatic, I noticed the physical symptoms long before looking into it!

Curious to here if anyone has had similar experiences, has discovered any solutions?

Hi, have you still got the ED symptoms from minoxidil?
I used minoxidl 5% for five days in february this year and still suffer with ED. no morning erections or involuntary erections. can only attain an erection at 75% with constant stimulation and it takes longer to orgasm with diminished feeling.

fred nevin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, have you still got the ED symptoms from minoxidil?
I used minoxidl 5% for five days in february this year and still suffer with ED. no morning erections or involuntary erections. can only attain an erection at 75% with constant stimulation and it takes longer to orgasm with diminished feeling.
Do you take any other medications?
no nothing. did take anti depressant about a year before but stopped it as it affected my libido. made me not interested in sex at all and i felt like a zombie. no emotion. when i did masturbate/have sex i would get a delayed /weaker orgasm but it never had any effect on my dicks erectile function. always woke up hard as usual and still had involuntary erections. when i stopped the antidepressants the libido came back after a month and the orgasms felt the same again. with the rogaine erectile dysfunction its coming up to nearly 9 months and if anything my symptoms getting worse. before on average i would wake up maybe once or twice a week with a albeit very semi erection. about 30%. but that was better than nothing and at least showed some blood was getting through for the maintenance over the night. however last 6 weeks nothing. and what i have changed is ive gone back to the gym and starting taking creatine supplement . most guys advocate pumping iron to get the hormones going blood flowing. this seems to have made matters worse for me